Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 02:27 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
I'm hoping that they are taking down that ugly tower and building a nice new modern building in its place. But completing the quad would be nice.
The tpwer was built around 1960, and I remember thinking back then that is was a strange looking building. It came online not too long after the original medical center, which was also bad taste architecture. Those buildings have served their purposes well over the years, but since they were not built in the traditional style, they look out of place with changing styles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 04:56 PM

The Purdy family donates $5 million to WVU.

https://wvutoday.wvu.edu/stories/201...mitment-to-wvu

Old 11-04-2017, 04:57 AM

WVU Music Industry students actually get hands on experience operating every facet of the University's music production studio. As told by Allegheny Mountain Radio...

Mon Hills Records - Part 1 - Allegheny Mountain Radio

Old 11-06-2017, 06:40 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
The Purdy family donates $5 million to WVU.

https://wvutoday.wvu.edu/stories/201...mitment-to-wvu
Pretty interesting how they are splitting the money up, personally I'm happy to see the B&E getting some of the money, I'm sure it'll go towards the new building.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Pretty interesting how they are splitting the money up, personally I'm happy to see the B&E getting some of the money, I'm sure it'll go towards the new building.
That makes sense. I hadn't thought about that. That new building will start the change for the better for the riverfront.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
That makes sense. I hadn't thought about that. That new building will start the change for the better for the riverfront.
That it will. Something tells me with the city asking WVU for a new public library that one might eventually be built along the river somewhere (Frederick MD is a good example of this) as part of a much larger project for the whole area.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:21 PM

671 posts, read 1,057,289 times
Quote:

What sort of info is available regrading the riverfront project? I only ask because this is the first I heard of this. Also, does this mean the B&E is abandoning reconstruction of the Falling Run loop?

Old 11-06-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
What sort of info is available regrading the riverfront project? I only ask because this is the first I heard of this. Also, does this mean the B&E is abandoning reconstruction of the Falling Run loop?
No clue if WVU is going to do anything with the loop for now, but the B&E is getting Stansbury and is going to tear it down and build in its place a much large B&E building, rec center (including rentals for stuff on the river, but no pools), restaurants (probably fresh hospitality), and dorms above the previously mentioned items. There were also hints that this would be the first building among others down by the river (nothing has been mentioned beyond just the small hints), but not necessarily related to the B&E though. Plus WVU is working with the county and the city on a holistic approach for the entire riverfront area and since WVU owns a lot of the river front, they are an important part of any plans being made. Now the city has announced they are going to get millions of dollars from the Hazel Ruby Mcwain (I probably butchered that spelling) to redevelop and majorly expand and improve the amphitheater park area (which is why they are going to remove the mountain line hub from the river front area).

This link has a concept drawing of the new building (no clue if this will be the final design though).

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/placem...b539ea977.html

Old 11-06-2017, 12:43 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,821 times
Quote:
This link has a concept drawing of the new building (no clue if this will be the final design though).

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/placem...b539ea977.html
Yeah, that's just a concept/placeholder rendering. The RFP for design and engineering services for the new building closes this week.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Yeah, that's just a concept/placeholder rendering. The RFP for design and engineering services for the new building closes this week.
I hope they come up with a more historic looking building (more in the motif of old warehouses like the office buildings down by the Waterfront hotel, brand new and modern but a more timeless historical look) and visually appealing looking building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown