Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:36 PM

15 posts, read 73,061 times

Advertisements

[quote=RMD3819;3978460
It would help to know where your job is so we can make suggestions as to housing, unless you have signed a lease with Serano.

This will make a HUGE difference as far as your commute goes.[/quote]

Hey, thanks for your comments.

That Serano lead evaporated. So I'm really open to suggestions. I will be working at a location toward the east end of Davis Blvd. It would be great, if possible, if I could find a nice, safe, friendly place within 5 miles of, say, Santa Barbara Blvd and Davis Blvd . . . one that isn't also under any of the air traffic patterns of the airport!

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 06:45 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Boortz

Naples is BEAUTIFUL! The only bad thing about it is that Neal Boortz lives there part-time!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:05 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square-deal View Post
Hey, thanks for your comments.

That Serano lead evaporated. So I'm really open to suggestions. I will be working at a location toward the east end of Davis Blvd. It would be great, if possible, if I could find a nice, safe, friendly place within 5 miles of, say, Santa Barbara Blvd and Davis Blvd . . . one that isn't also under any of the air traffic patterns of the airport!

Any ideas? Suggestions?
You are in fantastic shape housing-wise. Any of those gated communities along Davis will be fine. Kings Lake, Foxfire, Countryside, Naples Heritage, Moon Lake etc. You could even live off Rattlesnake Hammock or in Lely. I would be cautious about Golden Gate City. It is wildly variable there. Decent middle class to third world ghetto. Stay away from Naples Manor.

I don't recall those folks complaining about the airport. Most of that comes from Old Naples and Wyndemere.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:23 AM

15 posts, read 73,061 times
Default What about traffic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
You are in fantastic shape housing-wise. Any of those gated communities along Davis will be fine.
I don't recall those folks complaining about the airport. Most of that comes from Old Naples and Wyndemere.
Thanks! That is helpful . . . and encouraging.

On which streets is traffic especially bad in snowbird season? (All of them?) Or, alternatively, are there any streets feeding into Davis Blvd that you would say don't suffer too much from traffic during that season?

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-05-2008, 07:34 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square-deal View Post
Thanks! That is helpful . . . and encouraging.

On which streets is traffic especially bad in snowbird season? (All of them?) Or, alternatively, are there any streets feeding into Davis Blvd that you would say don't suffer too much from traffic during that season?

Thanks in advance!
All the streets are bad in the winter. The worst is 5th AV S/downtown Naples and US 41. Pine Ridge Road is also bad, especially at rush hour.

All those gated communities are full of snowbirds, especially the condos. Traffic will be noticeably worse but not intolerable getting in and out of your development. You are not going to be able to escape it.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:53 PM

5 posts, read 20,905 times
I have recently moved back to Cleveland from Southwest Florida and I would not say anything bad about Naples. I would live in Naples if I were a Florida person. In fact, it is the only place in SWFL I would live. I would highly recommend NOT moving to Ft.Myers, but that is me. Naples is beautiful...and I don't even LIKE FL.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:18 AM

376 posts, read 1,809,505 times

If you want to live off of Davis (Lakewood, Countryside, Foxfire, King's Lake, etc) try to locate in a community that has traffic signals so you can get in and out fairly easily during season. Previous posters are correct, there is not a lot of ways to avoid traffic during season, and living in a community with signals will make it much more pleasant.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:49 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
You are in fantastic shape housing-wise. Any of those gated communities along Davis will be fine. Kings Lake, Foxfire, Countryside, Naples Heritage, Moon Lake etc. You could even live off Rattlesnake Hammock or in Lely. I would be cautious about Golden Gate City. It is wildly variable there. Decent middle class to third world ghetto. Stay away from Naples Manor.

I live off Davis at Glen Eagle. Rare to see or hear planes. I seem to see and hear more helicopters. Maybe they are for traffic observation?

Living in Queens, NY, was MUCH worse in the path of LaGuardia, so little Naples Airport is nothing in comparison.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 5,631 times
Hi there, thanks for the positive comments about the area. We are moving to the area in August after visiting in May! We also thought that if you are an outdoors kinda person, this is the place for you. Looking forward to the move and the new challenges that go with it.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:21 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Lets see how long you will enjoy the "new challenges" down here. It's definitely challenged...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples