Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 07:49 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,929,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Thanks for clarifying, I’ve only understood SF to mean San Francisco. I stand corrected.

Median house price comparison of Minneapolis vs. Sioux Falls:
Minneapolis = $325,796
Sioux Falls = $269,892

Between those two in my opinion you get what you pay for. I’ll gladly pay 18% more to live in Minneapolis.
And I'll happily stay here and pocket my own money instead of giving it to the leftist loonies that have buried this once fine city of Minneapolis.

Stand back and take a breath. These fools ruining Minneapolis (and the fools that are voting them in) aren't done yet based on everything I've read.

The OP made a very wise decision.

Old 10-24-2021, 03:20 AM

628 posts, read 1,437,482 times
Sioux Falls is a nice city. Reminds me of a slightly more urban Fargo, which is a city I also like.

Old 11-01-2021, 10:04 AM

249 posts, read 504,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
And I'll happily stay here and pocket my own money instead of giving it to the leftist loonies that have buried this once fine city of Minneapolis.

Stand back and take a breath. These fools ruining Minneapolis (and the fools that are voting them in) aren't done yet based on everything I've read.

The OP made a very wise decision.
When all you *read* is Brietbart and Tucker Carlson, of course "what you read" is that.

For you it might be horrible to live in a state with good public education, one of the highest-quality of lifes in the country, with relatively clean water, all the best medical care you can ask for, a diverse economy, and a higher than average household income. I'll keep voting for the "leftist loonies" who have created, sustained, or increased those metrics.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:17 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiste13 View Post

For you it might be horrible to live in a state with good public education, one of the highest-quality of lifes in the country, with relatively clean water, all the best medical care you can ask for, a diverse economy, and a higher than average household income. I'll keep voting for the "leftist loonies" who have created, sustained, or increased those metrics.
All of these are great, as long as you survive.

Who wants to go out after dark now days? That's NO way to live. It's a crappy way to have to live.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:30 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
All of these are great, as long as you survive.

Who wants to go out after dark now days? That's NO way to live. It's a crappy way to have to live.
I’m not seeing it. We took the kids trick-or-treating last night in my Minneapolis neighborhood. There were more kids out than I have seen in my 15 years living in the city limits and it was a very festive atmosphere, despite being a little chilly outside.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:47 AM

249 posts, read 504,778 times
Quote:
I’m not seeing it. We took the kids trick-or-treating last night in my Minneapolis neighborhood. There were more kids out than I have seen in my 15 years living in the city limits and it was a very festive atmosphere, despite being a little chilly outside.
These guys spout opinions-as-facts that can't be fact-checked, and if you ask for more detailed information they say, "do your research".

CD user: MPLS is crumbling. Nobody wants to move there.
Actual fact: MPLS grew by 12.5% since 2010.
CD user: yeah, but that doesn't count.

Old 11-01-2021, 12:08 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiste13 View Post
These guys spout opinions-as-facts that can't be fact-checked, and if you ask for more detailed information they say, "do your research".

CD user: MPLS is crumbling. Nobody wants to move there.
Actual fact: MPLS grew by 12.5% since 2010.
CD user: yeah, but that doesn't count.
Nothing brings me more joy than reading about why the city I live in is a cesspool for criminal thugs and loony leftist politicians by people who live in Boston, Philly and Sioux Falls. It’s just wonderful.

Old 11-07-2021, 09:10 PM

441 posts, read 440,006 times
Quote:
We live in an apartment complex, not sure exactly how many units but it's decent sized and we got NO trick or treaters. Not sure why. There is also another apartment complex bigger than where I live directly across the street. Also close to nice neighborhoods which I am sure have kids. Seems like it has been like that the last few years.

Down side we have a huge bag of candy. I put it in the freezer. :-)

Old 11-11-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Are you delusional? Comparing Trick-or-Treat to ME not going to run random errands after dark here in South Minneapolis is absurd. As STUPID as these criminals are, I doubt they're going to hit up children for their candy.

I'm NOT getting gas at night, I try not to grocery shop after dark. It's becoming impossible to not venture out at night now with darkness creeping in so early. These are activities I used to be able to do and did so with regularity and without fear.

Besides the thug criminals, there are some absolute A$$**** lawless drivers out there now. The worst ones I see are on Hiawatha, maybe 38th, 42nd and 46th. They'll run red lights, stop signs and race at high speeds and they don't give a crap about being seen doing it. They act like it's their right and there's nothing wrong doing it.

If you don't fear going out almost anywhere in Minneapolis at night, you're simply lacking common sense.

Car-jacking and armed robbery are a regular occurrence - these are not limited to night but you are much more vulnerable after dark. One needs to be quite aware of surroundings 100% of the time.

Sadly this is the reality these days.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARas2020 View Post
We live in an apartment complex, not sure exactly how many units but it's decent sized and we got NO trick or treaters. Not sure why. There is also another apartment complex bigger than where I live directly across the street. Also close to nice neighborhoods which I am sure have kids. Seems like it has been like that the last few years.

Down side we have a huge bag of candy. I put it in the freezer. :-)
Most complexes have planned trick or treat activity time within a building. At least that's my experience in typical complexes. Also you likely have a secure building so no one outside will be coming in and it likely wouldn't be worth their time with most doors not being answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota