Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 04:13 PM

49 posts, read 114,441 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I am 50 and my husband is 38 -- we are from Long Island NY -- and looking to move to the south in a year.

My husband runs a high-end health club and also works as a personal trainer, from time-to-time. I work part time as a personal trainer but my main gig is an executive assistant to the CEO of a very successful public company.

We are looking to spend $225k on a house with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths (or 1.5 is okay) with some property but don't need a lot of property. We have three dogs.

We are looking for a nice neighborhood that is not too far from grocery stores/civilization. We also need to be within a 30-40 minute commute to work.

We currently have friends who live in Antioch -- that will be moving to Franklin. We have been to Nashville/Antioch MANY times but have had little free time to explore communities.

In my mind -- I have Franklin and Mount Juliet in my head -- but really need to understand the basics in not being too far from shopping and not paying a king's ransom in property/school taxes. Also want no HOA or decent HOA fees (commiserate with community/benefits).

Any and all experiences/feedback are greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 08:16 AM

160 posts, read 503,061 times
Mount Juliet would fit your house/shopping/tax needs. There are a lot of subdivisions south of I-40 that will probably have what you are looking for.

HOWEVER, with the type of jobs that you and your husband have I would bet you would be commuting to the Cool Springs/Franklin area for work. If that's the case, I would think you might be able to find something like what you are looking for in the Spring Hill area. It was really overbuilt and friends in the area have told me you can find a lot of bargains down their now.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:24 PM

43 posts, read 104,847 times
You should check out the homes in Fairview (Williamson County). Most subdivisions do not have HOAs and you will get more home and yard for the $ than you will find in Franklin. There is a Publix grocery store being built which should be open by Dec. or Jan. along with many shops and restaurants in the new City Center. When the I-840 interchange is complete (TDOT is saying the end of 2012), the area will explode with growth and home prices will increase. Now is a good time to invest in real estate in Fairview.
Not sure where you will be commuting to, but Fairview is approximately 10-15 minutes from Bellevue, 40 min. to Cool Springs, 20 min. to Franklin off Hwy 96 and 35 min. to downtown Nashville.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:25 AM

49 posts, read 114,441 times
Thank you both for these great posts! I appreciate it greatly!

This is the kind of information I am looking for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville