Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 09:32 PM

39 posts, read 84,503 times

Advertisements

I don't drink tap water. Just move to Myrtle Beach last week. I would get my water from a store that had a reverse osmosis machine using well water, not city water with fluoride that has been added. I stopped at the Piggly Wiggly tonight and they don't have anything. Stopped in Fresh Market in Pawleys Island and totally forgot to check it out. Do you know any place in the Myrtle Beach area that has a good filtration machine/system? I may have to buy a Berky Filtration System or a distilling machine but need something in the meantime. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 06:14 AM

161 posts, read 330,212 times
Ever think about just getting a system installed in your home?

Old 05-10-2014, 08:01 AM

Probably will get one installed but so many other things to do to get settled in. Friends in Charlotte have the Kangen water machine but I'm not spending $4,000 for it at this time. I just need an immediate solution - my water jugs are empty. LOL

Old 05-10-2014, 01:05 PM

33 posts, read 50,756 times
I don't think you need a reverse osmosis to get rid of flouride, etc. A whole house water filter system down to .5 micron should do the trick, provided you have adequate water pressure (the filter system robs a little bit of pressure).

Old 05-10-2014, 05:06 PM

I just call Bay Naturals and they told me that Cleansing Power by the Beach has a machine. I did a Google search and they have a Kangan machine but no info on their site. They are closed Sun. & Mon. so I will give them a call Tues. It's about 1/2 hour from me though! Kangan water removes EVERYTHING!! Excited that I found a possibility - sad that there aren't more options in this area.

I will look into a whole house system once we get settled in and all the other things I need are taken care of.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:11 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moringa129 View Post
I just call Bay Naturals and they told me that Cleansing Power by the Beach has a machine.....Kangan water removes EVERYTHING!! Excited that I found a possibility - sad that there aren't more options in this area.
Is bottled spring water delivery an option for you? You might also try this place: https://www.americanpurespringwater.com/savings-plan/

Old 05-10-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Is bottled spring water delivery an option for you? You might also try this place: https://www.americanpurespringwater.com/savings-plan/
Duh! I didn't think of that. Will look into it. Thanks!

Old 05-11-2014, 08:06 AM

285 posts, read 639,332 times
Better off getting a reverse osmosis unit hooked up to your kitchen sink with a line going to the fridge for ice cubs. Cost would be $500 to $1000 for a good one. No need for a whole house RO system though you might want to invest in a softener if the water is hard. Give Culligan, Kinetico, or South Atlantic Water Systems a call. For a few hundred less you can get Sears to install one as well. Either way much more cost effective over the long haul than getting bottled water.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:36 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetchy2 View Post
Either way much more cost effective over the long haul than getting bottled water.
I also think the OP should check out whether the bottled water company is actually distributing "spring" water. I don't know if they are legally required to actually get it from a spring, and I have read that some are just selling filtered tap water.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I also think the OP should check out whether the bottled water company is actually distributing "spring" water. I don't know if they are legally required to actually get it from a spring, and I have read that some are just selling filtered tap water.
That is a concern - whether it is just tap water or not.

I stopped using toothpaste with fluoride about 4 years ago and have been getting RO water for about 6 or so years. I have noticed that my memory has improved. I can definitely see an improvement! That is why my concern about drinking water that has had fluoride added to it.

http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/fluoride-is-poison/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area