Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:51 PM

13 posts, read 56,834 times

Advertisements

I am considering purchasing a lot in the Surfside Beach Club and was curious if anyone has any comments about it? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 04:00 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,876,632 times
Eddie, it seems like a great location and appealing, unfortunately I don't have any personal knowledge. I am curious to what folks may have to say about it, too.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:14 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
Eddie from NJ.........How did you enjoy your trip to SC?........
I havn't heard anything bad about the Surfside Beach Club. Its very new, and in a good location.......If I come across news I'll post it for you here.
That Anthony's Pizza close by there........fantastic. So, so, friendly too......

Old 03-03-2008, 07:22 PM

882 posts, read 3,538,299 times
SBC is just down the road from my house. Bill Clark Homes seems to build a good home, much better than the 'Nat'l builders' do. I don't know what their amenities consist of, but the entries look nice enough.

The traffic at the entry directly onto 17 bypass can be a bit hairy, depending on what time of day you come/go. The Glenn's Bay Road entry is pretty bad, to be blunt. I'd rather tell you what I know from personal experience than give you lip service about how great it is..

I drove through there the other day and noticed that the crew building one of the houses was using hardiboard to sheet the house, which I didn't quite understand. Not that it's a bad thing mind you.. But with simple brick facades and vinyl sides/rears, using hardi didn't make sense to me. Then again, I'm in sales, not construction!

All in all, I think it's a pretty nice looking community and it's in a centrally located area. I'm not sure if it's in the city limits of Surfside Beach or not. The only concern *I* see, as noted above, are the entrances/exits.

What part of NJ are you leaving?

Old 03-03-2008, 10:03 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,876,632 times
I am pretty sure that the incorporated "Town of Surside Beach" only goes as far west of Hwy 17 Business (maybe a block further west). So the Beach Club would be serviced by Horry County government.

I agree about the traffic issues on Hwy 17 Bypass, it backs up considerably at Glenn's Bay Rd. I think they have an overpass scheduled to be built there? Or is it at the "back gate"?

Old 03-04-2008, 07:28 AM

baylovers-
No roadwork to my knowledge at Glenn's Bay & the Bypass. The 707/Bypass intersection is scheduled for an overhaul..

Old 03-04-2008, 08:15 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,669,821 times
Yes, Glenns Bay is going to be widened at any moment. The sign was recently put up.
They know there is a problem and they are working to fix it. I like that about Surfside.
That happened in a brief timeperiod. Glenns Bay use to be a breeze to drive on......
The new bridge is going over by the old Fantasy Island area, more or less to help with the Hard Rock area.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:49 PM

Didn't know the signs were up.. GBR has been a problem for years, IMO. I had a buddy who's parents owned a condo in South Bay Lakes. Traffic was bad there in 1997 and has only gotten worse over the years..

At least, on a local level, we are trying to bring our infrastructure up to speed. With such explosive growth over the last 10 years, and more locally collected tax revenues, including accommodations taxes, being sent to Charleston rather than being kept HERE where they were needed much more, our roadways have suffered.

PS-Fantasy Island is where Hervé Villechaize announced... De Plane.. De Plane... LOL..
You're thinking about Fantasy Harbor, and yes, that is to connect the HRP area with the airport & Coastal Grand access.. Gotta love Burroughs and Chapin... ;-)

Old 03-19-2008, 03:00 PM

3 posts, read 18,689 times
Default I live in Surfside Beach Club

Ask me anything... I live in Surfside Beach Club.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:27 AM

2 posts, read 8,825 times
Hi Surfside Gal, and other bloggers. My husband and I are planning to move to Myrtle Beach area probably next spring. We live in Florence Sc , which is only 90 minutes away. I'm retired but my husband will still communite to work from the beach. Last year we looked as some of the model homes at Surfside Beach Club and were rather impressed with the Bill Clark homes, more so then the Dr. Horton Homes we saw. I have a friend that lives in Murrels Inlet and she was telling me one of her friends just sold their home at Surfside Beach Club because the noise of the traffic was terrible. I believed she lived closer to the Glen Bay entrance. Do you have any problems with the noise from Glen's Bay or 17. How about noise from airplanes over head. We use to live in Raliegh and when the planes flew over our home my top floor windows would rattle. Also do you have alot of community functions, they seem to have a nice pool/club house area. Before you settled down in SBC what other places did you look at? I see that there are several developements with Bill Clark homes. Also I heard one developer went bankrupt, I forget which developer it was, Levi rings a bell. How many homes are occupied at SBC? Are they close to having all the lots sold yet? My friend in Murrels Inlet lives on the International Golf Course, she said if I live in SBC I'd have to evacuate if there is serious weather like Hurricane's. What about wind and storm insurance? I'm so happy to have found this site. I think it will help me on my house search. Which style house do you have? We were interested in the Lake Herron or the Mallard. I Like having the option of a bonus room, though I may have to talk my husband in to it. Any infor you can give me about life in SBC, or other places that I can go see to compare it with. Would be greatly appreciated. What we buy will depend on what we get from the house we have to sell here. My husband is not a golfer so he rather not look at developments around golf courses. He is more of a fisherman, and would love to get something on the intercoastal water way but I'm not sure we can afford that. And I want a pool and club house, and attactivities. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area