Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times

Advertisements

Ben Affleck as Batman...Ugh

Okay, I admit, Ben Affleck did a damn good job in Argo but Batman? You're really asking a lot of me. I mean look what he did to Daredevil? Yawn City! I just don't know, I may have to miss this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 02:23 AM

69 posts, read 144,085 times
Well I certainly liked Bale as Batman, will be a shame to see him not in the role. I await Affleck's debut as Batman with interest...

Old 08-30-2013, 08:18 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Ben Affleck as Batman...Ugh

Okay, I admit, Ben Affleck did a damn good job in Argo but Batman? You're really asking a lot of me. I mean look what he did to Daredevil? Yawn City! I just don't know, I may have to miss this one.
Daredevil was a horrid movie. But it wasn't horrid because of Affleck, Jennifer Garner, M.C. Duncan, or Joey Pants. It was a horrid script and a subpar director.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Daredevil was a horrid movie. But it wasn't horrid because of Affleck, Jennifer Garner, M.C. Duncan, or Joey Pants. It was a horrid script and a subpar director.
Perhaps, but you still think Horrid Daredevil when you think Ben Afflect...amoung other fail and miserable Ben Afflect roles. I really just don't know about this one. Especially seeing the rush job they did on Man of Steel. How much time are they going to spend developing Bruce Wayne & Batman's character in a Superman/Batman movie...15 minutes?

Last edited by SVTRay; 08-30-2013 at 10:02 AM..

Old 08-30-2013, 07:13 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Perhaps, but you still think Horrid Daredevil when you think Ben Afflect...amoung other fail and miserable Ben Afflect roles. I really just don't know about this one. Especially seeing the rush job they did on Man of Steel. How much time are they going to spend developing Bruce Wayne & Batman's character in a Superman/Batman movie...15 minutes?
I can only think of a couple of examples where a movie was ruined by an actor's performance. A bad movie is almost always the fault of a bad script or a bad director or both. Actors can only perform what's on the page. If the script is junk, it's hardly the actor's fault. Daredevil had a subpar script that the director managed to make even worse. Then the studio came in and demanded changeds that made it even worse still. Poo rolls downhill, and that particular pile of poo just got bigger the farther it rolled.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:02 PM

351 posts, read 693,511 times
People keep bringing up Daredevil (even me). That was a long time ago. He's gained more experience since then. His acting abilities in the more current movies have shown he's learned from his experience, and I believe he is a strong choice for the role of Batman. There were other choices I'm sure. Other good ones as well, but as I see it, there was never a choice for Batman that didn't get some huge uproar from fans of the story. They all have some idea of the perfect person to play the role. On occasion, those choosing the actors to play the parts, get it right without any fuss from the crowds. But a huge role like Batman will gain a lot of critique from everyone. There's no one perfect person for this role that EVERYONE will agree on. So, with both Keaton and Bale getting their fair share of nay-sayers, but surprising everyone with great performances (of course, even they didn't gain everyone's affections, but surprised many who thought they'd suck then changed their minds). Let's face it. Affleck may actually do a decent job if given the chance. He may actually surprise those that oppose his Batman role as well and actually do a great job. I think he's proven to being a pretty diverse actor and has the ability go out of his comfort zone and still do well.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:56 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
What an obnoxious link. Mandatory advertisement window pops up. Sorry, wasn't going to deal with it to read the article.

As far as Ben Affleck doing Batman. Ben Affleck is to me like Keanu Reeves is. Tolerable. Good looking. Not real deep. Can't seem to change voice/body language/attitude to morph into different characters. Hmmmm. I think that translates into - bad actor.

He's cute, I keep wanting to like him...just like Keanu. I don't have high hopes of him turning into a kick-ass secret crusader.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
What an obnoxious link. Mandatory advertisement window pops up. Sorry, wasn't going to deal with it to read the article.

As far as Ben Affleck doing Batman. Ben Affleck is to me like Keanu Reeves is. Tolerable. Good looking. Not real deep. Can't seem to change voice/body language/attitude to morph into different characters. Hmmmm. I think that translates into - bad actor.

He's cute, I keep wanting to like him...just like Keanu. I don't have high hopes of him turning into a kick-ass secret crusader.
Great comparison

Old 09-11-2013, 01:12 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,809 times
Quote:

I am not sure if this is a troll post or not. It sure sounds like one though.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:32 PM

613 posts, read 944,730 times
Quote:

"Benaffleck" (pronounced as one word), as Janeane Garofalo referred to him, is one of that current crop of great looking American actors & actresses, who are big "stars" mainly b/c of their looks. And have just enough acting talent to become popular with the masses.

But "Benaffleck" as Batman? Batman????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies