Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 PM

31 posts, read 51,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
What's wrong with Cut Bank? It's Browning that's such a hole. Browning is the last town before Glacier, anyway, so maybe you have the two confused?
Ok, an example. I ordered an office chair from Billmans Home Decor here in Cut Bank. I paid for it at the store and requested delivery, as it was before lunchtime.

The chair was not delivered that afternoon, so I called the store. They said it would be dropped off tomorrow for sure.

So, tomorrow came and the chair was delivered very late afternoon. I put it in the office and went off to dinner then sleep.

When I opened the office door the next day I was overwhelmed with the smell of skunk. The delivery driver had taken the chair, locked it in the back of the cube van overnight with roadkill.

I took it back to the store for a refund. When asked why, I asked him to put the chair in the little office behind the counter overnight, then he would understand.

Last I heard they send the chair back to the factory for a replacement. Again, this town is like the movie Deliverance.

Its kinda funny, because after we leave, they will be stuck here forever, a fate that suits them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 06:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbcobrn View Post
I don't remember where it was but it was the West side of 93, on our way back from Glacier Park that we went to a Bear Sanctuary. I had never seen that many bears, nor that close up (you drive thru in your vehicles with the windows up). Kinda fun to do. I can't wait to treat the grandsons to it after we get there.

I agree with Skalkaho too. Extremely beautiful falls, and the water is delicious. Just make sure you go after the snows.....and the road reopens.
Unfortunately they were closed by the state last year. Seems the state wanted him to buy an expensive license and it turned into a fiasco. I am not sure if he was allowed to reopen but I don't think so. There was another place called wild eyes that had everything from gators to cats but they also closed up. I would suggest to anyone that they float the north fork. When we first moved here we took an all day lunch trip and it was great!! Not very expensive considering, but a blast to be sure!!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:51 PM

14 posts, read 33,381 times
The drive thru with the bears is in Coram area between Columbia Falls and Glacier Park - it is an awesome experience.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:52 PM

Definitely NW - Flathead Lake, Bigfork, Kalispell, Whitefish, Glacier National Park driving the Going to The Sun Road to east Glacier and back.
Mountains, streams, wildlife - gorgeous.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:33 PM

45 posts, read 275,754 times
I was at the bear park near Glacier in July of last year. It was great to see them so close to your car.

However there is another bear park in Yellowstone that contains all kinds of other wildlife. This one is suppose to be a lot better, unfortunately I didn't find this out until after I had already gone to the one near Glacier.

Kelly

Old 03-18-2008, 12:08 PM

The bear park in Coram, Montana on the way to Glacier Park is NOT closed. They try to shut him down every year, to no avail (thank goodness). One of his employees got hurt there last year but he is still open every spring. It is well worth the time to visit this park.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:31 PM

369 posts, read 1,455,016 times
There is a bear park on I-90 between Bozeman and Livingston featuring grizzly bears. Have never stopped but there seems to be lots of cars there in spring, summer and fall.

I live now in NW Montana, but don't overlook the Absoroka mountains near Livingston and south to Yellowstone Park through Paradise Valley. That's my favorite drive in the World. Outstanding fishing beautiful mountains. Stop at Chico Hot Springs on the way - a 5 Star eating establishment and resort and you might even rub shoulders with a movie star!! This is the original entrance to Yellowstone National Park and Gardiner is much much less over-developed than West Yellowstone and the scenery is prettier.

Just my two cents.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montann View Post
The bear park in Coram, Montana on the way to Glacier Park is NOT closed. They try to shut him down every year, to no avail (thank goodness). One of his employees got hurt there last year but he is still open every spring. It is well worth the time to visit this park.
Thank you for correcting my error! I don't keep up too much with what happens in the canyon so last I heard his permit was pulled for a while, glad to hear he got past that.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:47 PM

76 posts, read 297,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBayTodd View Post
I'm thinking of spending a couple of weeks in Montana this summer...I'd love to see some mountains, lakes, and a nice town or two. Any suggestions?

I have a great spot for you (I've stayed here twice - my friend owns it)

Bozeman Montana Ski Vacation Home Rental - Luxury log home with view of ski slopes at Bridger Bowl and Bohart Ranch

It's right outside of Bozeman.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:09 PM

65 posts, read 206,134 times
Northwest Montana from Missoula to Glacier are beautiful mountains (with Whitefish, Bigfork, Flathead Lake, Polson). Polson and Bigfork have gorgeous golf courses. Check out the Mission Church in St. Ignatius. Bigfork and Whitefish have the tourist shopping. You can get a boat rides on Flathead (biggest fresh water lake west of Mississippi). Dining out is best in Whitefish, Missoula or Kalispell or go to Quinn's Hot Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana