Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,123,568 times

Advertisements

.......Descriptive Adjectives: arrogant, narrow-minded, presumptuous, condescending, pompous, iliberal.

Choose any one or more of the above and insert in the following time-proven-phrase:

......."Never argue with a (or an)..[_______,_________,_________] idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience".

My reputation on this form (and others on C-D) speaks for itself.

See my number of "reps" vs number of "posts".......when you get to 600 to 700 posts and above, it's somewhat unusual to find an almost "1 to 1" ratio.

You don't get "reps" if you don't deserve them!

......Oh, by the way: Go to the Public Profile for this gentlemen and click on "About Me"......Now read under "Biography" .....
How about picking an adjective for someone with this "mind-set".

See ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 03:46 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
MG....

Let's get back to some hunting conversations

Old 08-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,123,568 times
Default .........Epilogue.......

...................Thanks to those who took the time to send me a P-M.

It means a lot..........................___________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

"Hunting conversations": "Hey look Mabel....its a Buck".....BAMM!!

"OK......now show me what you learned from your Dad about field dressing a deer."

....THE END.....

Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
LOL.... Talking and looking today with hubs in the pickup..

Old 08-04-2011, 07:06 PM

14 posts, read 72,984 times
Thanks for the info and suggestions, NW Crow. I've tried that website but it's more like a collection site for various forums all over the U.S. I guess the only way to talk with a Dillonite is to call the Chamber. I don't know if they would be as honest since they are not anonymous like they would be on this forum. I kinda need to know the nitty- gritty, you know, like is there a meth problem?, my daughter is mixed race, so is there a prejudice thing with non-whites? , are there areas or people to watch out for? I used to sell real estate and an agent's not going say anything negative about the town he lives in. Anyway, thanks and good luck to you as well.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Thanks for your replies. Yeah, Craigs List is loaded with scammers here, too. You're right, I know better than to say "This is how we used to do it in __________". I've been moved around so much, I learned that lesson real early. I'll remember about the dance troupe. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:33 PM

MT-7, thanks for the invitation. I used to follow the first thread, but haven't been there in a while. It's been over 90 here almost every day since June with high humidity. I track the weather in Dillon, Missoula, Butte and Jackson Hole. Your summer weather sure looks nice. Your winter weather is rough, but do-able. I remember 60 below in Nebraska when I was young. You can always put on more clothes when it's cold, but you can only take off so many clothes when it's hot.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:54 PM

Thanks, H.I.
Yep. that's what I'll do. I'm not getting very far here, but thank you for your support. I'll keep checking this thread just in case. Maybe I'll find a forum that Dillon does post on. Could be the fact that they don't post on this one is a good thing.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:57 PM

Montana Griz,

I'm happy for you that you found a great place to live. I hope I will be as lucky as you.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 AM

297 posts, read 795,059 times
I think the reason that there are so few posters on this thread, and none that currently live in Dillon as far as I can tell, is that it's the height of summer right now and we Montanans (except for the occasional computer slug such as myself, lol) are generally pretty darn busy enjoying the weather and the outdoors while we can. Years ago when our kids were little I was outside from dawn to dusk in the summer, 'cause there's so much to do and such a short window of opportunity. Also, I know someone in the Dillon area -- she and her family have a small ranch, and they're so busy in the summer with all their livestock and going to fairs.

Frick55, you're right in that the Chamber of Commerce can't really be objective; it's their JOB is to promote the town. But I still think you'll get some good info from them. About the race issue, I don't think that's a big deal. For one thing, Dillon is a college town and in my experience, college and university towns are by their very nature more diverse. There are Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and so on in Dillon. Most people are pretty laid back about race.

Meth? I can't speak for Dillon but overall Montana had a pretty bad meth problem a few years ago. It has been addressed aggressively and you don't hear about near the problems that you did back then.

Again, good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana