Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times

Advertisements

Myrtle Beach to walk through boardwalk details - Local - TheSunNews.com (http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1243337.html - broken link)

Finally, a great idea is in the works in Myrtle beach. Those of us who grew up in New Jersey know the value of a great boardwalk........
This will be a wonderfully, inviting addition to the Myrtle Beach area.
I'll be posting some pictures soon of its construction process......
Everyone loves a boardwalk to roam on during those wonderful summer and spring evenings.......
The boardwalk will be one mile long........Wildwoods in NJ is a few miles longer then that but.....Its a great start and I think it will be a total success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 07:22 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,204 times
Summering,
The boardwalk is being built right outside my door so I will try to get some pictures also .... but brrrrrr it is cold out there

Old 01-06-2010, 09:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EiBKUBXfOs

Here is a short video of todays construction. As you will see I will never be offered a job as a videographer

Old 01-06-2010, 11:45 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,236 times
The boardwalk in VA Beach was one of our favorite things about that area so this will only improve MB's value.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EiBKUBXfOs

Here is a short video of todays construction. As you will see I will never be offered a job as a videographer
Wonderful neecewh........Hey, great job. I didn't even know we could post a youtube video on here.
I'm such a picture taker myself. But, this is the REAL project in action.
Very nice of you......
This is finally the right thing to do in Myrtle Beach. Everyone loves a boardwalk........this.......will work.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:12 PM

I really like that it is not just a straight boardwalk......It meanders nicely in curves....
This is a good move for Myrtle Beach. The Pavillion is surely missed.....but this is something new and exciting....

Old 01-06-2010, 02:05 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Thanks for sharing that video. How do you stand the noise? I had to watch it with the volume muted. Can't imagine what that is like right outside your balcony!

I wish MB would put in a really nice long boardwalk like the one in Ocean City, NJ and have bike riding, etc. But this is a start!

I would love it if you would post more videos of the construction of the boardwalk from time to time. What a great view you have! Thanks again! (Oh, and while I was on youtube watching this one, I saw your "How not to skimboard" one. Where was that taken? Gotta give him credit for persistence!

Old 01-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Thanks for sharing that video. How do you stand the noise? I had to watch it with the volume muted. Can't imagine what that is like right outside your balcony!

I wish MB would put in a really nice long boardwalk like the one in Ocean City, NJ and have bike riding, etc. But this is a start!

I would love it if you would post more videos of the construction of the boardwalk from time to time. What a great view you have! Thanks again! (Oh, and while I was on youtube watching this one, I saw your "How not to skimboard" one. Where was that taken? Gotta give him credit for persistence!
Vrexy when we first got here I thought "OH NO" but we rarely hear any noise from inside. We actually ended up enjoying it because it has been fascinating to watch (and I am sure it helped us get a super cheap rate ). I will be here until the end of March and post more video as it progresses.

As for the "How not to skimboard" (LOL) that was taken in Garden City of my son when we first arrived ... He still can't skimboard

Old 01-06-2010, 02:57 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Also from NJ and looking forward to a boardwalk, not to mention if will hopefully create some jobs. I lived down the shore and would spend many days on the Point Pleasant, Seaside, Wildwood and AC boardwalks, so it will be great to be able to do that again. Where is this being built? I live in Conway so I hope it's not too far but I'm guessing towards NMB? When is it scheduled to be complete?

Old 01-06-2010, 03:47 PM

It is being built between the 2nd avenue and 14th avenue pier in downtown Myrtle Beach. The last I heard it scheduled to be complete in April or May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area