Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,669,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
Charlie Sheen
David Spade
Talia Shire
Coppola's daughter who stunk up GodFather III (well, even more).
On that last item, do you know the history? Here's what I heard.

The Don's daughter was originally going to be played by Winona Ryder. Then, on the eve of the start of filming, she had some kind of neurotic conniption and couldn't. Coppola Sr says, no problem - here's my daughter. They film it.

They go to screen the film. Her voice comes out with this horrible "Valley Girl" twang that makes it totally unbelievable that she's a New Yawker. So, they have to rerecord every line she spoke. It delayed the release of the film and cost the studio millions.

I heard this story from a gal who worked for an ADR sound outfit in Berkeley, CA. Can't vouch for its truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 12:49 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,798,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
Keanu has his moments.

Ashley Judd is indeed terrible. I saw her live on Broadway as Maggie Pollitt in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof...the whole emotional range, from A to...B

Then again, hard for anyone to measure up to Liz Taylor.
He was good in ONE MOVIE.

Bill and Ted's excellent adventure. That was all. He's stiff as a board in all his other movies (pardon the pun)

The perfect example of bad acting is when it seems like the actor is just reading lines- he does that a lot.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
He was good in ONE MOVIE.

Bill and Ted's excellent adventure. That was all. He's stiff as a board in all his other movies (pardon the pun)

The perfect example of bad acting is when it seems like the actor is just reading lines- he does that a lot.

I best recall him from "Pointbreak." That movie's plot must have been devised by a boardroom full of yuppie jerks studying demographic charts.

People who like those "Matrix" movies might think better of him. I don't, so....

Old 03-23-2007, 01:23 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Stephen Baldwin

Nicole Kidman (no doubt a good actress, since she has received awards from her peers, but I can't stand watching her)

Old 03-23-2007, 03:58 PM

661 posts, read 2,897,034 times
I can't watch Nicole Kidman in a movie without being aware the whole time that I'm watching her "ply her craft". I don't dislike her, but I never get lost in the character as I do with someone who's acting well.

Mel Gibson is another culprit that falls into that category but I get such a kick out of him that I don't care. More viewings than I can count of "Conspiracy Theory" (despite Julia Roberts), Signs, and being a good Scottish girl, "Braveheart".

Old 03-23-2007, 04:28 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times
Default The Worst

Actor: Jerry Seinfield....he became popular on a sitcom of "nothing". A few catch phrases makes him a comedian.....hmmmmm.

Actress: Sophia Coppola...I feel she cost the Oscar for the final trilogy of the Godfather....absolutely love the first two.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 AM

1,489 posts, read 8,798,843 times
Sienfeld is one of the worst comedy shows ever.

How it got so popular is beyond me.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 PM

157 posts, read 479,485 times
I liked Jennifer Aniston in Friends but that's about it. She was terrible in Derailed. It was painful watching her. During the train scene at the beginning of the movie, she always had this blank expression, like she wasn't sure what to do with the role.

She was ok in The Good Girl. I've read that she had to take coaching lessons for The Good Girl to get rid of her Rachael mannerisms. Other actresses could have easily gotten into the role and done something better with it. I haven't seen her other movies, maybe she's just better at comedy.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Nicole Kidman (no doubt a good actress, since she has received awards from her peers, but I can't stand watching her)
I loved her in "Eyes Wide Shut."

But I don't find her attractive. That sharp little nose of hers...looks like the business end of a can opener.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:57 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgirl View Post
I liked Jennifer Aniston in Friends but that's about it. She was terrible in Derailed. It was painful watching her. During the train scene at the beginning of the movie, she always had this blank expression, like she wasn't sure what to do with the role.

She was ok in The Good Girl. I've read that she had to take coaching lessons for The Good Girl to get rid of her Rachael mannerisms. Other actresses could have easily gotten into the role and done something better with it. I haven't seen her other movies, maybe she's just better at comedy.

Did anyone watch the season finale of Dirt? Jennifer Aniston was really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies