Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 08:33 PM

59 posts, read 75,210 times

Advertisements

People actually believe Covid is not real.

https://www.rawstory.com/anti-vaxxer-hospitalization/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 11:23 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob0709 View Post
People actually believe Covid is not real.
https://www.rawstory.com/anti-vaxxer-hospitalization/
Darwin Award Material?

The Truth is somewhere in between.

Yes, there is a virus. And the vaccine is a great thing, for us older folk.
No, there aren't that many people dying from the Delta variant.

There are very, very few who do not believe the virus is real,
although some underestimate how tough it can be on your body.

The Delta Variant is putting a lot more people in the hospital,
but for shorter stays, and more are recovering.

Old 07-11-2021, 12:27 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,401,124 times
Is that common? Imperial College London finds side effects are the main concern. https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...0210520_v2.pdf

Old 07-11-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Is that common? Imperial College London finds side effects are the main concern. https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...0210520_v2.pdf
Believing the virus is a hoax is rare, but it happens.

Fear that the authorities are keeping us in the dark about the side effects is pretty common, and is why I have been looking at those arguments and some of the literature pretty often.

It isn't that I don't trust the Authorities.
Oh, wait, it is that I don't trust them.

But usually they don't lie when they publish the data, they just tell you that it says something other than what it really says. Their own, published, data sometimes shows a different story than what they tell the public through Main Stream Media.

No, I am not an anti vax, in fact I have always said us older folk should get the vaccine.
Younger folk, OTOH, well, that depends on how young, and whether they are male or female.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:46 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,860,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Believing the virus is a hoax is rare, but it happens.

Fear that the authorities are keeping us in the dark about the side effects is pretty common, and is why I have been looking at those arguments and some of the literature pretty often.

It isn't that I don't trust the Authorities.
Oh, wait, it is that I don't trust them.

But usually they don't lie when they publish the data, they just tell you that it says something other than what it really says. Their own, published, data sometimes shows a different story than what they tell the public through Main Stream Media.

No, I am not an anti vax, in fact I have always said us older folk should get the vaccine.
Younger folk, OTOH, well, that depends on how young, and whether they are male or female.
Can't rep you again. great post and common sense with a good bit of skepticism.

Old 07-12-2021, 10:24 AM
tlw

98 posts, read 433,241 times
Young people are carriers and spreaders too!!

They also can have many types of compromising health issues, and sometimes not even be aware of them.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlw View Post
Young people are carriers and spreaders too!!

They also can have many types of compromising health issues, and sometimes not even be aware of them.
Yep. But, for young people, the virus isn't as dangerous as the shot.

I don't know where the balance point is, but for us older folk (over 60), the shot is less dangerous, and the virus is more dangerous. For those under 18, the shot is more dangerous, and the virus is less dangerous.

If I had to guess where the balancing point is, I would say close to 40. But it could be anywhere between 20 and 60. There are too many "compromising health issues" involved and too many unknowns to deal with.

If you are an obese, diabetic, with high blood pressure, that balancing point would be a lot closer to 20. If you run the Iron Man every year and have a clean bill of health, the balance is closer to 60. Any way you look at it, nothing is completely safe, and you have to make up your own mind.

Old 07-12-2021, 12:43 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
With a huge majority of the population being obese or overweight that already have more likely and possible comorbidities- put them at higher risk for complications from the virus. Time for the South to pick up the pace and improve the vaccination rates before the winter, the rest of us will keep moving forward...

Last edited by GraniteStater; 07-12-2021 at 12:53 PM..

Old 07-12-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
With a huge majority of the population being obese or overweight that already have more likely and possible comorbidities- put them at higher risk for complications from the virus. Time for the South to pick up the pace and improve the vaccination rates before the winter, the rest of us will keep moving forward...
Well, last time I looked at my math book, 35% wasn't "the vast majority."
I doubt this surge will last more than a few weeks, and we will see receding rates again.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:01 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Well, last time I looked at my math book, 35% wasn't "the vast majority."
I doubt this surge will last more than a few weeks, and we will see receding rates again.
Granite said "obese or overweight".

https://www.healthline.com/health/ob...ates-are-obese.

"In the United States, 36.5 percent of adults are obese. Another 32.5 percent of American adults are overweight. In all, more than two-thirds of adults in the United States are overweight or obese."

That is 69%.

"Around 17 percent of American children ages 2 to 19 are obese. That’s more than 12.7 million American children. One in 8 preschoolers is obese."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri