Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,123,322 times

Advertisements

This can't be a serious thread....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,165,844 times
I just saw Twilight and there were no black heroes in that one.

Ok, I lied. I never saw Twilight.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,808,354 times
I wonder if the average Italian guy gets tired of every movie depicting them as being mobsters or hit men

I wonder if Asian or black guys with glasses get tired of being depicted as nerds in every movie.

I wonder if every blonde with a big rack gets tired of being portrayed as a bimbo in every movie.

I wonder if every heavy black woman without glasses gets tired of having to yell, "oooooh girl" or "no, no no girl friend" or "uh uh no he didt ent" every five seconds. That is unless there's a black guy with out glasses that yells "damn" or "awww hells to the naww shawty, I ain't goin' up in dere!"

I wonder if every white guy that's funny and suave gets tired of being the center of the plot, winning the game, kill the monster, being the hero who lives unil the end to get AND kiss/bang the girl on camera and then ride off into the sunset?

Oh wait.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,716,012 times
Who did you have in mind for the Asian role? I mean, someone good-looking, under 35, with a fan base?

Were you pleased by the Asian contortionist in Ocean's Eleven?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:58 PM

3,988 posts, read 5,023,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I just saw Twilight and there were no black heroes in that one.

Ok, I lied. I never saw Twilight.
There was a black vampire (I did see it) and he ended up being ok because he warned Edward that his buddy vampire was going to kill the main girl. See? It all worked out...

Old 04-25-2013, 03:59 PM

3,988 posts, read 5,023,003 times
P.S. I just saw Kinky Boots and I think I have a brand new love for Chewitel Ejifor. He STOLE the show. LOVED IT...just can't say that enough!

Old 04-25-2013, 05:00 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,177,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post

I wonder if every blonde with a big rack gets tired of being portrayed as a bimbo in every movie.

You have not seen enough movies in the past couple of decades. Today the most likely role for the big racked blonde bimbo is the 22 year old who is also the world's leading authority/practitioner in whatever specialty happens to be needed to overcome whatever is menacing the town/nation/planet. The second most likely role is leather clad invincible warrior with other worldly martial arts skills.

And sometimes she is both.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:32 AM

958 posts, read 2,135,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I wonder if the average Italian guy gets tired of every movie depicting them as being mobsters or hit men

I wonder if Asian or black guys with glasses get tired of being depicted as nerds in every movie.

I wonder if every heavy black woman without glasses gets tired of having to yell, "oooooh girl" or "no, no no girl friend" or "uh uh no he didt ent" every five seconds. That is unless there's a black guy with out glasses that yells "damn" or "awww hells to the naww shawty, I ain't goin' up in dere!"

I wonder if every white guy that's funny and suave gets tired of being the center of the plot, winning the game, kill the monster, being the hero who lives unil the end to get AND kiss/bang the girl on camera and then ride off into the sunset?

Oh wait.
Only if they're paid enough.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 PM

560 posts, read 1,131,843 times
I like how Hollywood had a huge number of Black presidents ...

Old 05-01-2013, 11:40 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times
What I see them do primarily on TV and in most movies is still not have a lead black character but give them the part of the person in charge figure. This is especially true once the actor is out of their 20s. So you see them as the president, the principal, the police captain/chief, the head of security, the head of the lab, the judge, etc., although I think it's getting better now. I think it was more pronounced in the 1990s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies