Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 05:39 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times

Advertisements

Ronda Rousey: 'I'm just preparing for people to get the worst idea of who I am on TUF 18' - MMAmania.com

Anyone going to watch?
I have the series set to record tonight at 9 pm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 07:37 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
I'm watching. She had a very interesting show the other night, a how I got here kind if show.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:59 PM

596 posts, read 982,855 times
I predict that the male fighters will cry more than the female fighters.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pito_Chueco View Post
I predict that the male fighters will cry more than the female fighters.
HA!

Not sure about that, so far the shows been on for 18 minutes and 2 girls already cried lol!

Old 09-05-2013, 04:53 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Good watch. 1st match should be a Doozey.
Those 2 women are HUNGRY!

Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Good watch. 1st match should be a Doozey.
Those 2 women are HUNGRY!
i have to say the women really put up some good fights. they were clearly the centerpiece of the show (duh) but they put up better fights than the guys did for sure.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I'm watching. She had a very interesting show the other night, a how I got here kind if show.
I have that on my DVR - surprisingly my wife has asked me to hold off on watching it so she can watch as well, which is an interesting development

Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I have that on my DVR - surprisingly my wife has asked me to hold off on watching it so she can watch as well, which is an interesting development
I was really interested, having trained myself, and my son training and competing in Bjj and judo I really found her earlier life very interesting. The way her mother pushed her, and taught her and such. Her rise to stardom is very different and more interesting than almost anyone in the sport. These days it's "I wrestled in collage and decided to try it and I liked it, so here I am". Without ruining it, her rise is much different IMO.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:56 AM

79 posts, read 387,873 times
I'm still surprised that there is female fighters in the UFC after Dana White made it clear on numerous occasions in the past that it will absolutely never happen as long as he's with the company. I have mixed feelings about it. But other than that, what I don't like about the UFC is that they have too many fights. The paperviews, The Ultimate Fighter, plus the events from FoxSports1, I just think it's too much what they are trying to do. The problem is that they have way too many fighters, and a lot of these fighters I feel are not elite fighters. And why are so many losers of TUF still fighting for the UFC? A lot of UFC fighters are no better than your average Joe. Mediocre stand up and mediocre ground. The new MMA fighter that comes to mind that should definitely be in the UFC is Tyrone Spong. He has amazing boxing and kickboxing only a very few can match up with. Wrestlers don't like getting hit. A lot of them can't take a punch or they can get easily hurt so they take the fight immediately on the ground. From there boredom and impatience takes over the UFC arena and that's when you begin to hear booing from the crowd. I respect BJJ more than wrestling. Wrestling alone means nothing. What are you going to do when you have the guy down? According to wrestling you will pin him down. But still, majority of UFC fans would rather see a stand up fight than 2 guys on the ground. Boxing is the most successful fighting discipline than the others alone. An entire sport is dedicated to this discipline. It's the most popular discipline when compared to the others. The next would be kickboxing and muay thai.

Last edited by Jusnred; 09-07-2013 at 01:11 AM..

Old 09-07-2013, 12:38 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusnred View Post
I'm still surprised that there is female fighters in the UFC after Dana White made it clear on numerous occasions in the past that it will absolutely never happen as long as he's with the company. I have mixed feelings about it.
Well wmma was an amateur sport with a low level of competition. However women's olympic judo and wrestling are always entertaining, often more so than the mens. If the standard keeps improving and Ronda is the first of a new wave of female fighters then I see a bright future for the sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)