Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 10:55 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times

Advertisements

I learned to drive and spent 25 years on the roads in California. What I saw when I went back to the Twin Cities area was pretty tame compared to that. Somehow a tailgating man flashing gang signs to me while wearing a business suit failed to make me move over into the fast lane so he could pass me on the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 07:14 AM

60 posts, read 94,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I've been cut off by 3 cars in the last two days while riding my motorcycle. One was a Toyota Prius who decided to move into the lane I was in while we were completely parallel from each other on 35W. I'm still convinced the guy was trying really hard to kill me.
That sounds abominable. I wish you could post their license plate and report them. Some people like the above Prius should be ticketed and cited for anti-social behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
makes you want to pummel them and their car with a baseball bat. I am always careful around motorcycles. Had a friend get killed a few years ago and have many friends who enjoy riding
:-)
I know how you feel.

I'm strongly considering getting a dashboard camera because of these issues. Some people are using their cars as menaces to public safety and operating them with feckless disregard for other road users. It's just shameful people are so hostile in this miserable city. I'm used to using public transportation in my native Hong Kong as do 95% of our population so we've learned to share the space we have. People who disrespect public order get punished. Too bad that doesn't work in Eden Prairie.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:47 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
I think I'm going to get a GoPro installed on my helmet and record all of the idiot drivers and close calls and then post the content on youtube to expose the fools. There would be plenty of content to be had here, trust me.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:32 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,096,186 times
Quote:
Start seeing motorcycles! I wear a jacket with bright florescent yellow in it so don't tell me you didn't see me!
Lord.....really?

PS. Why is there no "barf emoticon"?

Old 08-18-2015, 04:56 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,096,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
makes you want to pummel them and their car with a baseball bat. I am always careful around motorcycles. Had a friend get killed a few years ago and have many friends who enjoy riding
:-)
Sounds like you have the road rage problem, not them....

Old 08-21-2015, 08:26 PM

517 posts, read 1,052,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota nice View Post
Hello,

I hope this topic has not yet been discussed.

I don't return to Minnesota very often but when I do, I have a longish drive and pass through many cities. Consistently, the city I own a home in, Eden Prairie, has shown itself to have some extremely aggressive and irascible drivers. Road rage is especially noteworthy on Flying Cloud Drive and Spring Road. I have no idea why.

I drive in other suburbs such as Maple Grove, Plymouth, Edina, Minnetonka, Wayzata and cities such as Minneapolis/St Paul, and they're not nearly as aggressive. I don't know why driving has to be so stressful in Eden Prairie.

Question: Are there any cities in Minnesota that stand out for road rage (or aggressive driving)?

We used to have a lot of road rage in Texas, but now everybody has a gone and if you get all rude, we just tell the cops who come to,get your corpse, "I felt threatened" which is a legal. Reason to use deadly force. folks are getting more polite, or only the polite ones are still alive I don't know.

Cheers
Qazulight

Old 08-22-2015, 10:08 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesota nice View Post
I was having a pretty rotten day when I wrote the opening post. I was driving on Flying Cloud Drive when a car pretended to side swipe me and almost ran me into the curb/ditch. (VW Passat CC) Then, as I turned on to Spring Road, a minivan (Chevrolet Venture) tailgated me all the way up the road and crossed the double yellow lines to cut me off and brake check me. I honked at her and she followed me to my neighborhood!

It was pretty bad that day and when I went home, I had chest pains and heart palpitations due to the stress. Note: I am a young male so it would be unusual if it were anything else other than stress.

It is NOT the first, second or third or fourth or fifth time these kinds of antics have happened. It seems very common in Eden Prairie, especially on Flying Cloud Drive and Spring Road, maybe because speed limits are higher here and people drive nicer than average vehicles. I am not sure why it has to be but driving in Eden Prairie is so stressful sometimes.

What happened to Minnesota nice?

Old 08-23-2015, 12:04 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmn View Post
Lord.....really?

PS. Why is there no "barf emoticon"?
Yes, really. I promise to stop saying it the moment I stop getting cut off by motorists.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:16 PM

39 posts, read 109,657 times
Quote:
Start seeing motorcycles! I wear a jacket with bright florescent yellow in it so don't tell me you didn't see me!
You can wear all the colors and with flashing lights on your jacket and helmet and those stupid cage drivers will still ignore you. They are too distracted with their cell fones, talking or texting.
It is like that in all states. After 30 years of MC riding I gave it up when I was almost killed twice in two weeks and it wasn't my fault.

Good luck!

Old 08-25-2015, 08:22 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
MN nice is just a saying.
We drive throughout the US frequently and can easily say MN has the most honkers.
Today we were at a red light light and the far right lane was a turn lane only, we were in that lane and were 5-6 vehicles behind the car going straight.
There was a red light for the straight traffic and a green arrow to right for the right lane.
Obviously the car was clogging traffic but the person behind honked and I said, watch there will be 3 honks. Sure enough the next car and the next car all had to honk.
What's the deal with the honkers, I'm sure the driver got the message with one honk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota