Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,867 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Me and my spouse are moving up to MSP next month. We both will be working in Roseville and don't mind commuting up to 30 mins during rush hour.
We definitely do not want to live in the city. We really want to live in a safe community with privacy, and close to nature.
We are willing to spend up to $375,000 for a home.
Any suggestions on areas around MSP that would be worth checking out?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 04:55 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
you don't want to live in any city?

Old 08-31-2021, 06:50 AM

118 posts, read 95,652 times
Hmm, if I were homoosexual, I don't think I would expect residents of a lot suburbs to embrace homosexuality, such as maybe Wayzata. I don't know what you expect, but I don't think you're going to be accosted in any suburb (maybe respectfully avoided but I guess that's their right too)..you're not going to get a beatdown or anything like that for godsake. I don't know what being homosexual friendly means really - no one in the suburbs is going to celebrate or embrace someone else's sexual proclivities. Most don't care, if they don't like you, they don't like you, if you don't like them, your don't like them. People don't have forced associations, whether in the city or in the suburbs. Neither communities are going to celebrate your arrival, and why should they? it's your business to mind. People only need to be civil !

Old 08-31-2021, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 4,867 times
LOL, Thanks.
We actually found a place quickly, in Golden Valley. Hopefully we will be neighbors and can celebrate homosexuality together.

Last edited by chgomspbound; 08-31-2021 at 07:42 AM..

Old 08-31-2021, 05:17 PM

87 posts, read 400,968 times
Golden Valley would be my first option for what you were looking for! GV has their own Pride fest every year and I have a lot of same sex couple friends in GV! You will love it...Good choice!

Old 09-01-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chgomspbound View Post
LOL, Thanks.
We actually found a place quickly, in Golden Valley. Hopefully we will be neighbors and can celebrate homosexuality together.
Glad you found a good fit ! If we would be neighbors I guarantee you that I, like most, would be civil, primarily due to the edits of my faith and religion. Similarly I would guarantee you that I would not celebrate ("with you") your homosexuality or any other aberrant behavior, primarily due to the edits of my faith and religion. Freedom is a good thing - for you, and for me. That's one aspect and promise of America that makes us grateful.

God Bless, and let's keep praying...together. All things are possible with the Grace of God !

Old 09-01-2021, 08:44 AM

3,297 posts, read 3,021,473 times
E
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaniLTD View Post
Glad you found a good fit ! If we would be neighbors I guarantee you that I, like most, would be civil, primarily due to the edits of my faith and religion. Similarly I would guarantee you that I would not celebrate ("with you") your homosexuality or any other aberrant behavior, primarily due to the edits of my faith and religion. Freedom is a good thing - for you, and for me. That's one aspect and promise of America that makes us grateful.

God Bless, and let's keep praying...together. All things are possible with the Grace of God !
With the exception, perhaps of correctly spelling "edicts." And being truly kindhearted instead of using fake niceness to insult people.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:10 AM

yes I just noticed the edicts thing...typos ! like your "E" at the top

Old 09-01-2021, 02:31 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
LOL, Thanks.
That made me lol, Ha!

Old 09-02-2021, 01:05 AM

1,935 posts, read 5,829,251 times
Quote:
LOL, Thanks.
Congrats and welcome to MSP!

As you're likely aware, the Twin Cities in general are very friendly to LGBT families (*the biblical rant you encountered here would most definitely qualify as "aberrant behavior" ). --And Golden Valley is one of the more progressive suburbs you could have landed in. Best of luck in your relocation and getting settled in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul