Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:49 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times

Advertisements

EW's Favorite Movie Endings
Moose, it includes the ending of The Seventh Seal.
There are some other nice selections, such as the end of Sixteen Candles (perfect!) Brokeback Mountain and The 400 Blows.
I would add the ending of Local Hero, with Mark Knopfler's beautiful song, Going Home, Mac emptying out his shell-filled pockets in his grim Dallas apartment, and the red telephone ringing back in Scotland.
Anyone else have a favorite movie ending?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 03:58 PM

27,349 posts, read 27,402,913 times
I SO liked the ending of '13 Going on 30' and on 'Sweet Home Alabama'. Those were sweet endings.
Yeah I know theyre girly movies but they were well put-together. 'The Rose' and 'Sweet Dreams' still, to this day, stirs up emotions.
Id have to add 'Bedazzled' to my list of happy endings.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:36 PM

220 posts, read 763,097 times
oh those are good ones! esp. Brokeback mountain. As much as i love the sappy happily ever after endings i like the endings that are sad too (although i can't think of one), or not normal ya know? i really like the ending to center stage (i love the dance) and hairspray!

Old 08-22-2007, 05:16 PM

253 posts, read 1,740,803 times
When Brad finds Gwyneth's head in a box.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:08 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,170,406 times
Default LIttle Children

Most recently watched. Intense film, great ending.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:22 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Castaway - While it was a frustrating ending, it was a good one. Which way will he go??? Which road will he choose to travel???

The Sixth Sense - It was an ending that was only good once, but WOW was it good that first time....

Contact - Another frustrating ending that leaves you wanting answers, but....... Still a very good ending.

Titanic - Boy, I gotta tell ya...... I didn't see THAT coming...

Old 08-22-2007, 09:05 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,031,559 times
Quote:
Brokeback Mountain and The 400 Blows.
Something about seeing these two movie titles juxtaposed makes me want to giggle (or puke).

Focus: It's tough to beat the ending to "Phenomenon". Most of the theater was crying as they filed toward the exit, but I was happy that Travolta at least scored before he died. I thought the director should have added a final shot of his gravesite with "TOUCHDOWN" etched across the tombstone.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:39 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
EW's Favorite Movie Endings
Moose, it includes the ending of The Seventh Seal.
There are some other nice selections, such as the end of Sixteen Candles (perfect!) Brokeback Mountain and The 400 Blows.
I would add the ending of Local Hero, with Mark Knopfler's beautiful song, Going Home, Mac emptying out his shell-filled pockets in his grim Dallas apartment, and the red telephone ringing back in Scotland.
Anyone else have a favorite movie ending?

I love the end of the Seventh Seal, such a joyous ode to death after all the gloom and so beautifully filmed.
I love the end of Local Hero too, but then again I love the whole movie...

I think my very favourite last scene though is from "Cyrano de Bergerac" when Cyrano is declaiming to the moon before taking his last breath. It makes me cry every time.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:02 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Most recently watched. Intense film, great ending.
Excellent choice. IMHO Little Children was one of the best movies of this year.
Moose, I've seen Cyrano, but I think it's time to watch it again.
I agree with others that endings which are not tidy can sometimes be the most enjoyable.
lol Pimpy

Old 08-23-2007, 04:16 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,438 times
I am with VAfury..........the sixth sense blew me away. Others: Casablanca, The Sting, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Easy Rider.
I hated the ending to "Titanic". She should have given the jewel to the crew in thanks for taking her out there. I thought it demonstrated what a self centered thoughtless jerk Cameron was. If she had said "I think this is what you are looking for" would have been the ending of my choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies