Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Bears View Post
Aishwarya needs to stop playing these "I am naive, good girl" roles. Can't stand her!
I never thought she was a good actress. Very overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I don't care for her, either. Her acting is quite horrible but she was truly beautiful in Mohabbatein. I like that movie because the other stories in it are great, entertaining and very, very happy. Plus, Aishwarya got to play AB's daughter and SRK's love interest.
Looking good will not take you far in Bollywood or any other industry. Got to have the talent and that is why Priyanka who is modem turned actress went far. Mobabbatein by far was SRK's movie. He stole the show. Afterall it was directed by Aditya Chopra.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
I liked Bride and Prejudice. There was another one I saw recently, it was about a wedding and there was a big rainstorm during it...I can't recall the name of the film...there was a subplot about this guy who was the wedding planner who wound up marrying the family's maid...Very sweet film.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
I love Bollywood, I just watched Taare Zameen Par & it made me cry...
My faves are: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai & Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge...I've seen a lot of them though like Dil to Pagal Hai, Hum Tum, Dil Chahta Hai, Salaam Namaste, Mohabattein, Mujhse Shaadi Kiroge, Om Shanti Om, Kaminey, Love Aaj Kaal, & Main aur Mrs Khanna, I have to admit I prefer more of the obscure Hindi films like: My Brother Nikhil, films that deal with serious issues that I feel are sometimes overlooked in Bollywood (just my opinion, don't attack the sender)

Favorite actresses are: Priyanka Chopra, Kajol, Deepika Padukone, & Preity Zinta. Favorite actors are: Shahid Kapur, Amitabh & Abhishek Bhachan, & SRK (of course!)

Good topic!!!

TZP is an excellent realistic movie. KKHH is one the best too and SRK steals the show.

DDLJ is my favorite movie and also the longest running movie on the planet after 14 years. DTPH is one of the best musicals.

When Yash Chopra directs a movie, its a masterpiece.

Dil Chahata Hai was awesome. I like Salaam Namaste, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi was funny, Om Shanti Om was a great reincarnation entertainment, Kaminey was a boring movie.

Love aaj kal was great. I have not seen Mr. and Mrs. Khanna. I should check out My Brother Nikhal. There are lot of movies that are like by critics but not by popularity that are good. Watch Swades, Khamoshi.

I don't think Abhishek has good acting skills except in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. He is there because of his father. SRK is the king of Bollywood.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I was lucky enough to have been introduced to Bollywood movies in the '60's, and it was a wonderful experience to see them on the big screen in Asia and Africa. In those days, male and female actors were not allowed to even touch each other on the screen. "Haré Raama Haré Krishna" came out in the early 70s, and it was revolutionary, I think it was the first Bollywood picture that broke the rules. If you're interested in Bollywood pictures, try to find one from before 1975. Shops that sell Asian food often have old titles for rent on VCR.
Do you go to theatres and watch the movies? The kissing part started in the mid ninties.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I liked Bride and Prejudice. There was another one I saw recently, it was about a wedding and there was a big rainstorm during it...I can't recall the name of the film...there was a subplot about this guy who was the wedding planner who wound up marrying the family's maid...Very sweet film.
Bride and Prejudice is not a Bollywood movie.

Monsoon Wedding is what you are talkinga bout. Good movie but not a Bollywood movie.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:11 PM

1,301 posts, read 3,579,858 times
What's with all the SRK groupies? I prefer Saif.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Anyone here that watches Bollywood movies?

What is your favorite movie of all-time?

Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Bollywood? Where do you get em?

Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
What's with all the SRK groupies? I prefer Saif.
SRK is the King of Bollywood. Ever since he has stepped into Bollywood in 1992. No one else has come close to competing with this legendary actor.

Saif is also good.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja haha View Post
Bollywood? Where do you get em?
Your local Indian grocery stores, Netflix, On Demand cable tv, theatres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies