Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 03:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,350 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Tn in June when my kids get out of school, my husband is already in alabama and is starting all his training for TK plant so we are looking for a home 3+ bdr nice yard if possible, my kids are used to living on 10+ acres which I know we are moving to the city but needing assistance in finding a good neighborhood kid friendly especially... We have 4 kids total 17,11,8,6 (2 boys and 2 girls )2 oldest are only with us for 2 1/2months in summer and school breaks...Anyone have any info on nice neighborhoods,subdivisions or homes for rent????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 08:58 PM

386 posts, read 1,217,051 times
Well, up until a year ago, Id suggest Saraland, but things are very rapidly closing down, and the citys budget is about to be severely overwhelmed with the new high school coming online and tax revenue rapidly dropping so taxes and fees are about to zoom upwards. Many would say west of I-65 on Celeste Road, but it will be a 2 lane road for many years to come and it is already SEVERELY gridlocked in morning and evening rush hour (the yield to right away interchange at I-65 does not help!) One cousin, and one uncle both lived in Saraland, and my cousin stays with me in midtown until he finds a place here, and my uncle lives in Springhill area now. Their reasons were due to conveniences. So the question is, what is most important to you in order? Proximity to work, or good schools, or conveniences. Tell me more and I can give you a more detailed answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area