Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 01:45 PM

22,932 posts, read 28,310,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I can't see why anybody would consider Lost Crusade to be a poor movie.
THE LAST CRUSADE isn't a poor movie. It's just a mediocre movie. Tonally, it's all wrong. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK definitely had moments of humor, but it also had thrills, adventure, genuine scares, emotion, and some pretty dark moments.

THE LAST CRUSADE was a comedy. Indie's Scottish caricature and screaming about "the tapestries." Marcus Brody is just a clown. Nazis acting like Keystone Cops. It was an Indiana Jones movie with very little tension because it was more concerned with hijinks than drama. I just don't want hijinks in an Indiana Jones movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 09:35 AM

50,908 posts, read 24,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
THE LAST CRUSADE isn't a poor movie. It's just a mediocre movie. Tonally, it's all wrong. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK definitely had moments of humor, but it also had thrills, adventure, genuine scares, emotion, and some pretty dark moments.

THE LAST CRUSADE was a comedy. Indie's Scottish caricature and screaming about "the tapestries." Marcus Brody is just a clown. Nazis acting like Keystone Cops. It was an Indiana Jones movie with very little tension because it was more concerned with hijinks than drama. I just don't want hijinks in an Indiana Jones movie.
I don't agree with that at all. It was my favorite of the series.

Old 11-12-2022, 03:14 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,830,607 times
Why anyone has any interest at all in The Adventures of 80-Year-Old Indiana Jones is beyond me.

But then, it's long been clear that a studio could slap the term Indiana Jones - or Star Wars, or Terminator, or Rocky, or [insert any random superhero name here] - on 90 minutes of footage of paint drying, and it would sell millions of tickets.

Old 11-13-2022, 08:39 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Why anyone has any interest at all in The Adventures of 80-Year-Old Indiana Jones is beyond me.

But then, it's long been clear that a studio could slap the term Indiana Jones - or Star Wars, or Terminator, or Rocky, or [insert any random superhero name here] - on 90 minutes of footage of paint drying, and it would sell millions of tickets.
Agree—

Old 11-15-2022, 06:54 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,505,611 times
It’s interesting that Indians Jones is going with the sequel route, rather than a reboot. The Jurassic World trilogy also technically consists of sequels, but features a new cast, except for the last one. Perhaps Indiana Jones should follow that path, with Harisson Ford having a limited role, akin to Luke, Han and Leia in the Star Wars sequel trilogy (not going to argue about the quality of those). It’s already been 14 years since the last one came out.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
It’s interesting that Indians Jones is going with the sequel route, rather than a reboot. The Jurassic World trilogy also technically consists of sequels, but features a new cast, except for the last one. Perhaps Indiana Jones should follow that path, with Harisson Ford having a limited role, akin to Luke, Han and Leia in the Star Wars sequel trilogy (not going to argue about the quality of those). It’s already been 14 years since the last one came out.
To me it's one of those roles that a particular actor "owns", so to speak.

Old 11-16-2022, 08:42 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,505,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
To me it's one of those roles that a particular actor "owns", so to speak.
That‘s a possibility, but then eventually production will have to find new talent if they wish to keep the IP alive.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:33 PM

11,590 posts, read 6,063,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

I just want to be enertained. Entertain me and I could care less regarding specifics. I won't want to be lectured. I don't want politics or political correctness. I don't want mindless CGI with no plot. Just entertain me and I don't care if the protagonist is an 80 year old man or a puppy.

Make if fun or funny or suspenseful, and don't cheat me or insult my intelligence, and don't interject real life crap like politics.

I am an escapist. I just want to go into my own little word for a couple of hours.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
That‘s a possibility, but then eventually production will have to find new talent if they wish to keep the IP alive.
And the problem is that any film of the same genre is immediately called (at least by some) a rip off of Indiana Jones.

Old 11-20-2022, 09:22 AM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times
Harrison Ford is a giant douche. An old crotchety douche that hates his fans and is only looking for $$$ and to stay relevant.
He killed off Han Solo in those worthless idiotic Star Wars messes. Now he wants to kill off Indiana Jones. What a douche.
There was a lookalike actor who could reprise the Indiana Jones character and have the adventures set again in the 1930s. He played a younger Ford character in a flashback in that movie about a woman that never ages. So just let Ford grovel at the feet of Hollywood souless producers and make an ass out of himself. Thats how he'll be remembered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies