Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 07:18 AM

244 posts, read 714,629 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at a house in Little River that has a nice location and good bones but it needs a major overhaul. I've had it inspected and there's a pretty extensive list of things to be redone on it in order to bring it up to livability. I think that it's an attractive investment opportunity at the right price but I'd need to have a good general contractor to run the rehab for me. Does anyone know someone reputable who does this kind of work in the North Myrtle Beach/Little River area? I'd be financing the renovation through a bank and the contractor would have to be SC licensed and insured. I'd use the house as my vacation/retirement abode so I want quality work, not one of those slapdash flip projects that you see on TV. I've renovated two houses myself and the bank will have a construction consultant overseeing the job so I need someone who's good and reliable - I'll know quickly if they aren't. Good contractors aren't easy to find in any city so I'd be grateful for any recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 09:16 AM

41 posts, read 160,225 times
I has some work done on my home earlier this year ad was very satisfied with the job. The company I used was Equity Home Improvement out of MB, top quality work very professional and on time!!! There web site is Equity Home Improvement : Myrtle Beach Home Remodeling, the owner is Bryan he's good to deal with, not the cheapest but as they say you get what you pay for. Need more info just DM me and I will answer any questions you have.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:21 AM

244 posts, read 714,629 times
Thank you for replying and I've sent you a PM.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:48 AM

207 posts, read 1,003,779 times
I'm glad the above person had someone to post. My parents finished off a 4th bedroom in their MB house and had such a difficult time finding a contractor to do the job. Perhaps because it was a smaller job, I'm not sure. So many contractors would set up a time to come by and then never show up. Others asked for money up front. Hopefully EHI will work for you!! GL!

Old 08-03-2022, 05:11 AM

1 posts, read 679 times
Hi I found this video on Youtube discussing about the experience that he got from a contractor it also gives out tips to avoid being scammed and all. Hope this could help in a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkpJ...fkW_tB&index=4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area