Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times

Advertisements

Well on the upside they just ran a story this weekend in the paper that we (the flathead) are runing out of buildable land.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 08:14 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,076,006 times
Well I don't want to jump into any argument about how bad or good Missoula is but one thing I do know, and that is that Missoula is not in the middle of the Bitterroot Valley ! It is located at the northern end of the Bitterroot Valley just east of the confluence of the Bitterroot River and the larger Clark Fork River.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 PM

495 posts, read 493,641 times
Quote:
Well JoJoMan, sounds like you are not to happy with your lot in life. Maybe if your income is stretched a little thin, you could go to the University and upgrade your smarts a little and then demand a bit higher pay. As I stated before, Missoula is a nice town for its size. Maybe Thompson Falls or Ronan are more to your liking. I'm sure the property values would suit your income better. Besides, if you don't want anyone moving to Montana, maybe you and some of your friends can buy up all the remaining property's and lock the gates! That way you would be sure to control the whole state for yourselves or hey! How bout running for office? Then you could pass a moratorium on any new residents.
Hey I never said I wasn't happey with Missoula - I just find it very entertaining you might say, it is always good for a laugh. Oh say I did go to the UM - got my Masters and get paid accordingly.
Yea I thought about buying up lots of property and locking the gate - but that's so old hat around here now - I'd feel like a follower rather that a leader in that endevaor.
I'm not sure I ever said I didn't want anyone moving here - I think it was more like - spread out a little - missoula isn't the only place you need to come to in order to get high, stare at the mountains, open a yoga studio, build another subdivision, get a degree, grow a poney tail, have a pot festival, protest the war, relive the 60s, go mountain bike riding, become a fishing guide, eat tofu, encourage a bully football team that picks on defensless losers, become self-absorbed, wear berkinstocks, eat over priced natural food, read the local liberal independent rag news paper, pamper yourself with thoughts of being multicutural tolerant, and ride you 4 thousand dollar foo-foo bike down the middle of the main street in order to prover you are willing to act, and die like and idiot if necessary like to save the planet, gosh did I leave anyone out ?
Missoula it's a lovely place if you like that sort of thing, or just like to laugh at it, I'm in the later camp.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:05 PM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,568 times
Don't dis on JoeJoe

Old 11-01-2007, 05:41 AM

Dang joejoe, the system won't let me rep you for the last post...

Old 11-26-2007, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 13,250 times
I agree with JoJoMan. Missoula is a dirty town. It is too diverse for it's own good. I was born and raised here. Let me tell you all that the quaint town of Missoula that it use to be no longer exists. We are now a large city with way to many liberals and too much trend. Our area has wonderful outdoors and recreation areas. I have hunted since I was a little girl. We use to throw our deer and elk in the back of the truck and take it through town to our house. Neighbors would come over to see what we scored. Now if you drive through town with a dead deer you get nasty snarls and glares. Even flipped off. The liberals have taken over our town! We can no longer ride our dirtbikes, snowmobiling is almost out of the question. They have closed all of our trails. If you want to walk through a store smelling B.O, seeing dirty people with bare feet, dreadlocks, nasty beat up housing (or now townhouses), you want to go to gay bars, then this place is for you. Unfortunately my entire family is here so it is hard to leave. But please. You've already ruined our wonderful town so continue to move here. Maybe eventually people will realize how horrible this place and start to take over another city and we can have our town back!

Old 11-28-2007, 03:57 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,076,006 times
There are still plenty of trails in the missoula area that you can still ride dirt bikes on. I can list plenty of them for you right here if you want ! And I'm not sure there is any town anywhere that undesirable people are never seen.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:50 AM

1 posts, read 8,044 times
JoeJoeman, why do you spend so much time dissing Missoula on the internet? Is it because, *gasp* you might see a, dare I say it, homosexual walking down the street? Also, if you dislike it so much, why do you still live here? Maybe you should take a deep breathe, step away from the computer, and try going outside for a while. Maybe even ride a bike.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:48 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeMan View Post
Hey I never said I wasn't happey with Missoula - I just find it very entertaining you might say, it is always good for a laugh. Oh say I did go to the UM - got my Masters and get paid accordingly.
Yea I thought about buying up lots of property and locking the gate - but that's so old hat around here now - I'd feel like a follower rather that a leader in that endevaor.
I'm not sure I ever said I didn't want anyone moving here - I think it was more like - spread out a little - missoula isn't the only place you need to come to in order to get high, stare at the mountains, open a yoga studio, build another subdivision, get a degree, grow a poney tail, have a pot festival, protest the war, relive the 60s, go mountain bike riding, become a fishing guide, eat tofu, encourage a bully football team that picks on defensless losers, become self-absorbed, wear berkinstocks, eat over priced natural food, read the local liberal independent rag news paper, pamper yourself with thoughts of being multicutural tolerant, and ride you 4 thousand dollar foo-foo bike down the middle of the main street in order to prover you are willing to act, and die like and idiot if necessary like to save the planet, gosh did I leave anyone out ?
Missoula it's a lovely place if you like that sort of thing, or just like to laugh at it, I'm in the later camp.
Missoula reminds me of we called "The Peoples Republic of Boulder" Colorado.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Missoula reminds me of we called "The Peoples Republic of Boulder" Colorado.
Headed towards Berkely???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula