Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This is nothing new, been going on for decades. In the 70's we were listening to plenty of songs about sex -
Afternoon Delight
Me and Mrs. Jones
If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right

I could go on and on....

Ever listen to the words of Simon and Garfunkels "Cecilia"???

Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia - YouTube

Making love in the afternoon with Cecilia
Up in my bedroom making love
I got up to wash my face
When I come back to bed
Someone's taken my place
These are different from the music the OP describes. These are about affairs, or relationships, not one night stands. Notice the song goes, "Cecilia, you're breaking my heart". People who are into ONS don't get broken hearts. Me and Mrs. Jones, we got a thing goin' on. That's not about a ONS. If loving you is wrong (note the word: "love"). etc.

idk, OP, I've been wondering the same thing as you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO. I'm sure you are all decent folks in real life. I'm sure.

P.S. Raena is interested in touching your heiny. She is basically going out of her mind over it.
Oh their is "someone's heiny I like to touch" but I'm keeping that on the down low.

But if he's offering.....*shruggs* who am i to deny him.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:29 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
LMAO. I'm sure you and those women are all decent folks in real life. I'm sure.

P.S. Raena is interested in touching your heiny. She is basically going out of her mind over it.
There is alot of decent folks in this forum, yourself included. im sorry about your hangups about touching strangers or whatnot, but i am telling you that you should honestly at least give it some thought. it would likely change the way you feel about some of these things. Less bitter, more happiness. all you have to do, is put yourself out there.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
. Youre a woman, it takes practicaly zero effort to get laid. go to a bar and smile - and you get what you came for. thats it.
Oh no, not THIS again! You really picked the wrong person to say it to, too. Don't you know better by now? *aarrgghhh*

btw. for the N-th time, it does women no good just to "get laid". That does absolutely nothing for many women. Do you know ANYTHING about how sex works for women, what women need? Doesn't sound like it. But don't worry, you're not alone in that among men, if these threads are any evidence.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:33 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh their is "someone's heiny I like to touch" but I'm keeping that on the down low.

But if he's offering.....*shruggs* who am i to deny him.

ohhhh. do tell? I hope it is not one of these men that carries on about single moms and gold diggers ruining lives? LOL.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
There is alot of decent folks in this forum, yourself included. im sorry about your hangups about touching strangers or whatnot, but i am telling you that you should honestly at least give it some thought. it would likely change the way you feel about some of these things. Less bitter, more happiness. all you have to do, is put yourself out there.
Also, I want to thank you for reiterating my point from earlier on the board about men not understanding the word "no." Every "no" to them is a "maybe" or "yes."

edit: LMAO @ give it some thought. I've been alive 32 years, btw. Pretty sure I've given it some thought.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
This is nothing new, just that American society as a whole is somehow more accepting of sexuality than it was 20, 30, 40 years ago. It doesn't have to be hidden. Quite the paradox, really considering our censorship of nudity and stuff.

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to risk the banhammer by posting the "Closer" video, by Nine Inch Nails, circa 1994? That song was WAY more suggestive than a lot are today. "Sweet Cherry Pie" by Warrent was also very suggestive, and I think that came out in the mid-80s?
It's not even an "American society" thing...secular music has always tended toward sensuality. The most traditional folk songs from all different cultures dating back to the middle ages and further are full of sex and sensuality. Renaissance lyrical poetry and love songs were full of sexual allusions and imagery. Crappy hair metal and industrial music didn't invent suggestive lyrics. Neither did 70s disco or R&B from pretty much any era, 60s free love flower power tunes, British invasion bands, Elvis, etc. Vocal music as a medium for sensual/sexual wordplay goes back centuries.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh no, not THIS again! You really picked the wrong person to say it to, too. Don't you know better by now? *aarrgghhh*

Oh ruth, shouldn't you be at the bar picking up any man you want so he can use you as a drive thru for the night? Sounds so tempting!

Old 06-28-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
oh well, life is short. Lately I ve been a changed man, taking chances and letting chips fall where they may. Tell me its bad advice for doll....

Old 06-28-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Also, I want to thank you for reiterating my point from earlier on the board about men not understanding the word "no." Every "no" to them is a "maybe" or "yes."
Token resistance is meant to be challenged. Arent you supposed to be sitting at a bar somehwere, smiling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music