Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:35 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,816 times

Advertisements

My hubby and I are going to Branson this weekend, for a couple of reasons. First to check out some property in the area surrounding Branson (we are hoping to retire there before too much longer) and the main reasons are our little grandkids
Our daughter and kids moved from here (NW Arkansas) to Branson in June and we haven't seen them since they left !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 08:41 AM

74 posts, read 219,284 times
Love the Bull Shoals lake area, lots to do in the Ozark county region.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times
Well, even though I LIVE in MO, already, I thought I'd talk about WHERE in MO I want to spend more time. As our family's genealogist, I would love to spend more time in Columbia and St. Louis areas since that is where 95% of my known ancestors lived and are buried.

I have only been seriously doing genealogy for less than two years and that has been done online. I can't wait to visit the old cemeteries and find more physical documents in the public archives. I know I've got a whole lot of unknown relatives and I'd love to find and meet them, too. Okay, it's gonna take more than a weekend...but it's still where I wanna go!

It's a genealogists dream and I hope to have it before the year is out.

MrsG
Genealogy...the ultimate "who-done-it"!

Old 07-09-2007, 04:03 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Try Ozark National Scenic Riverways, Eminence, MO.. Bluff Hole near Jack's Fork River, Alley Spring Campground near Eminence, about 155 miles south of St. Louis.. Go about nine miles southeast of Eminence to Rocky Falls Shut ins. Hole-In-The-Wall and Buck Hollow, both on the Jack's Fork River. (573-323-4236). Ozark National Scenic Riverways - Ozark National Scenic Riverways (U.S. National Park Service) or Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov, or Jacks Fork and Current River Cabins, Rooms and Suites in Eminence, MO. - Home. or Eminence Missouri MO Chamber of Commerce - Canoeing, camping, horseback riding, lodging, Ozarks vacation!. Beautiful areas and off the beaten path in some cases. Enjoy.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Wink Love the Branson area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdslady View Post
My hubby and I are going to Branson this weekend, for a couple of reasons. First to check out some property in the area surrounding Branson (we are hoping to retire there before too much longer) and the main reasons are our little grandkids
Our daughter and kids moved from here (NW Arkansas) to Branson in June and we haven't seen them since they left !!
May I make a suggestion...I live and work at real estate in the Branson/Table Rock Lake area...I like the Ridgedale/Blue Eye area for being out of the madness and in an area "most likely" to go up in value.

And remember as you look at those listings, the mailing addresses for these little towns go far and afield from the actual town. Like: The town of Blue Eye is waaay down by the border, but folks at the tippy tip of JJ Hwy have a Blue Eye mailing address.

Have fun! I can't imagine living anywhere else!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:01 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,128 times
care to talk about t he blue eye area?

I think I seen it on the map and cant tell if its in Arkansas or Missouri?

What "bigger" area is near by?

Price of homes? ...and Im not talking about those once upon a time shacks!

Taxes?

schools?

Income from what sources?

Commute to ???? for work?

Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 PM

145 posts, read 655,837 times
I'm here to give another vote for Elephant Rocks--they are really neat!
Besides that, it would really depend on what season I was visiting in...but in general, I'd also be one to go eat Italian on The Hill in St. Louis, I'd add a stop in Lake of the Ozarks to visit Ha Ha Tonka park, would go to Fantastic Caverns near Springfield or maybe Meramec Caverns nearer to wine country (since I haven't made it there yet and love caves), and would also make it over to Ste. Genevieve because I'm very interested in MO's French heritage and haven't visited that yet, either...

Old 07-10-2007, 11:08 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la_missourienne View Post
I'm here to give another vote for Elephant Rocks--they are really neat!
Besides that, it would really depend on what season I was visiting in...but in general, I'd also be one to go eat Italian on The Hill in St. Louis, I'd add a stop in Lake of the Ozarks to visit Ha Ha Tonka park, would go to Fantastic Caverns near Springfield or maybe Meramec Caverns nearer to wine country (since I haven't made it there yet and love caves), and would also make it over to Ste. Genevieve because I'm very interested in MO's French heritage and haven't visited that yet, either...
Hmmmmm,,, sounds like someone of my own tastes! However, please save your $$$ & time, and venture instead to Onondaga State Park, and not Meramec Caverns [ripoff and twisted history]. Yes, Ste Gen is very cool area. Can't believe I forgot to mention Ha Ha Tonka State Park! Good choice!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:28 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,398,001 times
If I could go to Missouri for a weekend, I'd stay there for more than a weekend...maybe 20 years...oh wait...I've done that already and my vacation is not done yet

Old 07-12-2007, 01:50 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Assuming two days:
Take in a ball game at Hammonds, dinner at Doe's Eat Place.
Then the next day rent a pontoon boat and take a boat ride complete with wine, cheese, and fruit (something healthy ya know?). Then maybe take in a show and then head for the Bar Louie for a nightcap.

Oh yea, I live here...I guess this is what I can do any day.

But for an out of town experience...I would go with St. Louis. A nice show, a nice dinner on The Hill. Then before heading back to the Branson area...hit Nordstroms, Trader Joe's, and Costco (I'm obviously bringing coolers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri