Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Victory Cross Road or Harley Street Glide
Victory Cross Road 14 51.85%
Harley Street Glide 13 48.15%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 04:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

I just saw a 1980 Suzuki GS1000 shaft drive for sale for $850. I am going to call the guy to see it and see if I fit. 80 to 90 Hp can get me into more trouble than I need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 12:00 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
GregW: I bought one of those in 1980 and put 128K on it by 1998! A great bike IMO. The only problem I had with it was with the electrical system. It went through a stator, etc every couple of years. Even so, it was a great bike.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:42 AM

3 posts, read 8,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Personally I don't care for either of them since both are way over-priced for the lackluster performance they provide. There are any number of other bikes selling for about half what these do that offer far better value. I chose not to vote.
Interesting. I have ridden the half priced bikes before and they felt and performed just like half priced bikes.

Lackluster...my stock '06 KP will pull 12.5 sec 1/4 miles all day long...maybe you are talking about busas...doesn't really matter anyway, you don't sound like the type of rider that deserves to ride a Vic or a Harley anyway.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Neither of these bikes are my style, but I'd choose the Harley for it's dealership network. If you break down you're never far from a mechanic. That and the fact that Harley will be around for another hundred years and Victory could very well go out of business without warning.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:24 PM

3 posts, read 8,736 times
Those are certainly important issues, however, one of the things that Victory dealers are struggling with is the fact that these bikes don't come back. Dealership can't keep a V-Twin wrench busy enough to pay their keep. Broken clutch cable is a 10 min beside the road fix for a non-mechanic is about all you hear about. I know that it is difficult for some riders to understand and please don't take this as an attack but these bikes don't need regular dealership maintenanc. 500 miles adjustnebts, 15000 miles adjustments, 50,000 mile adjustments 100,000 mile check up. Keep oil in them and ride em. There are 350 dealers (I don't know how many Harley had after just 10 years. Polaris has way too much money invested in the Victory line and since it went into the black Polaris has re-invested more. The engineers are five years into the future as far as new bike delevoplement.

As far as out of business, Victory is backed by Polaris Industries who have been making sport vehicles for over 50 years. Actually if you look at their financials, they are in better shape than Harley...I am just saying. The next thing someone is going to bring up is re-sale (it always is) percentage wise, Victory resale is higher than Harley, but everyone's resales are in the toilet.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:25 AM

3 posts, read 129,618 times
I just traded by @005 Ultra Classic in ona 2010 Victory CC. The more I ride the CC the more I like it. It has lots more power than the HD Ultra and is lighter. It even feels lighter that is is because of the lower center of gravity. It handles better especially a slower speeds when your trying to manuver. I still own a 2006 Street Bob also but the new Victory is going to cut into Harley sales. Test drive on and you agree. I've had my CC for 2 weeks and love it.Read more: Cross Country or Street Glide

Old 01-27-2010, 01:29 PM

9 posts, read 13,966 times
Harley all the way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles