Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:59 AM

19 posts, read 182,726 times

Advertisements

Is this a nice place to live or within a good neighborhood? I'm concerned with crime, accessibility to public transpo and accessibility to commercial centers.

Out of curiosity how much is rent/month for a two room & two bath condo there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 05:48 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,791,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy View Post
Is this a nice place to live or within a good neighborhood? I'm concerned with crime, accessibility to public transpo and accessibility to commercial centers.

Out of curiosity how much is rent/month for a two room & two bath condo there?

Laguna Bay is an apartment complex recently converted to condos during the real estate frenzy in the past several years.

It is just north of a major intersection in a decent part of town. The intersection has anything you could want...Publix, Target, Office Max, Sports Authority, Taco Bell, Arbys etc..

I would imagine the bus runs on Airport Road but I would check the schedule on Collier County : Home and look for the CAT bus system.

I have no idea how much rents are.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:33 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,491,758 times
I lived there when I first moved out of my parents house and then when they converted to condo's i endedu p working for the company who converted the apartments to condos.. Firstly they didnt' replace anything, they simply painted over things, secondly they have a big problem with mold, the toxic mold. Several people became sick and complained and they told them if they have a problem to get it fixed. Some people became so desperate they ended up tearing out certain sections of their walls in their apartments to get rid of the mold. The company liked to keep it hush hush though. I would often get complaints about plumbing backing up, we had one lady who's ceiling in her bathroom completely collapsed The apartments are wood frame so they have termite probs and I wouldn't stick around in a hurricane. You can't board up your windows , they don't allow it. The pluming is from the 1970's and like I said they never replaced it. They're a crap hole I moved out very quickly after living there. It was fine to just start out as a teenager but that place is not for long term settlement. I used to get frequent leaks in my ceiling and my ceiling would have brown spots on it from the water damage, and I complained many times and they would send the maitanace man over and he would just spray paint the spot white again to match the paint! He did that like 3 times and I finally had enough. I ended up doing a mold test in the house myself and had it sent away and the results were very disturbing, I had lots of mold , and I just tested my air vents and some were dangerous. I presented the facts to the office and they once again kept it hush hush and did nothing. There are nicer places to rent in Naples and I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Also try this link, and in the top right hand corner type in 34109. Click on Fountain View, that was Laguna Bay before it was converted to condos.. See what other people said about it. Also that website will have other apartments for you to consider

Old 09-19-2007, 09:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else lived/living in Laguna Bay want to give any useful nuggets of knowledge about the place or surrounding area?

Old 09-29-2007, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 11,226 times
Default Laguna bay a reasonable value.

We moved out of the place last year but miss it (and our friends ...my wife is a "pinay" and had many friends in the area). There were some problems here and there but they were often fixed. We drove by a few months ago and found the place looking nice but needing the gate fixed. Considering what the alternatives are the price is right.

Otherwise...it would be hard to beat the location and many of the owners of these condos are pretty desperate to sell them if you want a good $$. We are considering the purchase of one for $148k (with new appliances and granite countertops) as the condo market there is thought to have bottomed out (of course they have said this many times). We think it may go down further near-term and are waiting until "season" passes.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:21 PM

25 posts, read 91,290 times
Default Laguna Bay is the PITTS !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else lived/living in Laguna Bay want to give any useful nuggets of knowledge about the place or surrounding area?
I spent ONE winter there and that was enough !!! As far as crime, there
are drugs everywhere, especially 2620 Fountainview, and there are
usually Pit Bull dogs running loose around the building.

Enough said ?????

Old 10-14-2007, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 11,162 times
Smile Laguna Bay

Originally Posted by pinoy

I've lived in Laguna Bay for a little over a year now (15 months). It's been great! In reference to the person that said that nothing was replaced, that's not true. It depends what you get. Alot of the units have been upgraded. I own a one bedroom that has new carpet, crown molding in the living room, new appliances, including washer dryer, stainless steel appliances in kitchen, new cabinets in both the bathroom and kitchen, granite countertops, tile flooring in kitchen, bathroom and entrance, all new plumbing fixtures. (toilet, tub/shower, water heater, plumbing going to fixtures).

The management association just took over a few months ago. They could definately work on a few things (slow to respond to calls or questions), they are not very good at upkeep of landscaping (good in front, bad in back areas), although they did just totall redo the sod throughout the campus, now just need to finish fixing the irrigation. Neighbors are ok..no major concerns..no dogs running around loose like the crazy person above said. Haven't had any issues with crime. And the best thing is the location. Airport and Pine Ridge....shops galor being built next door...food all over, grocery..movie theater...Best Buy...Lowes...Target...probably 10 min. from beach.....and 10 min. from I75 for travel. Obviously not happy that they market tanked and I paid more than what they are selling for now, but that's life...that's the risk that goes along with the purchase. It'll go back up in a few years...and if I decide to move...I can always rent this place out because of it's great location.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:45 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,491,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User11 View Post
Originally Posted by pinoy

I've lived in Laguna Bay for a little over a year now (15 months). It's been great! In reference to the person that said that nothing was replaced, that's not true. It depends what you get. Alot of the units have been upgraded. I own a one bedroom that has new carpet, crown molding in the living room, new appliances, including washer dryer, stainless steel appliances in kitchen, new cabinets in both the bathroom and kitchen, granite countertops, tile flooring in kitchen, bathroom and entrance, all new plumbing fixtures. (toilet, tub/shower, water heater, plumbing going to fixtures).

The management association just took over a few months ago. They could definately work on a few things (slow to respond to calls or questions), they are not very good at upkeep of landscaping (good in front, bad in back areas), although they did just totall redo the sod throughout the campus, now just need to finish fixing the irrigation. Neighbors are ok..no major concerns..no dogs running around loose like the crazy person above said. Haven't had any issues with crime. And the best thing is the location. Airport and Pine Ridge....shops galor being built next door...food all over, grocery..movie theater...Best Buy...Lowes...Target...probably 10 min. from beach.....and 10 min. from I75 for travel. Obviously not happy that they market tanked and I paid more than what they are selling for now, but that's life...that's the risk that goes along with the purchase. It'll go back up in a few years...and if I decide to move...I can always rent this place out because of it's great location.

I WORKED for the company that renovated and bought out Fountain View..... I will tell you they DID NOT replace anything major.. Plumbing (that has been in place since the 70's at least) I can't tell you how many complain calls we got from bursting pipes, collapsed ceilings, clogged this clogged that. The siding on the outside are painted, the paint kept peeling off. Its rotting wood under the shingles who puts up wood building down there anyways. Thats all from the 70's also.. The shingles are the only things new on those houses cause Wilma took care of that.. The metal stair rails were rusting beyond belief.. they painted over it. They just replaced all the sod????? That'll be the third time then.. They put down all new sod when they started to renovate, it all died so they had to replace allll of it again.... Evidently it died again.. They came in put all this sand around the lakes, the rain kept washing it into the lakes, so they just kep replacing and replacing over and over. They keep the front of the complex nice for those suckers enough to buy and the back like crap casue thats where all the losers live. They were sooo fast to get rid of every single person who rented from that place handing out 30 days notices like candy on Halloween and when the market tanked and no one bought them *cause everyone in town knows they're crappy* they were desperate to get them rented again. Sorry for your lucky living there, watch out for the mold.. the walls are infested with it!! I had mine inspected by an outside company and the numbers were scary... We presented it to the office, who told us we could pay to have it taken care of.. We refused and moved out 2 months later

here's a couple comments on this place from another site

SMOKE AND MIRRORS
It's sad but true: some very nice people will be throwing away their hard-earned dollars, purchasing one of these so-called condo conversions. The new owners have created a lot of smoke and mirrors trying to disguise these old, run-down buildings as great value condos. But it's all on the surface.

The old gray vinyl siding has been painted an off-yellow color. How long do you think that paint is going to stay on the vinyl' And then who's going to pay to have it repainted or scraped off. Sand has been trucked in and placed around the perimeter of the lake. Guess what's going to happen after the first rain storm'

New sod has been planted along with plants. Too bad they can't get the antiquated sprinkler system to work and all the planting is starting to die. The air conditioning condensers are over 12 years old and continue to need repair. These will need replacing at the new owner's expense along with the inside air handlers.

The interiors are a worse story. Termites abound throughout the old wooden 2x4s. Pipes are bursting in the walls. Speaking of walls, there are no firewalls or soundproofing between units. You can hear everything that goes on in the units on either side as well as the activities upstairs.

All in all, this is not a conversion. It's a disaster and people will be hurt

LAUGHABLE

Fountain View... excuse me, now "Laguna Bay" is the same old trashy complex with new paint and appliances. The new owners stick young women on the stret off Airport-Pulling road for all the pervs out there to look at as they hold signs advertising the "codos for sale".

The new owners treat the current tenants like third-class citizens that don't deserve their time. The front of the complex is simply a facade ment to grab your attention and disguise the many faults that you'll later discover.

The electrical sockets in my unit won't even hold the plug for an appliance, the carpet is old and nasty, and there's mold in the wall. They wanted to sell me this peice of junk as it is for over $300,000 and then told me not to discuss their offer to me with anyone! The whole thing is newly painted horse crap. BEWARE!

There are many many more,, not a single one is good.... that place is the pits.. and if you lived there before they were converted you know the truth of them

Old 06-09-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metome View Post
I spent ONE winter there and that was enough !!! As far as crime, there
are drugs everywhere, especially 2620 Fountainview, and there are
usually Pit Bull dogs running loose around the building.

Enough said ?????
No **** sherlock when I was there my roommate kept getting high on ****. I bet he got it from across the pond.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:55 PM

2 posts, read 15,336 times
There is no way, no how, that you would ever get me to move to Laguana Bay. I went about a month ago to look at some apartments that they are renting in the front of the property. It was horrible, smelly, and I saw a roach crawl across the floor when she opened the door to the model. Everything was old except for the stove which apparently had to be replaced. I wanted to give it a shot since I thought it had new management since it switched from Fountain View. The name has changed, but it still the same old crappy apartments.

Additionally, I grew up in Naples and have had a few "druggies" as friends. I would not be able to count on all my fingers and toes how many times I heard or saw people going into FV/LB for drugs ranging from pot to cocaine. It's not a good place. Thankfully I'm not around those people or that lifestyle anymore, and if you don't want to be either.. I would stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples