Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:19 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

And........back to the question:
I like NMB very much it is quite interesting....a bit more quiet....family. Lower rise hotels and homes to rent. A convenient grocery store and laundry close by. A charming place for families.
Other then that I skip to Surfside Beach, which is another more family town ........
Then for a more luxury stay with quaintness, calmness, and slower paced......relaxation....Pawleys Island. Its charming and hip.......Unique places to eat.......What you dream of in a restful, ocean, location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 11:09 AM

6 posts, read 13,179 times
The best part of Little River/N. Myrtle Beach is that there is rarely any traffic vs. Myrtle. I hate spending my beach time in traffic!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:41 PM

68 posts, read 107,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay1949bch View Post
ShagShagShag......."A Te Ta Ta", EVERY time we cha cha cha-ed......great for cellulite, we have so many restaurants and all ppl want to do is shop till u drop, dust, or hire a maid and pay big brother.....hola? My shag shoes have been shined many years and we did not shop at Belks or Pennys, what? yep- Montaldoes, Thalhimers, guess I have some class, and I can throw down dancing, so I suppose at 59y/o, never wore makeup, thanks to St. Ives great skin, I adore PJ and luv Jesus, especially his word, we're bout at Revelation now. Kay

Kay,
I was just reading the posts to learn more about Myrtle Beach and I read your replies to Tinabean. I must say, being from the south myself, even further than you (Charleston for 30 yrs), I am shocked at your replies to her. She didn't say anything at all bad or derogatory about any part of MB; she just made a suggestion to someone asking for information. I don't think being a "shagger" qualifies you to be so rude. I was hoping to really get involved with some "Shag Clubs", but I hope they do not all have your personality. Where you shop has nothing to do with "having class", neither does being able to "throw down some dancing" and you sound like you love PJ a lot more than you love Jesus. I think you owe her an apologie, that is if you really have some "class".

Old 09-20-2009, 07:06 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times
What is PJ?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:06 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,828,334 times
Vrexy darlin', either your age or "region of origin" is showin'...

Back in the days when this place was still Southern and before shaggers were considered "old farts", PJ (purple jesus) was the summertime drink of choice. Lots of variations but usually grape juice and other fruit juices mixed with Everclear or vodka in a big washtub. Grape koolaid also worked fine when we were broke. Kinda like a redneck sangria. Those were good times and riches...

Old 09-20-2009, 09:59 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times
Ha, ha, probably a little of both! Thanks PD for explaining PJ!

Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,874,369 times
Hey, thanks Cathwilms.....I just hope my observations are helpful to folks coming here. Having worked and enjoyed travel to many parts of the country, and some corners of the world, I find a great deal of comfort in "home". Nope...SC isn't perfect. When asked, and when helpful, I want to be honest about the challenges we still face here while also helping to posit solutions which help folks here to have a better quality of life. Thanks again and I hope our cyberpaths continue to cross!

Old 09-21-2009, 11:37 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,874,369 times
Oh, and Pawley's Dude, no disrespect was meant. My comment was not meant to imply that shaggers are old farts. Some old farts do shag but not all shaggers are old farts I don't dig it but many of my friends love it and I've even hosted Shag parties for my corporate functions and local benefits. Sorry if I seemed disrepsectful to you.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:08 PM

68 posts, read 107,651 times
Hi Tinabean,
I didn't see anything rude with your posts and it seemed you got slammed pretty hard for no reason. I'm a born and raised southerner and I thought we were known for our hospitality, manners, good humor and fun. I don't know what happened to set Kae off, but I just thought it was rude and uncalled for. Yes, we can keep our cyberpaths crossing!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:12 AM

343 posts, read 726,362 times
Kay's been into the koolaid at the latesy shag party!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area