Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 12:32 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,912,116 times

Advertisements

Well,
maybe I should just schedule my closing. It seems it will not pass anyway. I don't qualify for 1st homebuyer since my spouse owned property in last 3 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 01:37 PM

135 posts, read 719,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
Well,
maybe I should just schedule my closing. It seems it will not pass anyway. I don't qualify for 1st homebuyer since my spouse owned property in last 3 years.
Baucus said about 35 percent of the plan would be set aside for tax cuts and the remainder would be government spending. He said lawmakers agreed to “shave” a proposed $15,000 tax credit for homebuyers, though he didn’t provide specifics.
Baucus said the plan might be approved by the House of Representatives as soon as tomorrow.
“There’s nothing like a deadline to force people to give and take a little bit,” Baucus said. Lawmakers are trying to get a bill to Obama before the Feb. 16 Presidents’ Day holiday. """""""""""

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:41 PM

113 posts, read 438,279 times
I wouldn't count this out just yet. The package in the Senate can't pass unless the three Republicans who have agreed to support it actually do so. This gives them a lot of negotiating power. If you live in the district of Arlen Spector (R-PA), Susan Collins (R-ME), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), or even Joe Lieberman (I-CT), I would suggest you start calling until they can't ignore you! Don't know if it would help or not to have people call who aren't constituents.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:52 PM

228 posts, read 1,205,217 times
Blah. Well, I guess I'll just keep saving my pennies.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:06 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_moby73 View Post
I wouldn't count this out just yet. The package in the Senate can't pass unless the three Republicans who have agreed to support it actually do so. This gives them a lot of negotiating power. If you live in the district of Arlen Spector (R-PA), Susan Collins (R-ME), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), or even Joe Lieberman (I-CT), I would suggest you start calling until they can't ignore you! Don't know if it would help or not to have people call who aren't constituents.

Senators Spector, Collins and Snowe, don't care if the housing credit is nixed. They all got Billions revenue for THEIR state in the stimulus deal. That's all these Republicans care about. So they can go back to their people and said the brought back billions in government money to Penn and Maine.

Those other Republicans all voted no to began with so we can't count on anyone else to block the bill.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:24 PM

135 posts, read 719,271 times
I will just keep all the money in bank...then how economy will grow??

I will be paying 35K on taxes every year...

Old 02-11-2009, 03:38 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,633,501 times
Wow.. after both republicans and democrats agreed on the 15k credit, they now nix the whole thing? Say it aint so! Well its not over yet, lets see if they change their minds again.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:01 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,784,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
Wow.. after both republicans and democrats agreed on the 15k credit, they now nix the whole thing? Say it aint so! Well its not over yet, lets see if they change their minds again.
Actually only 3 Republicans from the Senate agreed on the Bill. The Senator from Georgia who actually proposed the 15K tax credit ironically voted against the bill.

So far only 3 Republican members of Congress (both Senate and House) have voted in favor of the stimulus package. That's a whole lot of same old, same old Washington politics. What "change" have you made, President Obama?

Old 02-11-2009, 04:31 PM

392 posts, read 1,539,518 times
complete, partisan, same old bull s*it. This administration isn't going to "change" anything.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:59 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,633,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Actually only 3 Republicans from the Senate agreed on the Bill. The Senator from Georgia who actually proposed the 15K tax credit ironically voted against the bill.

So far only 3 Republican members of Congress (both Senate and House) have voted in favor of the stimulus package. That's a whole lot of same old, same old Washington politics. What "change" have you made, President Obama?

I'm talking about the 15k credit portion of it. Initially the republicans & democrats agreed on giving it to new home buyers. Thats why I'm surprised they yanked it. I'm also not happy about them not using money to upgrade schooling around the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages