Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 11:07 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,264,067 times

Advertisements

TKO (ground and pound) in the third round. my favorite fighter, Rashad Evans new Light Heavyweight Champion.

Rampage KO's Wanderlei Silva in the first round.

Mir KO's Nog in the second round.

these were all the outcomes i was hoping for. (yes, even Mir going over Nog). plus, overall, what a great card. all of the fights were fast paced and brutal. the only boring fight was the Matt Hammil fight (as expected). none of the fights went to a decision. i think they all ended in a knockout or a TKO.

this just goes to show that these MMA hating boxing fans are just spouting empty rhetoric. as much as they trash MMA as boring and low-brow, and professeth their preference for "THE SWEET SCIENCE", it's pretty obvious that they are NOT checking out any UFC action. if they were they wouldnt be saying what they're saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 11:28 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,314,914 times
So Mir vs Lesnar again 1 year after their first fight anyway it sounds like a solid night of fights.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,150 times
Well if thats what you think about boxing fans ur wrong linson and you sound like A Fu$$ing Dumb A$$ Because two of those fight ended with punches comming from boxing and one ended with a left hook also from boxing so ****!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:00 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,704,317 times
I actually think MMA has made boxing look better. Look at the horrible, low budget production of MMA. Plus the drunk white trash in the audience makes it even less tolerable.

The other problem for MMA is who is the dominant guy? With the exception of A. Silva and a inactive Fedor recently nobody can hold onto a belt for more then a couple of matches.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannysis View Post
Well if thats what you think about boxing fans ur wrong linson and you sound like A Fu$$ing Dumb A$$ Because two of those fight ended with punches comming from boxing and one ended with a left hook also from boxing so ****!
are you an idiot? did you read my post? have you read any of the ongoing discussions on this forum that i was referring to? this isnt what i think of boxing fans. those comments were aimed directly at a certain few posters - and one in particular who trash MMA, yet dont watch MMA. they have no idea what they are talking about. and regarding this post you made, neither do you. i suggest that you refer to some of the ongoing discussions and revist this original post, and then appologize for your haste. seriously, it would be the right thing to do.

this post wasnt a rant against boxing - i like boxing...i think boxing is one of the most important disciplines in MMA. i was simply exposing certain posters for what they are: know-nothing blowhards spouting empty rhetoric.

P.S. so, punches are from boxing? and hooks as well, huh? wow! thanks for uh cluin' me in on that. i appreciate it. and here i was thinking that a left hook derived from wrestling. seriously, re-look the entire context of my original post. i await an apology.

Last edited by Linson; 12-29-2008 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: post script

Old 12-29-2008, 06:48 PM

[quote=CleanCutHippie;6752173]
Quote:
I actually think MMA has made boxing look better. Look at the horrible, low budget production of MMA. Plus the drunk white trash in the audience makes it even less tolerable.
so you're sayin' boxing is champagne and MMA is beer? okay. whatever. personally, i prefer hard liquor.

Quote:
The other problem for MMA is who is the dominant guy? With the exception of A. Silva and a inactive Fedor recently nobody can hold onto a belt for more then a couple of matches.
seriously? that's a problem for MMA - is that you dont know who to cheer for? that's a problem - or something that makes it great? - that whoever is the better fighter on a given night wins the fight.

in these ongoing discussions, while righteously defending MMA i have not said one negative thing about boxers or about boxing. but since you are forcing me into that paradigme, let me ask you this: how many times in boxing have you seen a reigning champ or heavy favorite clearly lose a fight, yet win a decision for the sake of money; for the sake of hyping up, or more accurately, continuing the hype on some big fight down the road? i mean, are we being honest here or just acting like a bunch of blowhards and dip**** pundits?

Old 12-29-2008, 08:36 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,355,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
You want production value? Watch WWE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
You want disparity? Watch MLB.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:24 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,704,317 times
Watch WWE?...Yea lets go from white trash to super white trash...no thanks. The fact of the matter is boxing puts out a better product. However boxing could learn a few things from the UFC. Better undercards and less time between fights would be nice.

In a combat sport having a dominant guy helps. Love them or hate them ppl will always tune in. Who is the most popular guy in MMA when he fights? Fedor, the most dominant guy in the sport. Some ppl watch to see him continue to dominate and others want to see if he will ever lose.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:13 PM

[quote=CleanCutHippie;6755287][quote]Watch WWE?...
Quote:
Yea lets go from white trash to super white trash...no thanks.
what is this white trash of which you speak? i'm a black guy and middle class. i dont even know any "white trash" people who are serious fans of MMA. well, maybe one or two, but still, that's a rather broad and baseless generalization.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is boxing puts out a better product. However boxing could learn a few things from the UFC. Better undercards and less time between fights would be nice.
fact of the matter? well, this is obviously an opinion, which is quite debatable, and not a fact at all. personally, i can't sit through a night of boxing. but i'm not sitting here making disparaging remarks about the sport or it's fans. i think that sometimes when truth and common sense are not on your side, the only move you have left is the dick move.

Quote:
In a combat sport having a dominant guy helps. Love them or hate them ppl will always tune in. Who is the most popular guy in MMA when he fights? Fedor, the most dominant guy in the sport. Some ppl watch to see him continue to dominate and others want to see if he will ever lose.
dude, mass appeal for the "text your vote" crowd has no bearing on how much i enjoy the sport. it also has no bearing on the quality of the entertainment IMO. how old are you, btw? i just dont get where you're coming from with this.

Last edited by Linson; 12-29-2008 at 10:28 PM..

Old 12-29-2008, 10:24 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,355,773 times
Hater failed upon reading the thread title:

"Undefeated" = dominant

"Rashad Evans" = black man

What underperforming white trash!

P.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)