Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 03:18 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times

Advertisements

Midtown has seen a couple of great developments/updates recently including the following:

Blue Bird conversion into a coffee shop
What's brewing at the former Blue Bird Hardware & Seed Store? | AL.com

Old Shell Growler Station
Bier Garten team opening Old Shell Growler Station - LagniappeLagniappe

Old Shell Road School conversion to lofts ongoing
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...f1&oe=57679545
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 01:12 PM

490 posts, read 464,486 times
Oh, nice. The Old Shell Growler Station sounds nice. I have a friend that goes to Pensacola to buy his home brewing supplies. Would be nice if he only had to drive four blocks!

There is a new restaurant going in at 1252 Government Street. Its at the corner of Government Street and Georgia Avenue next to the Griffith Service Station. Chicago Dawgs.... I think is its name. The restaurant is going to serve Chicago Italian sandwiches, classic hot dogs and bratwurst, Rueben, and quesadillas. This is right behind my house and I honestly can't wait for it to open.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
Oh, nice. The Old Shell Growler Station sounds nice. I have a friend that goes to Pensacola to buy his home brewing supplies. Would be nice if he only had to drive four blocks!

There is a new restaurant going in at 1252 Government Street. Its at the corner of Government Street and Georgia Avenue next to the Griffith Service Station. Chicago Dawgs.... I think is its name. The restaurant is going to serve Chicago Italian sandwiches, classic hot dogs and bratwurst, Rueben, and quesadillas. This is right behind my house and I honestly can't wait for it to open.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about this. I will certainly be there to try it when it opens. It's always nice when another restaurant opens within walking distance of your home.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:55 PM

It really is! My wife and I put my son in the wagon every Saturday morning and take a stroll to Cream and Sugar.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
It really is! My wife and I put my son in the wagon every Saturday morning and take a stroll to Cream and Sugar.
That's an excellent spot

Old 03-09-2016, 11:20 AM

I wanted add that the Mobile Infirmary Credit Union's new bank branch along Mobile Infirmary Drive between Springhill Avenue and Old Shell Road is almost finished. They should be moving there this spring. Also, some of the folks at The Infirmary hinted that the old location at the corner of Mobile Infirmary Drive and Springhill Avenue is under consideration with a developer that builds Zaxby's fast food restaurants. Would just like to note that it is not confirmed or anything. While I'm a Foosackly's guy, it would bring more options of fast food in the Midtown area....especially around the hospitals.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I wanted add that the Mobile Infirmary Credit Union's new bank branch along Mobile Infirmary Drive between Springhill Avenue and Old Shell Road is almost finished. They should be moving there this spring. Also, some of the folks at The Infirmary hinted that the old location at the corner of Mobile Infirmary Drive and Springhill Avenue is under consideration with a developer that builds Zaxby's fast food restaurants. Would just like to note that it is not confirmed or anything. While I'm a Foosackly's guy, it would bring more options of fast food in the Midtown area....especially around the hospitals.
A Zaxby's in that area would do well.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:29 PM

What are y'all's thoughts on the below development at the old Augusta-Evans school site?
Publix and more likely coming to Midtown Mobile - FOX10 News | WALA

Old 03-28-2016, 10:01 PM

688 posts, read 1,206,182 times
The design of the shopping center reminds me of Spring Hill Village. That rain garden would make for a great social open space.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:19 PM

240 posts, read 466,630 times
I like it. It'll be a good addition to the midtown area. However, I do understand the traffic concerns. Overall, it seems pretty awesome for the area and city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area