Walterboro, South Carolina
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||44.1 years|
|South Carolina median age:||39.0 years|
Zip codes: 29488.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $20,664 (it was $17,150 in 2000)
Walterboro city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $120,771 (it was $74,000 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $689.
Races in Walterboro, SC (2010)
- 2,72150.4%Black alone
- 2,38344.1%White alone
- 681.3%Two or more races
- 541.0%Asian alone
- 120.2%American Indian alone
- 50.09%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- The revenues and net sales of Samsonite Apr 21
- Crowfunding is a fast-increasing market Apr 19
- The number of jobs in Construction is falling across the U.S. Apr 17
- Higher local employment numbers lead to higher payrolls, especially in finance Apr 15
- Administrative services employment in the South has fallen Apr 13
|Walterboro - What to see and do? (0 replies)|
|NC or SC?? What's your thoughts? (40 replies)|
|Growth (345 replies)|
|info about Walterboro (33 replies)|
|Any place to live between Charleston (AFB) and Beaufort? (5 replies)|
|Columbia, Charleston metro areas to pass 1,000,000 mark w/in 30 years (129 replies)|
Latest news from Walterboro, SC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (11.7%), European (11.1%), English (7.2%), Scotch-Irish (4.3%), German (2.5%), Irish (1.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 69 feet
Land area: 4.96 square miles.
Population density: 1,064 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Walterboro:
- High school or higher: 84.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.0%
- Unemployed: 8.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Walterboro city:
- Never married: 32.5%
- Now married: 33.7%
- Separated: 7.1%
- Widowed: 12.7%
- Divorced: 14.0%
33 residents are foreign born
According to our research of South Carolina and other state lists there were 8 registered sex offenders living in Walterboro, South Carolina as of April 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Walterboro to the number of sex offenders is 664 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $898 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $450 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: North Charleston, SC (37.7 miles , pop. 79,641).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Charlotte, NC (159.6 miles , pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (578.6 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Hendersonville, SC (2.8 miles ), Cottageville, SC (3.3 miles ), Williams, SC (3.7 miles) , Smoaks, SC (3.9 miles) , Jacksonboro, SC (3.9 miles ), Islandton, SC (4.0 miles) , Yemassee, SC (4.3 miles ), St. George, SC (4.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 8 buildings, average cost: $73,900
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $57,500
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 2001: 3 buildings, average cost: $186,700
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $162,200
- 2003: 6 buildings, average cost: $143,000
- 2004: 10 buildings, average cost: $108,700
- 2005: 11 buildings, average cost: $108,700
- 2006: 11 buildings, average cost: $166,200
- 2007: 63 buildings, average cost: $95,600
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $101,700
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $96,300
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $167,500
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $275,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $225,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 32.90 N, Longitude: 80.67 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +6,009 (+110.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,367 (69.6%)
Area code: 843
|Crime rates in Walterboro by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 283.5)||868.9||742.2||731.5||779.6||948.9||1189.6||1006.8||1118.1||958.6||820.4||756.1||747.4||744.1||610.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Walterboro detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||5.33|
|South Carolina average:||2.41|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -519 (-9.2%).
- Accommodation and food services (25%)
- Health care and social assistance (15%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Construction (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (22%)
- Health care and social assistance (17%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Manufacturing (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (16%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (15%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Transportation occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (7%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (5%)
- Sales and related occupations (23%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (16%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Community and social service occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (5%)
Average climate in Walterboro, South Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Walterboro-area historical tornado activity is slightly below South Carolina state average. It is 19% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/15/2008, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 25.8 miles away from the Walterboro city center .
On 4/23/1983, a category F3 tornado 31.7 miles away from the city center injured 6 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Walterboro-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below South Carolina state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 30.3 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 124.7 miles away from Walterboro center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 33.5 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 54.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/17/1995 at 13:45:57, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 34.9 miles away from Walterboro center
On 4/13/1998 at 09:56:11, a magnitude 3.9 (3.5 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 118.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Colleton County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 6, Winter Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Storms: 2 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: James D. Whittemore - Judge on the District Court, Darwin Walker - 2005 NFL player (Philadelphia Eagles, born: Jun 15, 1977), Dean Meminger - Basketball player-coach, Sandy Fields - Basketball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Walterboro:
- COLLETON MEDICAL CENTER (Proprietary, provides emergency services, 501 ROBERTSON BOULEVARD)
- FOREST CIRCLE COMMUNITY RESIDENCE (505 FOREST CIRCLE DR.)
- HOSPICE OF COLLETON COUNTY (214 WICHMAN STREET)
- JOSIE DRIVE COMMUNITY RESIDENC (210 JOSIE DRIVE)
- COLLETON SKILLED CARE FACILITY (501 ROBERTSON BLVD)
- HERITAGE HEALTHCARE OF WALTERBORO (401 WITSELL STREET)
- VETERANS VICTORY HOUSE (2461 SIDNEY ROAD)
- WALTERBORO DIALYSIS (302 RUBY STREET)
airports located in Walterboro:
- Lowcountry Regional Airport (RBW) (Runways: 3, Itinerant Ops: 21,380, Local Ops: 8,000, Military Ops: 620)
- Hannah Rhea Field Airport (29SC) (Runways: 1)
College/University in Walterboro:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Walterboro:
- Charleston Southern University (about 36 miles; Charleston, SC; Full-time enrollment: 3,012)
- Trident Technical College (about 37 miles; Charleston, SC; FT enrollment: 13,125)
- Denmark Technical College (about 39 miles; Denmark, SC; FT enrollment: 2,050)
- Citadel Military College of South Carolina (about 42 miles; Charleston, SC; FT enrollment: 3,683)
- South Carolina State University (about 43 miles; Orangeburg, SC; FT enrollment: 3,481)
- Medical University of South Carolina (about 43 miles; Charleston, SC; FT enrollment: 2,138)
- College of Charleston (about 44 miles; Charleston, SC; FT enrollment: 10,974)
Public high schools in Walterboro:
Private high schools in Walterboro:
Public elementary/middle schools in Walterboro:
- FOREST HILLS ELEMENTARY (Students: 627, Location: 633 HIERS CORNER ROAD, Grades: 1-5)
- HENDERSONVILLE ELEMENTARY (Students: 482, Location: 6089 HENDERSONVILLE HIGHWAY, Grades: PK-5)
- NORTHSIDE ELEMENTARY (Location: 1929 INDUSTRIAL ROAD, Grades: 1-5)
- COLLETON COUNTY MIDDLE (Location: 1379 TUSKEGEE AIRMEN DRIVE, Grades: 6-8)
Notable locations in Walterboro: Dogwood Hills Country Club (A), Walterboro Fire Department Substation (B), Colleton County Fire - Rescue Hampton St (C), Colleton County Fire - Rescue Headquarters (D), Slave Relic Museum (E), Colleton Museum (F), Colleton County Memorial Library (G), University of South Carolina Salkehatchie East Library Building (H), Colleton County Fire - Rescue Mable T Willis (I), Walterboro Fire Department (J), South Carolina Highway Patrol Troop 6 Post B (K), Walterboro Police Department (L), Colleton County Sheriff's Office (M), Colleton County Courthouse (N). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Colleton Square Shopping Center (1), Walterboro Plaza Shopping Center (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Walterboro include: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (A), Wesley United Methodist Church (B), First Christian Church (C), First Baptist Church (D), Edgewood Baptist Church (E), Saint Judes Episcopal Church (F), Bethel United Methodist Church (G), Bethel Presbyterian Church (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Liveoak Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Walterboro include: Walterboro Historic District (1), Hickory Valley Historic District (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Hampton Inn Walterboro (1835 Sniders Highway), Econo Lodge Walterboro (1145 Sniders Highway), Holiday Inn Walterboro- Sc (1286 Sniders Hwy # 53), Holiday Inn (1120 Sniders Hwy), Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (1834 Sniders Highway), Comfort Inn (1245 Sniders Hwy), Howard Johnson Express Walterb (1286 Sniders Highway), Comfort Inn & Suites (97 Downs Lane), Friendly Motor Court (402 North Jefferies Blvd).
Courts: Colleton County Government - Clerk To Family & Child Support Court (101 Hampton Street), Colleton County Government - Family Court Judge (101 Hampton Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 40.0. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 19.1. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 17.5 miles away from the city center.
(15.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 38.2% for Black residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
|South Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.1% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Walterboro in 2010:
- 124 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 9 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
- 4 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Walterboro in 2000:
- 127 people in nursing homes
- 71 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 19 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 9 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
Banks with branches in Walterboro (2011 data):
- First Federal of South Carolina, FSB: Walterboro Branch at 300 Hampton Street, branch established on 1997/05/01; First Federal Of South Carolina, Fsb at 300 Robertson Boulevard, branch established on 1962/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $108.7 mil, Deposits: $98.8 mil, local headquarters, negative income in the last year, 4 total offices
- Bank of Walterboro: Forest Hills Branch at 110 Forest Hills Road, branch established on 2001/03/23; Bank Of Walterboro at 1100 North Jefferies Boulevard, branch established on 1989/05/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $159.6 mil, Deposits: $140.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Communitycorp
- Enterprise Bank of South Carolina: Walterboro Branch at 1105 N Jefferies, branch established on 1981/03/02; Bells Highway Branch at 776 Bells Highway, branch established on 1994/05/11. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $403.9 mil, Deposits: $343.1 mil, headquarters in Ehrhardt, SC, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 12 total offices
- SCBT National Association: North Jeffries Branch at 520 North Jeffries Boulevard, branch established on 1902/01/01; Robertson Boulevard Branch at 600 Robertson Boulevard, branch established on 1976/04/07. Info updated 2011/08/01: Bank assets: $3,893.8 mil, Deposits: $3,257.7 mil, headquarters in Orangeburg, SC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 79 total offices, Holding Company: Scbt Financial Corporation
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Walterboro Branch at 202 Eddie Chasteen Drive, branch established on 1967/07/20. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Walterboro Main Branch at 401 Robertson Blvd, branch established on 1976/06/08. Info updated 2010/03/29: Bank assets: $168,867.6 mil, Deposits: $127,549.5 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1793 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- Woodforest National Bank: Walterboro Branch at 2110 Bells Highway, branch established on 2008/06/21. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
|South Carolina average:||11.6|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Walterboro city (based on Colleton County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Colleton County:||3.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colleton County:||0.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||0.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Colleton County:||10.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Walterboro, SC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||15||$30,358||$24,286||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||3||$6,735||$26,940||1||$930|
|Police Protection - Officers||27||$94,520||$42,009||0||$0|
|Police - Other||1||$2,059||$24,708||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||14||$35,158||$30,135||1||$677|
|Solid Waste Management||5||$15,239||$36,574||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||8||$18,259||$27,389||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$7,587||$45,522||3||$1,966|
|Totals for Government||103||$299,184||$34,856||6||$4,638|
Walterboro government finances - Expenditure in 2004 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $4,331,000 ($820.11)
Regular Highways: $238,000 ($45.07)
Financial Administration: $28,000 ($5.30)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $1,738,000 ($329.10)
Police Protection: $1,432,000 ($271.16)
Regular Highways: $779,000 ($147.51)
Fire Protection: $464,000 ($87.86)
Central Staff Services: $359,000 ($67.98)
Solid Waste Management: $338,000 ($64.00)
Financial Administration: $268,000 ($50.75)
Housing & Community Development: $142,000 ($26.89)
Judicial and Legal Services: $86,000 ($16.28)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $82,000 ($15.53)
Parks & Recreation: $60,000 ($11.36)
General - Other: $37,000 ($7.01)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $263,000 ($49.80)
Regular Highways: $69,000 ($13.07)
Water Utilities: $17,000 ($3.22)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $3,095,000 ($586.06)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
Walterboro government finances - Revenue in 2004 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $303,000 ($57.38)
All Other: $110,000 ($20.83)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $673,000 ($127.44)
Housing & Community Development: $670,000 ($126.87)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $889,000 ($168.34)
All Other: $461,000 ($87.29)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $119,000 ($22.53)
Interest Earnings: $97,000 ($18.37)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $2,287,000 ($433.06)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $1,614,000 ($305.62)
General Support: $303,000 ($57.38)
- Tax - NEC: $947,000 ($179.32)
Property: $850,000 ($160.95)
Public Utilities: $423,000 ($80.10)
Walterboro government finances - Cash and Securities in 2004 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $6,999,000 ($1325.32)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $0 ($0.00)
5.11% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,504 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.90%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dorchester County, SC||0.89% ($27,059 average AGI)|
|from Charleston County, SC||0.58% ($33,000)|
|from Berkeley County, SC||0.38% ($37,588)|
5.76% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($28,724 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.53%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Walterboro:
- WALD (1080 AM; daytime; 3 kW; WALTERBORO, SC; Owner: JACQUELYN COLLIER PEMBROKE)
- WIQB (1050 AM; 25 kW; CONWAY, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WQIZ (810 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ST. GEORGE, SC; Owner: RADIO PROPERTIES, LLC)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WQTK (950 AM; 10 kW; MONCKS CORNER, SC; Owner: KIRKMAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSCC (730 AM; 5 kW; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WTMA (1250 AM; 5 kW; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WXTC (1390 AM; 5 kW; CHARLESTON, SC)
- WBMQ (630 AM; 5 kW; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBT (1110 AM; 50 kW; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATNS CO. OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WBCU (1460 AM; 50 kW; UNION, SC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Walterboro:
- WJWJ-FM (89.9 FM; BEAUFORT, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WALI (93.7 FM; WALTERBORO, SC; Owner: HESS COMMUNICATIONS LLC)
- WNKT (107.5 FM; ST. GEORGE, SC; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WJZX (99.7 FM; HOLLYWOOD, SC; Owner: APEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSUY (96.9 FM; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCSQ (92.5 FM; MONCKS CORNER, SC; Owner: APEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGFG (105.1 FM; BRANCHVILLE, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WYFH (90.7 FM; NORTH CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WPAL-FM (100.9 FM; RIDGEVILLE, SC; Owner: GRESHAM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WMGL (101.7 FM; RAVENEL, SC; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Walterboro:
- WJWJ-TV (Channel 16; BEAUFORT, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WCBD-TV (Channel 2; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCSC-TV (Channel 5; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: WCSC, INC.)
- WITV (Channel 7; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WCIV (Channel 4; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: WCIV, LLC)
- WMMP (Channel 36; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: WMMP LICENSEE L.P.)
- WTAT-TV (Channel 24; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: WTAT LICENSEE, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 26m85ftTotal length
- $2,389,000Total costs
- 58,800Total average daily traffic
- 2,375Total average daily truck traffic
- 83,161Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 311 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Walterboro, SC)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 29 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 80 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Walterboro)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 20 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Walterboro)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Walterboro that have no violations reported:
- FAITH CATHEDRAL FELLOWSHIP INC (1570924) (Population served: 72, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 175
- Hazardous Condition: 49
- Good Intent Call: 25
Incident types - Walterboro
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Walterboro, South Carolina:
- Econo Lodge, 1057 Sniders Hwy, Walterboro, South Carolina 29488 , Phone: (843) 538-3830
- Econo Lodge, 1145 Sniders Hwy, Walterboro, South Carolina 29488 , Phone: (843) 538-3830, Fax: (843) 538-3341
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Walterboro, 1834 Sniders Hwy, Walterboro, South Carolina 29488 , Phone: (843) 538-2700, Fax: (843) 538-6807
- Microtel Inn & Suites, 130 Cane Branch Rd, Walterboro, South Carolina 29488 , Phone: (843) 539-5656, Fax: (843) 539-5657
- Super 8 Walterboro, 1972 Bells Hwy, Walterboro, South Carolina 29488 , Phone: (843) 538-5383, Fax: (843) 538-5383
- Best Western Of Walterboro, 1428 Sniders Hwy, Walterboro, South Carolina 29488 , Phone: (843) 538-3600, Fax: (843) 538-3600
- Sleep Inn Of Waterloo, 3043 Hiens Corner Rd, Walterboro, South Carolina 29488 , Phone: (843) 539-1199
|Most common first names in Walterboro, SC among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Walterboro, SC among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (68%)
- Utility gas (30%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
|Businesses in Walterboro, SC|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||La-Z-Boy||2|
|Burger King||1||Motel 6||1|
|Dairy Queen||2||Ruby Tuesday||1|
|Days Inn||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
|Jones New York||1||Walmart||1|
Walterboro compared to South Carolina state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
Walterboro on our top lists:
- #11 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of police officers per 1000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Law enforcement workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of English-only speaking households, population 5,000+"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest percentage of single-parent households, population 5,000+"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Transportation occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below 50% of the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #45 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of thefts per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #49 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #69 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #86 on the list of "Top 100 least-safe cities (highest city-data.com crime index) (pop. 5,000+)"
- #89 on the list of "Top 100 cities with the largest percentage of females (pop. 5,000+)"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest Ozone (1-hour) air pollution readings in 2012 (ppm)"
Total of 9 patent applications in 2008-2017.