Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2016, 01:15 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times

Advertisements

If you look at the viewer reviews on Rotten Tomatoes there's an odd trend: nearly every positive review is 5 stars. But when you start to read those reviews you'll quickly notice that they're mostly worthless. Many of them are simply complaints about critics, just as many are from people who haven't actually seen it, and nearly all of them are from dullards. Terrible grammar, meandering, nonsensical. Several of these 5-star reviews even go out of their way to criticize the critics for using the rating scale unrealistically(1 star, 2 out of 10, etc). Talk about hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 04:16 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Once again the general public isn't going to care much about anything other then watching Superman & Batman trading punches. Maybe that's who this movie was made for not those of us who like comics.
We all have seen movies with bad reviews & loved them anyways, people make movies to make money & this movies will make a lot of money. I don't care for this movies because of Affleck just not a fan of his, however I would like to see it to see how the story line plays out. I MIGHT even be willing to keep an open mind about Affleck...maybe.

I'm personally hoping that Civil War is going to be better then what I've seen from the trailers so far. I'm starting to have my doubts. But only seeing BVS will tell if it's any good or it was a waste.

Until then I still like DD over anything else on TV or the big screen. Thank you very much.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:58 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Once again the general public isn't going to care much about anything other then watching Superman & Batman trading punches.
Actually, it looks like people care more about Wonder Woman than anything else. She is certainly the only thing I am interested in seeing in the movie.

Wonder Woman Is The Big Draw Of "Dawn" | News | Dark Horizons

Old 03-24-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Actually, it looks like people care more about Wonder Woman than anything else. She is certainly the only thing I am interested in seeing in the movie.

Wonder Woman Is The Big Draw Of "Dawn" | News | Dark Horizons

I agree. I want to see how she handles playing such an icon as Wonder Woman. If more so because she has her own movie coming up.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:58 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Once again the general public isn't going to care much about anything other then watching Superman & Batman trading punches. Maybe that's who this movie was made for not those of us who like comics.
We all have seen movies with bad reviews & loved them anyways, people make movies to make money & this movies will make a lot of money. I don't care for this movies because of Affleck just not a fan of his, however I would like to see it to see how the story line plays out. I MIGHT even be willing to keep an open mind about Affleck...maybe.

I'm personally hoping that Civil War is going to be better then what I've seen from the trailers so far. I'm starting to have my doubts. But only seeing BVS will tell if it's any good or it was a waste.

Until then I still like DD over anything else on TV or the big screen. Thank you very much.
Im tired of the Marvel movies, they are fizzling out to me. That Avengers 2 was not very good and Ultron was not great like Loki was. They need to hurry and end the marvel series and let the dust settle.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:11 AM

My brothers and I grew up the the Superfriends, Chris Reeves Superman, Tim Burton Batman, Batman Animated series. We dont all live in the same city but are getting together to see this. Hope its fun.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
We dont all live in the same city but are getting together to see this. Hope its fun.

This is why most people are going to see it & why it's going to be a huge hit. And odds are it is fun & that's about it.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I agree. I want to see how she handles playing such an icon as Wonder Woman. If more so because she has her own movie coming up.
Ditto. But I'm willing to wait for the DVD on this movie and save my money for the WW admission ticket. this movie will hit DVD within 6 months. I can wait.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Im tired of the Marvel movies, they are fizzling out to me. That Avengers 2 was not very good and Ultron was not great like Loki was. They need to hurry and end the marvel series and let the dust settle.
I strongly suspect Marvel will reboot the whole shebang within the next 5 years. Downey's days are numbered. Chris Evans won't hold the shield much longer. Marvel still can't figure out what to do with the Hulk. Marvel will get the rights back to the Fantastic Four and X-Men eventually (probably sooner rather than later with the FF).

It would not surprise me in the least if the upcoming INFINITY WAR storyline ends with a Marvel cinematic universe reboot.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
This is why most people are going to see it & why it's going to be a huge hit. And odds are it is fun & that's about it.
Yea I mean im an old guy (36) I liked Superman and Flash as a kid and my brothers like Batman and Robin, mom bought us bed sheets, curtains, pillow cases. My brothers used to complain about there not being any good Batman movies in the 80s. At that time the only Batman movie out was the old one with Adam West and Burt Ward. Then when the Micheal Keaton movie came out I wanted another Superman movie lol. None us liked Marvel until Marvel came out with cards, they were kinda like baseball cards, but has the marvel superheroes on them. This will be a fun weekend for us lol. All of us in our 30s hyped for a movie that features both Batman and Superman ha ha ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies