Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 07:12 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Thanks OD, I did put the new Mr. Cooper account number in when I set up my payment tp them, I might have just paid them too early before everything was totally set up on their side and then the breach happened during this transition.

I'm fine with the new company but I'd rather send them the money thru my bank vs. them coming into my bank account withdrawing with auto-pay each month, not sure I'm explaining this correctly, lol! I want the control each month. When I set it up in my banking app, it found Mr. Cooper and I only entered my account number and the fact that I wanted it sent to them electronically 2 days before the first day of each month, so maybe this first payment rejected because it was prior to 11/1/2023? What I think I will do is turn auto-pay off and see if the 11/28/2023 payment gets sent. If it gets sent back again I'll be forced to use their auto-pay, first world problems I know.
"I'd rather send them the money thru my bank vs. them coming into my bank account withdrawing with auto-pay each month,"

Fer Sherr!
No one auto-drafts our bank account for payment. We generate all payments.
If we HAD to agree to an auto-draft, it would be a sweep account in another bank. Never our primary account. But, we never have had to agree to auto-draft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2023, 10:21 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,484,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"I'd rather send them the money thru my bank vs. them coming into my bank account withdrawing with auto-pay each month,"

Fer Sherr!
If we HAD to agree to an auto-draft, it would be a sweep account in another bank. Never our primary account. But, we never have had to agree to auto-draft.
I only agreed for the first payment since they rejected my initial payment and I didn't want to pay late. I'll go back to their website, stop auto-pay and set up the payment again through my bank. I'll let you all know!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2023, 09:49 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
Mr. Cooper is a mortgage servicer, and still recovering from a cyber attack.

Old 12-01-2023, 08:09 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,484,192 times
My Fico score went down 34 points this month because of this transfer. It doesn't matter because I'm still over 800 but if I wasn't, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Old 12-02-2023, 01:20 PM

30,613 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Fer Sherr!
I definitely don't auto-draft my mortgage. I do for some other expenses, but not my mortgage.

Old 01-04-2024, 10:26 AM

Mr. Cooper in Deep DooDoo...
Class action suits after massive data breach:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...db3e6cdc&ei=51

Old 01-08-2024, 10:36 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,908,228 times
From the link in Mike's email:

"Mr. Cooper said nearly all of its current and former customers were affected."

'It’s a problem that could haunt them for years if batches of info get sold on the black market, the suit said."

Yet, a law professor states until people are actually harmed by the breach, there's no teeth to the suit.

Silly, silly rabbit. Mr. Cooper is going to be looking over their shoulders for quite a while, because when someone is the victim of identity theft and they are a present or former customer of Mr. Cooper, this class action will be that much more valuable. It won't take long for this to catch up to the 4.3M customers.

Old 01-08-2024, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
From the link in Mike's email:

"Mr. Cooper said nearly all of its current and former customers were affected."

'It’s a problem that could haunt them for years if batches of info get sold on the black market, the suit said."

Yet, a law professor states until people are actually harmed by the breach, there's no teeth to the suit.

Silly, silly rabbit. Mr. Cooper is going to be looking over their shoulders for quite a while, because when someone is the victim of identity theft and they are a present or former customer of Mr. Cooper, this class action will be that much more valuable. It won't take long for this to catch up to the 4.3M customers.
I bet they are hemorrhaging staff at this point, too.

Old 01-08-2024, 01:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
At this point they will either sell the companies assets or change their name to distance themselves from their reputation.

Old 01-08-2024, 01:53 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,908,228 times
May I share a little story about Mr. Cooper? They hired (stole) my processor by offering a six figure salary, and then some. Work from home, bonuses for closed files. A 2nd processor went right after her, but came right back, horrified at the lack or organization and the feeling of being thrown out in the middle of the ocean with no boat or oars. She was there for maybe 3 weeks.

You probably guessed it. Guess who was kicked to the curb when the downturn came? I never found out if she was able to find another position. She was excellent, but I am certain she was not making anywhere close to where she was. This business tends to turn a blind eye to the job hoppers in a busy, high production market. But in a shrinking market, no way. This processor would be viewed as ready to jump again, the minute things started to pick up. I miss my old processor, she was really, most excellent, but I do have a new appreciation for my current processor. While not heavily experienced, she is willing to learn. Attitude is 90% of this job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages