Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 01:42 PM

3 posts, read 2,754 times

Advertisements

My fiancé and I meet this lady realtor at an Open house a couple months ago. She seemed very knowledgeable and nice. She told us we could qualify for a program that gives a "grant" for the down payment. We talked to her loan broker and he prequalified (my fiancé).

We saw a few homes, and made 2 offers. All the offers were rejected. The last one, I personally called the other agent and he told me he never got our offer. After calling my agent repeatedly she sent the offer (it took her a few hours to hit send on the emails). We lost that house too.

The third offer, we begged her to send it. She said no, she had pneumonia. I asked, can you get someone else in your office to send it, she said absolutely not, to wait more than 48 hours. I told her please have someone else send it and she started getting really nasty on the texts. I talked to my fiancé and decided not to use her anymore. She called me a bunch of names and then went behind my back and sent an email to my fiancé basically saying HE was the client and I did not matter. He sent her a one-liner to the extent he just wanted to end the business relationship.

Now we have another realtor. We wanted to use the same loan officers (who promised us basically no money down). The first loan officer refuses to work with us (claiming he has an exclusive relationship with the realtor). Our new realtor send us to another loan person who told us the program we were 'pre-qualified' does not exist anymore.

Is this some type of scam? It is even legal??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 01:46 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Sounds shady, should be reported for misconduct!

Old 09-23-2016, 01:47 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,932,100 times
Scam what? Did you lose any money? Move on..

Old 09-23-2016, 01:49 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Your new agent should help you find a loan officer with a similar program. No money down is nothing magical.

Get another loan officer and move on with life.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:53 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
Scam what? Did you lose any money? Move on..
Agreed, its easy to promise all kind of stuff and never deliver, which was clearly the case here.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Your new agent should help you find a loan officer with a similar program. No money down is nothing magical.

Get another loan officer and move on with life.
Apparently the program was eliminated due to lack of funds for the grants. I personally has nothing against any of the people involved; we just wanted to get the same financing that is all.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:00 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,932,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused77_ View Post
Apparently the program was eliminated due to lack of funds for the grants. I personally has nothing against any of the people involved; we just wanted to get the same financing that is all.

Well that's not the title of your post. Programs comes and goes.. Work with the new loan person to see what's out there.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:28 PM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused77_ View Post
. . .and then went behind my back and sent an email to my fiancé basically saying HE was the client and I did not matter. He sent her a one-liner to the extent he just wanted to end the business relationship.

Now we have another realtor.
Your fiance is buying the house NOT YOU. He is the client. In this one thing, I'd say the crappy Realtor was correct.

And "Now we have another realtor" should read "Now He has another realtor."

I'm not being snarky - I'm just letting you know how this stuff works so you don't get in a huff with the new realtor.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Your fiance is buying the house NOT YOU. He is the client. In this one thing, I'd say the crappy Realtor was correct.

And "Now we have another realtor" should read "Now He has another realtor."

I'm not being snarky - I'm just letting you know how this stuff works so you don't get in a huff with the new realtor.
I understand. She and I were communicating constantly before we started holding her accountable, she did not have a problem then though.

Thanks for your comment

Old 09-23-2016, 07:50 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times
Picking a realtor should be done as thoughtfully, and carefully as you pick a spouse... Even IF you only buy a single house in your entire life, it's most likely going to be the largest and most important purchase you will ever make. So, why do it with just any yahoo that says they can get you a house?

I 100% believe this, and have found it to be true more times than I care to count.

You NEED to ask around to find out the names of the best realtors in your area, and to screen them carefully before signing any agency contract with them.

A GREAT realtor is a joy to work with! A BAD realtor can make your life a living HELL, and for you to wish you had never even tried to buy a house. Even if you are stuck with one of those and go all the way through buying a house, you don't want any lasting regrets over the whole process to mess up your memories.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages