Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 09:01 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Relax. Why can't WW be sexy & empower women at the same time? I don't see any muscle on Theron either. WW in the comics wasn't always drawn with muscles either. You just happened to pick those who drew her that way. Most of the time she was drawn as athletic.
Theron has put on muscle for roles before, and also happens to be a talented actor. That's two up on Gadot.

And Batman used to be drawn like a normal dude but no one argues that Christian Bale was too buff. Wonder Woman is a tall, broad-shouldered, muscular warrior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 09:37 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Theron has put on muscle for roles before, and also happens to be a talented actor. That's two up on Gadot.

And Batman used to be drawn like a normal dude but no one argues that Christian Bale was too buff. Wonder Woman is a tall, broad-shouldered, muscular warrior.

So you've seen EVERY movie that Gadot as been in & deemed her unworthy of being Wonder Woman?

And your opposed to WW being sexy & being strong? And of you want to get real about it they are BOTH to short to play WW. Linda Carter was beautiful, Sexy & strong.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So you've seen EVERY movie that Gadot as been in & deemed her unworthy of being Wonder Woman?
I've seen the two 'Fast & Furious' movies she was in. She's really bad.

Quote:
And your opposed to WW being sexy & being strong? And of you want to get real about it they are BOTH to short to play WW. Linda Carter was beautiful, Sexy & strong.
Charlize Theron isn't sexy? And Linda Carter is shorter than Theron and Gadot. She was also about 15 or 20 pounds heavier than Gadot when she played Wonder Woman, because she wasn't a runway model playing at being an action star.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:27 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,622,039 times
Charlize put on muscle? For which role? The last two movies I've seen her in were Mad Max: Fury Road and Prometheus. She's slender. She does not have broad shoulders. Everything you're putting forth is a straw man. If you're like her, that's one thing. But don't say she'd be the ideal Wonder Woman.

Some sites put Charlize at 5'9" — and I'm still pretty sure Gal is the taller of the two.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:32 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:

Charlize Theron isn't sexy? And Linda Carter is shorter than Theron and Gadot. She was also about 15 or 20 pounds heavier than Gadot when she played Wonder Woman, because she wasn't a runway model playing at being an action star.

Where did I say that Theron isn't sexy? Once again can't a woman not be sexy & still empower women?

Old 03-22-2016, 05:58 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
Wonder Woman is about empowering women, not being a male fantasy.
Wrong. Read the origin of Wonder Woman. More than a little creepy. The bondage motifs are not accidental.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:34 PM

http://www.thewrap.com/batman-v-superman-is-fandangos-top-pre-selling-superhero-movie-ever/

Old 03-22-2016, 02:51 PM

Why are the only reviews coming out for this right now all Spanish? Did they not sign the embargo?

Old 03-22-2016, 03:28 PM

"They" (I suspect it may be the same guy) broke the embargo and posted two reviews, one of which basically summarizes the film and nothing more, while the other completely trashes it and says it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I smell a troll.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
"They" (I suspect it may be the same guy) broke the embargo and posted two reviews, one of which basically summarizes the film and nothing more, while the other completely trashes it and says it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I smell a troll.
I saw a third one(with a different name and source), also in Spanish. I'm not paying them any mind, I just thought it was odd that 3 Spanish reviews popped up early, all in the same day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies