Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 06:15 PM

43 posts, read 62,407 times

Advertisements

As an avid trout angler and frequent visitor (tourist) to the great state of Montana it is with cerainty
that I have found Montanans to be about the most honest and friendliest folks I have ever had the
pleasure to meet. After a few trips fishing the well known rivers where access is good I became more interested in fishing small streams found mostly on private ranches. Those owned by native Montanans typically grant me access. It is usually a different outcome if the ranch is owned by a transplant.

Last summer I was traveling from Missoula to Ovando and stopped at Trixie's Salon for a steak dinner. I happened to run into a rancher there who I had not seen or spoken to in over 10 years. I had a great visit with him and his girlfriend. We drank a few (too many) beers, and instead of me driving on to Linclon to get a motel room for the night he insisted that I sleep over at his house.
There have been many times and under different scenerios that I've met and had good experiences
with folks living in Montana. I have never had a negative experience with a native Montanan.

Perhaps, oldtrader has nailed the cause of the problems some people could have experienced. And, like volosong in his post above who mentions how many great people live in Three Forks. The one guy I knew who lived there, and who was always a very good friend, Bill Fairhurst. But of course when one thinks about it, probably the only person on Earth who did not like Bill, and may not have thought highly of him, is that guy who owns the Flying D Ranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 02:34 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
OP, seriously I've been all over the state & find the opposite to be true. I have people approach me everywhere I go.
Maybe you need change locale to where there are people are in your age group/point in life. There are small farm towns where singles are minority.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:19 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,017,434 times
Does Montana have more forests, lakes and rivers than Wyoming? I am wondering what the differences are between these two states?

Old 06-16-2016, 12:45 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Does Montana have more forests, lakes and rivers than Wyoming? I am wondering what the differences are between these two states?
Why do there have to be differences? Both are beautiful.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:41 PM

If you are a single straight male you won't find anything here neither and normal. That is the ratio of women to men is 1 woman to 10 men at a singles function. Here you thought California was a melting pot. People here are unfriendly and lots of crazies too.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
Why do there have to be differences? Both are beautiful.
Answer a question with another question?

Choices...choices and decisions to be made

Old 06-16-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Answer a question with another question?

Choices...choices and decisions to be made

Okay-I'll rephrase without the question. Both have a bountiful selection of all listed. Both are beautiful.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Okay-I'll rephrase without the question. Both have a bountiful selection of all listed. Both are beautiful.
sO how to pick one over the other?

Old 06-16-2016, 02:45 PM

Given the broad category of plentiful lakes, rivers and forests-both fit your criteria. Perhaps you need more criteria...

Old 06-16-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Given the broad category of plentiful lakes, rivers and forests-both fit your criteria. Perhaps you need more criteria...
Anything to point me in the right direction in between these 2 great states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana