Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 4,328 times

Advertisements

We live in Naples already, but we want to build in the new development Riverstone down the road. We LOVE the neighborhood and the feel, especially since its not centered on golf. Building takes 1 year however, which is quite long for us. I just wanted some opinions on the neighborhood and which models you bought and are happy/unhappy with, anything!
Also, if you could mention any new construction neighborhoods similar to Riverstone in the area that would be great. No old neighborhoods please, although they are beautiful in Naples it's not what we're looking for. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 02:54 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,613,723 times
Here are links to a couple of threads on Riverstone in Naples...
Used Search Tab, upper right side of Naples forum page:

Riverstone community

Considering buying in Riverstone...Relocating from NY

Fwiw, we have friends that play/belong to our golf club, but built a home there a year ago, and enjoy it very much.
For non-golf/non-golf community, it is well done. There are/will be some kids there, as it is not only a retired gang community.

Base house prices are just that: base prices. Our friends spend another $200Gs on 'stuff', which is not difficult to do these days with new construction. We have been to their new home and it is well done, though Immokalee Rd is still plugged up in commute hours.
My 50Cts...
GL, mD

Old 11-15-2013, 04:48 PM

124 posts, read 333,454 times
Riverstone has about 5-6 new construction homes ready to move in and also I see that there is a resale, it's on one of the larger homes a two story Mandalay. I know quite a few people who have brought in Riverstone. Only one has already moved in and they love it. The clubhouse is all so underway. From my understandings the average wait time to build a home is around 12-18 months. It's a long time to wait, but somethings are worth the wait.
Marbella Lakes is another GL Homes community which was completed around 12 months ago. All the new builds are sold out but there are some resales on the market, it's a smaller communtiy, but it's a great family community in Central Naples west of 75. It has 480 homes, great clubhouse, with lagoon style pool, kiddie pool indoor and outdoor basketball courts and two tennis courts.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:22 PM

87 posts, read 305,999 times
We're building in Naples now and our home should be ready in a few months. We're renting close by now and visit the community often to walk. The community is really coming along nicely. We've spoken to quite a few people that live there already when we go for our walks and they all have said they really like it there. In the mornings there are always people out walking and riding their bikes. Everyone we have met has been very friendly. There are a lot of families which is what we wanted, but there are also many retirees, it seems like a good mix. What Motordavid said about what you can spend on upgrades is absolutely true. We ended up spending more than we would have liked to and I think we were conservative. Also in addition to upgrades there is a charge for the lot you pick. The lots that back up to the fence or another home are free. The lots that are on the preserve, lake or culdesac cost more. The preserve is the least, the lots on a oversized culdesac lake view are the most. The prices have gone almost 50,000 on the base prices of the homes since we went into contract less than a year ago. I'm not sure if they'll keep going up but if anyone is really interested in building there I would recommend acting soon. I wish we had earlier. All the models seem really nice. I don't think you really can go wrong with any of them, it just depends on the size and layout you like. I also looked in Saturnia Lakes and really liked it, but we decided to go with new construction since we were okay with waiting the year for it to be built. Good luck!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:25 PM

18 posts, read 37,624 times
We just purchased a lot in Riverstone. We will be moving from Charlotte, and our new home should be ready in about a year. We talked with some neighbors who recently closed on their home. They had positive things to say about the building process and construction. The only downside we've seen is that the upgrades can be expensive!! However, we also looked in several other new communities and found the the same thing...seems to be the standard for Naples.
I have a question, though. We're still undecided about having a pool installed by the builder vs. installing a pool later. Does anyone have experience either way. What are the savings using a local pool installer after the build. GL Homes wants $34,000 for the basic pool and cage. Would appreciate comments/advice.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:24 PM

85 posts, read 176,989 times
If I were having a house built in a community, I would have the builder do it. The reason is the builder would coordinate the entire process so other than picking the tile, deck type/color, you would have no bother. Also, the builder is more inclined to keep you happy since as an owner, you would be their best advertising.
My other thoughts are to get a spa and heater. I like the spa in the Winter, quick and easy to heat.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:32 PM

124 posts, read 333,454 times
The best thing about using the builder is that they make sure that all the landscaping is perfect afterwards. Quite often when you use an independent company after purchasing the home you are left paying for new sod, trees, plants and so on. It's less hassle using the builder, they make sure the landscaping is up to code in regards to what the community expects once the pool is installed. Saying that I would at least get some quotes form other companies before making a final decision.

I personally haven't used this company but I know many people that have and they have all been pleased.
:: This Site is Under Construction ::
Good Luck and Congrats on your new home.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:37 PM

84 posts, read 147,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingie View Post
We just purchased a lot in Riverstone. We will be moving from Charlotte, and our new home should be ready in about a year. We talked with some neighbors who recently closed on their home. They had positive things to say about the building process and construction. The only downside we've seen is that the upgrades can be expensive!! However, we also looked in several other new communities and found the the same thing...seems to be the standard for Naples.
I have a question, though. We're still undecided about having a pool installed by the builder vs. installing a pool later. Does anyone have experience either way. What are the savings using a local pool installer after the build. GL Homes wants $34,000 for the basic pool and cage. Would appreciate comments/advice.
What is basic? Is that a pool with a full patio under the cage? One story or two story cage? Do you know the dimensions of the basic package?

Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM

18 posts, read 37,624 times
The basic package is a rectangular pool, 13x26 ft. That includes the paver deck, two-story cage, and child protection fence. Also, includes equipment minus a heater.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:55 PM

87 posts, read 305,999 times
We're having the pool put in now with the builder. If you wait then you have to go through the process of being approved by the board and permits. Also the drainage will have to be redone and it won't be by the builder so it won't be covered if it's not done right. It's just easier to have it over and done with.

I would check to make sure that price included the 2 story pool cage. That sounds too low. If they gave you the price right away it was probably for the 1 story because they have to price out the 2 story. I had the quote done both ways and the 2 story was a lot more. We were going to go with the 2 story and had it changed back to the one story because we're renting in a two story right now with a one story cage and it's absolutely fine. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: