Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 07:55 AM

381 posts, read 278,864 times

Advertisements

Interesting statements in here, I dont have kids but from reading this thread it sounds to me like the parents who want the schools to be nannies do not like the schools. I imagine the schools here expect parents to be parents but again I dont have kids and thats just observational based on this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2023, 07:52 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,441,179 times
Like every other state in the nation, some are good, some are bad. Just like every other state, the wealthier neighborhoods, with involved parents, have better schools. It’s that simple.

Old 10-05-2023, 08:29 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,864,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOI View Post
SC especially Myrtle Beach and Walterboro and really any other small cities or towns here have terrible school systems, most people will hate me for saying this but the less intelligent the person is here the heavier the accent here and even ignoring the accent small words are considering challenging for the locals here and their definitions, which is important to know if your kid is going to school here, they also use intimidation instead of logic to deal with students and have deny any wrong doings, they cannot write a legal document here and often mark students writing as incorrect when the writing is correct and then try to correct the grammar with incorrect grammar, and then if you prove this to someone who is more educated or the boss they will not correct the mistake or you will become the next target for trying to fix an error in correcting, I’ve had 4 lawyers here that I hired and 2/4 could not produce a legal document without an infinity of error, typos and they all look at each others work like “wow that attorney did not know how to write” and then they add they’re own grammar mistakes and partially corrected the other, my court document had an incomplete sentence in it no periods, don’t even start on punctuation marks they are still learning to form basic sentences even after graduation. There’s always something wrong here they’re always trying to pull something with fraudulent behavior or corruption, it’s the “good old boy” net work here and there’s no order, complete chaos, driving too and from school. Every after school program is unorganized they do not keep track of communication and will almost always call you about something you have already called about, they constantly violate laws and write policies that directly violate the state laws, you will get calls from every place you kid goes to because the educators need you to hold their hand through everything, no one here know how to do the job they were hired for. Drunks with multiple DUIs teach kids and sometimes they also transfer students to after school spots, there’s nothing good here except the beach. DO NOT BRING YOUR KIDS HERE FOR EDUCATION!!!!

Interesting post to complain about the grammar and spelling of others.

I'm sure like everywhere there are good schools and bad schools. Good school districts and bad school districts. Good teachers and bad teachers. The biggest constant and control factor into the success of a child is PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT. Take some ownership and get involved don't leave it to you kid to figure it out and hope for the best and blame others if there end up being shortcomings.

I live in NY state. There are good and bad school districts. Some kids in top suburb schools fail and kids in bad city school districts succeed.

Old 11-02-2023, 07:06 AM

219 posts, read 448,346 times
Can't speak for how the school system is now but when I relocated to MB to work at the hospital back in 1989, my son was going to be in the 10th grade. The high school was new at that time. We went to register him and found out that everything he had already had in 9th grade in PA, he'd have to repeat because their school system was "behind" in classes taught. He had had trigonometry in 9th grade (and got A's) but they were making him take algebra (again). It was a step backwards for him. He was bored because he had already had it...in 8th grade.

Not only was the school system behind, I didn't appreciate being called, "Another Damn Yankee" by a co-worker at the hospital. The Civil War is not over there. Just FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area