Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:11 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greystreet21 View Post
FUUUUUUU! This is a HUGE loss. Rays was the only place to get a real, decent doughnut around here. Terrible news.
I really doubt that is related to fast food. I'm sorry to see them close, but there is probably a lot more to this than meets the eye. It might have nothing at all to do with competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 06:42 PM

193 posts, read 281,942 times
Thats a real shame about rays. Their doughnuts were delicious and pepperoni rolls were second to none. far superior to Dunkin

Old 01-03-2014, 10:34 PM

Right, but I never had the impression they depended on a breakfast crowd.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:55 AM

124 posts, read 151,440 times
Sad news. Ray's will be missed! I will have to find another place to get family birthday cakes. Won't be Krogers that is for sure!

Old 01-07-2014, 06:32 PM

191 posts, read 306,405 times
theres actually 3 Chik-Fil-A....and about a hundred Subways as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph3000 View Post
I wonder if Morgantown will ever see a Krystal's or White Castle...Heck while we are at it, why not a Church's, Popeye's or..wait for it...Fatburger (or whataburger)!!!

In all seriousness - Morgantown now has:

5 McDonalds
4 Burger King
2 Taco Hell
3 Dairy Queen
3 Wendy's
5 Sheetz
1 LJS, 1 KFC, 1 Sonic, 1 Hardee's and 1 Chik-Fil-A

That isn't counting the Five-Guys of the world, etc.

I know some of that is interestate traffic but wow...does that speak to how poorly people in this state (and the US) eat. I drove past the Sabraton McD's the other day going to work and the drive thru was almost out to Route 7.

Also, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why a Chipotle hasn't popped up in Morgantown. Their buildings are small and they are doing a ton of business in the US. Anyone have a clue as to why?

Old 01-07-2014, 09:50 PM

I think our fast food scene will be just fine, whether a Chipotle comes along or not.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:59 AM

32 posts, read 59,662 times
Well I don't care for Mexican food but there is a Qdoba. I'm assuming it's similar to Chipotle. Neither are fast food joints though ("quick serve" rather like Panera Bread).

Old 01-12-2014, 04:07 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,422,137 times
Development update:

Per Jason Donahue's page on LoopNet (he's the developer), a couple of other developments have been identified. Along with the BFS and LaQuinta Inn to be built, a Candlewood Suites will be built on top of the hill by Triple S Harley and a new restaurant, Carrabba's, will be on one of the middle pads across from the LaQuinta.

Now, Carrabba's happens to be one of my favorite chain restaurants (it's Italian, if you couldn't guess). I'm moving in June - how disappointing! Still, this adds to the dining choices in the area with a quality establishment.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:16 AM

The vast majority of development in that particular area will be geared toward travelers on the Interstate. Most locals actually seldom go to that area, but it is a natural to capture business from travelers. Harley owners and buyers will obviously be exceptions, but I believe the dealership has in mind expanding the customer base to include folks from other towns. He will have a very large facility that can dominate the market all the way to Washington, PA.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:15 AM

389 posts, read 797,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Development update:

Per Jason Donahue's page on LoopNet (he's the developer), a couple of other developments have been identified. Along with the BFS and LaQuinta Inn to be built, a Candlewood Suites will be built on top of the hill by Triple S Harley and a new restaurant, Carrabba's, will be on one of the middle pads across from the LaQuinta.

Now, Carrabba's happens to be one of my favorite chain restaurants (it's Italian, if you couldn't guess). I'm moving in June - how disappointing! Still, this adds to the dining choices in the area with a quality establishment.
I'm not seeing anything like that on the website you linked to. Would you mind pointing out where you're finding this information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown