Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 08:49 AM

24 posts, read 50,058 times

Advertisements

the problem im having is finding a place in mt price range in the area i want. I cant pay more than 600 per month for right now...i have other places in mind so we will see. lolim so ready to find a place and move. I do have 8 weeks until i move but in my field and it being holiday time i dont have a lot of extra time to prepare...i do know that west end terrace hasnt had a bad review on apartmentratings.com since about 2008..ill check it out and see
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 07:17 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,148,597 times
If you're interested in living in a place like East Nashville (if it really is like Mid-town Memphis -- I've never been there), then you absolutely do NOT want to live on White Bridge. White Bridge is a long 4-6 lane suburban road with no sidewalks and nothing but strip malls for miles. Charlotte Ave in that area is the same. Harding Pike around there is slightly more walkable, but there's nowhere you'd even want to walk. It's primarily chain restaurants. The residential architecture is boring, particularly in your price range. White Bridge sucks.

On the other hand, I split a two-bedroom house in East Nashville for $900 -- it's a lovely, relatively large Victorian bungalow with high ceilings. I can walk to most things I need, and bike to everything else. My neighbors are friendly. It's the opposite of everything I sought to escape when I moved out of the West End this summer.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:15 PM

813 posts, read 2,034,331 times
^ Actually, White Bridge does have sidewalks and is walkable but you're right about the lack of interesting, homegrown stores and restaurants to which people would want to walk. It's certainly not Little Five Points or Hillsboro Village. There's little hope for that sort of development since the area is essentially a mere dozen of so streets of residential off the major utilitarian artery where urban West Nashville abruptly meets the suburban hills of Hillwood. White Bridge is completely cut off from Sylvan Park by the McCabe Golf Course to the east so spillover from there is unlikely. But the area is very quiet, safe and loaded with day-to-day life amenities and convenience. I ended up in White Bridge for those reasons and because I found a completely renovated space that would easily be $200+ more a month if it was in Belmont/Hillsboro, Sylvan Park or Green Hills (all of which I get to within a 5 to 10 minute drive). So it's a matter of how one chooses to compromise.

OP, I don't know much about West End Terrace so I can't tell you about it. The complex is older and the units do look minuscule from the outside. The complex is also split along both sides of White Bridge Pike. I generally agree with aaronmidnight that the closer to Harding Pike/West End Avenue the better if you look in this area. You might want to take a moment and drive around streets like Knob Road or Kendall looking for rentals signs. These are quiet, established streets off White Bridge where you may find an unit in a house. Also, continue checking on Craigslist daily and looking for property managers. I did a quick search in your price range and found some places in trendier areas including East Nashville. There are spaces in your price range out there in trendier areas but you may have to compromise on space or a less desirable street. Consider a roommate or an attic unit perhaps instead of concentrating on apartment complexes if being in a popular area is a top priority.

Last edited by ariesjow; 10-30-2010 at 01:13 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 06:58 AM

Being in a trendy area is not as important as living somewhere safe and close to work and things to do I've looked at Craigslist and haven't had any luck

Old 11-01-2010, 03:21 PM

455 posts, read 1,141,846 times
OK, just searched Craigslist and I can see that it is in fact very difficult to find something in your price range in a good area.

Try checking sublets and shares. I'm not sure of the specific street (maybe someone more familiar with East Nashville can chime in) but how about this - *SHARE EAST NASHVILLE BUNGALOW*MONTH TO MONTH*RECYCLING HOUSEHOLD* (http://nashville.craigslist.org/sub/2033407618.html - broken link)

Old 11-01-2010, 03:34 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,838,158 times
^Cute house. I didn't see a street name on the listing or I'd chime in & help. If you're looking to buy something DM me, there is a foreclosure on my street that would put the payments around $500 a month & you could own something less than a mile from 5 Points.

Courtney

Old 11-01-2010, 06:47 PM

very cute house and yes in my range..i dont know how i feel about sharing lol i have 3 roomates here and looking to change that in nashville. I also have a dog and im a smoker so unfourtunatly that house wont work...it is very nice though..thank u so much for posting it. Im pretty much giving up on east nashville for now, and looking for close to work and shopping and such. thats why i like the apartment on whitebridge but ill know more once i view it this weekend. Hopefully while im in nashville this weekend ill get a better idea of where to go...my brother lives there so hes gonna help

Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 AM

210 posts, read 588,535 times
OK, so i did some searching....here is what i have found

1) This one is actually in a good location...sort of. It is right across the street from Centennial Park, now like most city parks they do attract some homeless and whatnot. But the apartments and condos all around this one are super nice, not to mention you can so walk to Nashville's best small dog park from here!!! It is right off West End, close to vandy, restaurants, shopping, entertainment... But i am not sure who all lives in this complex, might be worth a look-see?
RealTracs Mid-South Real Estate Property Finder Listing Details

Ya...so thats what i found on realtracs.com There were others, but the locations were less then desirable.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:21 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,838,158 times
^That is a fabulous find, somebody needs to swoop that apartment up quick, quick, quick.

Courtney

Old 11-02-2010, 02:02 PM

210 posts, read 588,535 times
Courtney, do you know anything about this complex? I see it when i go to the dog park and its looks a bit...well "tired". But, everything around it is brand spankin' new...like high dollar new...like the ones right across the street from the dog park. Holy Cow!
As far as the location goes...it can't really be beat for the price. As long as the water and electric worked, there wasn't a HUGE roach problem, and its a notorious crack den that i am unaware of... this will not stay on the market for long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville