Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 07:12 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,016,586 times

Advertisements

Hilarious fan-edit of the new The Batman movie, using the Adam West '60's Batman.

https://youtu.be/6B90ic2iKDo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 02:44 AM

3,838 posts, read 1,786,202 times
I watched it on HBO Max a couple of nights ago. This is an extremely violent and dark film. Disappointed in it and won't be watching if there's a sequel.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:25 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I watched it on HBO Max a couple of nights ago. This is an extremely violent and dark film. Disappointed in it and won't be watching if there's a sequel.
I tried watching it on HBO last night, and gave up. It felt "wrong," sinister, and disturbing. Sounds like I was right. But then again I've never been a fan of the genre.

Old 04-30-2022, 11:03 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
I watched this on HBO last night and you can add me in the "meh" column. It never really grabbed me and did seem a little jerky-jerky plot-wise for the first half. And as another poster upthread noted, I found it just too dark, meaning physically dark, to the point where it could be hard to see what was going on. I suppose I could have adjusted my TV settings, but that's a pain and you shouldn't;t have to do that just to watch a particular movie. I do appreciate what the movie was trying to do, and did find it interesting in terms of approaching how the story could actually play out in reality. I liked Zoe Kravitz' Catwoman. But all in all, not my favorite take on Batman. I'd give a sequel a chance though, but only when it hits HBO, not the theaters.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:13 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Watched this the other night. Didn't like it at all.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:09 PM

643 posts, read 351,495 times
Gonna watch it on youtube. Huge discount made both for renting and buying.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot002 View Post
Gonna watch it on youtube. Huge discount made both for renting and buying.
Got into an hour, the first third of the movie by far. I like the style, extremely dark and cool. Zoe is hot as hell. Gonna finish by the end of this weekend. The whole production team tries to present the audience a whole new Batman story other than Nolan's Dark Knight Series. And they succeed by far.

Old 07-02-2022, 04:07 AM

I give it a 9. As cool and decent as TDK. Very underrated. You can almost feel the depression level of previous one. Rittler is a great villain as joker. I hope there’s a story following up. But not in a hurry. Let me swallow this one first.

Old 08-26-2023, 05:13 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,560,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Didn't love it. Pattinson has no charisma at all as Bruce Wayne. Way too long. Cinematography very dark.
Like basically every aspect of this movie, I had mixed feelings about Pattinson. I thought this Batman costume was one of the best in the franchise, and he looked the part while in it. But, I agree as Bruce Wayne, he was lifeless and I never really cared about what he thought or felt.
Story was good, but like you state.. 3 hours felt too long.
Agree with you again, movie was oppressively dark, but it did set the mood.
I really liked, and really disliked this movie..

Old 08-26-2023, 07:44 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Like basically every aspect of this movie, I had mixed feelings about Pattinson. I thought this Batman costume was one of the best in the franchise, and he looked the part while in it. But, I agree as Bruce Wayne, he was lifeless and I never really cared about what he thought or felt.
Story was good, but like you state.. 3 hours felt too long.
Agree with you again, movie was oppressively dark, but it did set the mood.
I really liked, and really disliked this movie..
It was an intentional aspect of this movie that The Batman was the genuine man and Bruce Wayne was the mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies