Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I'm in the mood for really spicy food but it is hard to find around here since the general population prefers a more mild flavor. Most Mexican restaurants I've been to purposely dumb down the spice to appeal to the population. Anyways, by far the spiciest food I've had here is the jerk flavored food at Marla's Caribean Restaurant on Bloomington Ave and 38th St in south Minneapolis.

Marla's Caribbean Cuisine

It made me cry when I ate it and I loved every moment of it.

Any other recommendations for really spicy good food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,332 times
There are a lot of places that serve spicy food, many of them being Asian or Indian. Azia at 26th & Nicollet is a good bet, so is Peninsula and Harry Singh's, also in the same neighborhood. Actually "Eat Street" is a really good source for those times when you need a fire in your belly!

Old 11-01-2008, 07:35 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Seriously, if you want spicy food, then you have to get out of the TC.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:55 AM

455 posts, read 1,114,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Seriously, if you want spicy food, then you have to get out of the TC.

Being that you live in Maine, you would know????

On a more positive note. There are tons of very good spicy food restaurants in the Twin Cities these days. World class ethnic food at many places here nowadays.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:55 PM

987 posts, read 3,819,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalife View Post
Being that you live in Maine, you would know????

On a more positive note. There are tons of very good spicy food restaurants in the Twin Cities these days. World class ethnic food at many places here nowadays.
I agree with K-Luv. Having lived in Los Angeles, the "Indian Hot" in LA is hotter than the Indian hot here, Thai hot is about the same, and Mexican hot here is Mexican mild in Los Angeles.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:13 AM

73 posts, read 320,507 times
Not sure if its the spiciest, but i just checked out the Tea House
Tea House Chinese Restaurant
They have 2 menus - one that has been americanized and one that is authentic chinese. I have a pretty typical american palette, like some spice, but not that much. I tried something with 'one pepper' and it was definitely at my threshold. Their food goes up to '3 peppers' I think.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Used to be a place callled Sri Lanka Curry House in Uptown. Likely gone but Id check for indian restaurants as they can turn curry up to nuclear level.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:30 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
Try papaya salad or laab from one of the Hmong, Lao, or Thai restaurants (or at the Hmong Market), and have them make it very spicy. Or go to Little Szechuan. I heard it's authentic from a Chinese student at my school and if it's true to its Sichuan roots they should make their stuff very hot.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 6,446 times
Cool spicy wings

If you love hot and spicy, you need to head to Girvan Grill in Brooklyn park. It's located at Edinburgh golf course. Great food in general, but try their Ghost wing challenge, killer flavor and heat level. If you go to teir web site, you can check out their wall of flame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul