Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After both fighters are on the mat for 20 seconds, it should be....
Broken up by the ref... 3 33.33%
Allowed to continue.... 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 03:45 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times

Advertisements

I couldn't understand why this gets so much attention as it did the Vancouver, when they stopped by here on Sat. night.....
I could watch it, maybe, a little more and like this "sport", if, after 20 seconds on the mat, unless a guy is finishing someone off, clearly, they have to break it up and stand up again......
it's like watching guys having sex, when they're rolling on the mat for that long...just doesn't do it for me.....
now if 2 women, want to do that......lol.
Basketball has the 24 second shot clock, MMA and UFC should have a 20 second (or maybe even 15 second rule).....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 04:35 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
yeah you know nothing of the fight game/mma

nuff said

Old 06-14-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
yeah you know nothing of the fight game/mma

nuff said
I could hug and grab another guy on a mat for up to 3 minutes! With the "looks like they're having sex stuff" going on too much, I don't want to know anything about the fight game/mma....

Old 06-14-2010, 06:45 PM

yeah you could hug and grab all you want and your gonna get choked, or joint locked real fast, maybe your on to something with that 20 seconds cause thats about how long an uneducated "fan" like i think you are would last

Old 06-14-2010, 07:40 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I couldn't understand why this gets so much attention as it did the Vancouver, when they stopped by here on Sat. night.....
I could watch it, maybe, a little more and like this "sport", if, after 20 seconds on the mat, unless a guy is finishing someone off, clearly, they have to break it up and stand up again......
it's like watching guys having sex, when they're rolling on the mat for that long...just doesn't do it for me.....
now if 2 women, want to do that......lol.
Basketball has the 24 second shot clock, MMA and UFC should have a 20 second (or maybe even 15 second rule).....
this is one of the stupidest posts i've read, and you have one of the stupidest thought processes i've ever seen in action.

do the world a favor: stop watching MMA

and never write another post about MMA...anywhere.

thanks.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
this is one of the stupidest posts i've read, and you have one of the stupidest thought processes i've ever seen in action.

do the world a favor: stop watching MMA

and never write another post about MMA...anywhere.

thanks.
Which world? The part that actually sees value to this "sport"?
It's a legit question and a complaint, the rolling around on the ground for too long crap, that's I've heard others express too. That's one of the reasons they don't like it.
Also, what other "sport" is choking legal? Come on....

Old 06-14-2010, 08:20 PM

ok so because a couple of boxing fans dont like the wrestling/jiu jitsu portions of mma you think the sport should be changed to basically kick boxing or K-1? then wy call it MMA why not call it kick boxing.

this 20 second rule shows your lack in knowledge about the aspects of the sport and therefore to me (and apparently others) seems to show you are either a troll or one of those "boxing is better" types who need to stick to other boards.

you see if you know ANYTHING about the sport you would know that other then a few rather complicated and in some cases "lucky" techniques a submission in 20 seconds of a takedown is next to impossible. submissions are not a "one punch KO" they are leverage, technique and most of all hard to set up. they take more skill and training then throwing a punch, the ground game more closely resembles chess then any striking style. your opponent has MANY more options then just dodge, dip duck dive, and dodge.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM

Ok, then make it 30 seconds, other sports have time limits to do something, like the 24 second shot clock in hoops, why can't MMA have the same thing....guys grabbing and hugging on to each other for that long loses my interest quick...
At least you expect that in wrestling and if I am not mistaken in amateur wrestling...if after a certain amount of time, two men are tied up with no clear advantage of each other...then they break it up.
Oh well, someone else summed it up perfectly on another thread......

Hardcore
befriend Join Date: Feb 2008
1,652 posts, read 1,018,176 times

Every time I see a UFC game all they do is rolling around on the floor hugging each other.
Even I could do that.
Donald Brashear would be a UFC champion in no time if he tried it.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 06-14-2010 at 08:44 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Which world? The part that actually sees value to this "sport"?
It's a legit question and a complaint, the rolling around on the ground for too long crap, that's I've heard others express too. That's one of the reasons they don't like it.
Also, what other "sport" is choking legal? Come on....
just listen to yourself talk. just look at the contempt in your words. for **** sake, man, do YOURSELF a favor, and never watch MMA again. clearly, you dont like it. stop punishing yourself.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Ok, then make it 30 seconds, other sports have time limits to do something, like the 24 second shot clock in hoops, why can't MMA have the same thing....guys grabbing and hugging on to each other for that long loses my interest quick...
At least you expect that in wrestling and if I am not mistaken in amateur wrestling...if after a certain amount of time, two men are tied up with no clear advantage of each other...then they break it up.
Oh well, someone else summed it up perfectly on another thread......

Hardcore
befriend Join Date: Feb 2008
1,652 posts, read 1,018,176 times

Every time I see a UFC game all they do is rolling around on the floor hugging each other.
Even I could do that.
Donald Brashear would be a UFC champion in no time if he tried it.
CONGRADULATIONS!!! you did it! you've made a convincing case and won this argument. well played, sir. by referencing a message board post by some other COMPLETE MORON who thinks a guy can become a Mixed Martial Arts champion just because he plays hockey...

uuhh, yeah, you have completely sunk our arguements with your superior logic and understanding.

Last edited by Linson; 06-14-2010 at 11:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)