Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2016, 03:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I heard there was going to be an R - option for B vs S.....if so, should be much better.

Biggest problem with so many franchises is that the darker characters are complete garbage after being nerfed by a PG-13.

Imagine the Hulk movies done R, can't be done right otherwise.

For example, the whole Avengers plot limps when Banner flies off into hiding because it doesn't quite make sense because they don't actually show *why*. If they'd shown the Hulk losing it and throwing a gas tanker into the side of loaded city bus then suddenly the audience understands *why* Banner has to live in isolation.

There are a number of REALLY good animated movies out that hint at how things could be better "darker", Flashpoint Paradox with a much more militant Batman for example plus others.
A rated R movie only works when the script and character needed it to be. I argued Deadpool didn't need to be R but that said, it was still great as an r-rated film. DareDevil (2003) was much better as the R-rated Director's Cut than the PG-13 Theatrical version. That said, I don't think that an R-rated Batman V. Superman is needed at all. If anything Suicide Squad should have been but they are looking to a PG-13 instead

As for Hulk, Huilk just hasn't worked in movies with the direction and acting choices. Mark Ruffalo is a good Hulk but the Hulk isn't a draw on his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 09:51 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,622,039 times
Suicide Squad will get an R-rated cut on the DVD. It's a sure thing.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:29 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I was calling for that for the longest time. it just fits the tone and direction.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:13 AM

More positive feedback rolling in where advance screenings of BvS are concerned...

...including comparisons to The Dark Knight, quality-wise.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:27 AM

Old 03-15-2016, 10:38 PM

991 posts, read 629,511 times
I still find promoting the movie as Batman vs Superman to be absurd!

Forget the kryptonite can kill superman fantasy considering superman doesn't have to be anywhere near the bat to kill him!

And what is that part where superman looks 'shocked' where the bat apparently has some kind of arm strength standoff with him?

Yeah, I see them talking about the bats suit of armor and how it levels the playing field?

Again, nothing on earth could be 'built' that would actually be able to overcome ... a million ton strength level!

And for arguments sake, let's say that some suit of armor did level the playing field ... what's to prevent supes from throwing a mountain on the bat .. from the moon?

Last edited by epliny; 03-15-2016 at 11:26 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 11:57 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the theatrical cut is R-rated now that Deadpool crushed at the box office. I think it would be a smart move. A PG-13 movie about super villains sounds like a half-measure, like they neutered the story to get more butts in seats. Put an R-rating on that movie and people will know they're in some real villainy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
I still find promoting the movie as Batman vs Superman to be absurd!
Forget the kryptonite can kill superman fantasy considering superman doesn't have to be anywhere near the bat to kill him!
And what is that part where superman looks 'shocked' where the bat apparently has some kind of arm strength standoff with him?
Yeah, I see them talking about the bats suit of armor and how it levels the playing field?
Again, nothing on earth could be 'built' that would actually be able to overcome ... a million ton strength level!
And for arguments sake, let's say that some suit of armor did level the playing field ... what's to prevent supes from throwing a mountain on the bat .. from the moon?
You're talking comic power level from before Crisis. Superman can't lift a mountain or 1,000,000 tons in these movies. He struggled to hold up the wrecked structure of that oil rig in Man of Steel. That wasn't even an entire oil rig structure.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post

You're talking comic power level from before Crisis. Superman can't lift a mountain or 1,000,000 tons in these movies. He struggled to hold up the wrecked structure of that oil rig in Man of Steel. That wasn't even an entire oil rig structure.
I guess you missed Superman Returns?
He lifted a mountain in that and not only was it a mountain .. it was a mountain embedded with kryptonite.
(Actually it was a mountain sized island)

Maybe it doesn't apply or maybe it does but .. did you watch supergirl, week before last?
She had to lift superman's million ton key to his fortress to unlock the door!

I get tired of these writers and directors changing or altering aspects of their characters to fit a story line!

You can either use superman as he really is or don't use him at all!
Same with the Flash and other characters.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:41 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
I guess you missed Superman Returns?
He lifted a mountain in that and not only was it a mountain .. it was a mountain embedded with kryptonite.
(Actually it was a mountain sized island)

Maybe it doesn't apply or maybe it does but .. did you watch supergirl, week before last?
She had to lift superman's million ton key to his fortress to unlock the door!

I get tired of these writers and directors changing or altering aspects of their characters to fit a story line!

You can either use superman as he really is or don't use him at all!
Same with the Flash and other characters.
Why would Superman Returns or the Supergirl show have any relevance? They're not part of these new movies and Superman Returns sucked anyway. Not even pre-Crisis Superman in the comics could have lifted that kryptonite island. That was stupid and exactly the kind of alteration to the character you claim to hate. The kryptonite made him so weak he immediately collapsed when he stood on it, but he just magically mustered up the strength to lift it all into space and hurl it away?

Old 03-16-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Why would Superman Returns or the Supergirl show have any relevance? They're not part of these new movies and Superman Returns sucked anyway. Not even pre-Crisis Superman in the comics could have lifted that kryptonite island. That was stupid and exactly the kind of alteration to the character you claim to hate. The kryptonite made him so weak he immediately collapsed when he stood on it, but he just magically mustered up the strength to lift it all into space and hurl it away?
It isn't my fault that today's writers have totally confused everyone when it comes to superheros.

You said superman couldn't lift a mountain so I pointed out superman returns.
It actually takes hours for kryptonite to kill supes.

As far as supergirl goes, I believe that the part where Jimmy olsen tells her (supergirl) that the key to superman's fortress weighs a million tons is an "easter egg".

Years ago, someone asked (DC) just how strong and how much superman could lift?
The answer?

A million tons!

Last edited by epliny; 03-16-2016 at 01:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies