Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:25 AM

434 posts, read 1,737,119 times

Advertisements

I'm not a huge fan of most of the Antioch area. We looked there a lot because it was much closer to work but crime statistics dissuaded us. As a general rule though the farther east away from 24 the nicer and safer it was. I think I would look for an individual house or townhouse to rent if I had it to do over. If I were sticking with apartments in Smyrna I would look at Stoneridge Farms. We have friends that live there and say it's nice and quiet. The Verandas has only gotten worse. We will be moving when our lease is up. There are police cars here regularly in the middle of the night. A couple of weeks ago there was a drunk man screaming, pounding up and down the stairs, and kicking a door a floor above us at midnight. Upside- the police got here fast. Downside - I am routinely awakened in the middle if the night be thumping music in the parking lot, fighting, and loud door slamming and stair pounding. Part of it is bad management - they let the worst trash stay here and complaints are ignored. There are cigarette butts and dog poo everywhere and I don't feel safe out walking after dark. The other part is bad construction - when someone runs up and down the stairs my dining room light fixture rattles and if your bedroom shares a wall with the breezeway - forget sleeping uninterrupted. Kids are routinely playing among the cars in the parking lot unsupervised screaming and shrieking at the top of their lungs. Parents are either out or don't care. This place is sooo expensive to have those kinds of problems. We now pay 1050 for a 2/2. I can't wait to move as big of a pain as it will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 08:15 AM

815 posts, read 2,018,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawson26 View Post
I'm not a huge fan of most of the Antioch area. We looked there a lot because it was much closer to work but crime statistics dissuaded us. As a general rule though the farther east away from 24 the nicer and safer it was. I think I would look for an individual house or townhouse to rent if I had it to do over. If I were sticking with apartments in Smyrna I would look at Stoneridge Farms. We have friends that live there and say it's nice and quiet. The Verandas has only gotten worse. We will be moving when our lease is up. There are police cars here regularly in the middle of the night. A couple of weeks ago there was a drunk man screaming, pounding up and down the stairs, and kicking a door a floor above us at midnight. Upside- the police got here fast. Downside - I am routinely awakened in the middle if the night be thumping music in the parking lot, fighting, and loud door slamming and stair pounding. Part of it is bad management - they let the worst trash stay here and complaints are ignored. There are cigarette butts and dog poo everywhere and I don't feel safe out walking after dark. The other part is bad construction - when someone runs up and down the stairs my dining room light fixture rattles and if your bedroom shares a wall with the breezeway - forget sleeping uninterrupted. Kids are routinely playing among the cars in the parking lot unsupervised screaming and shrieking at the top of their lungs. Parents are either out or don't care. This place is sooo expensive to have those kinds of problems. We now pay 1050 for a 2/2. I can't wait to move as big of a pain as it will be.

You really would had been much better off in Antioch, from what you have said you would have had much nicer, quieter, and saffer complexes in Antioch closer to your job.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:15 AM

434 posts, read 1,737,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
You really would had been much better off in Antioch, from what you have said you would have had much nicer, quieter, and saffer complexes in Antioch closer to your job.
I'm sure you're right, but we couldn't find them. Every time we found a good prospect the crime stats were bad. I've only found sites that give them by zip code or city and it was just impossible to find micro areas around complexes that were safe. It's one of those situations where YOU know if you've lived there but coming from out of state it's a nightmare. Do please list any nice complexes you know of though. We'll be moving at some point and I'm sure others who find this thread would love some help.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:52 PM

15 posts, read 40,844 times
Quote:

Im shocked at the Verandas claim, I always thought it was quiet there and safe

Old 04-14-2014, 04:55 PM

15 posts, read 40,844 times
Quote:
I'm sure you're right, but we couldn't find them. Every time we found a good prospect the crime stats were bad. I've only found sites that give them by zip code or city and it was just impossible to find micro areas around complexes that were safe. It's one of those situations where YOU know if you've lived there but coming from out of state it's a nightmare. Do please list any nice complexes you know of though. We'll be moving at some point and I'm sure others who find this thread would love some help.

I lived in Antioch for 4 years, never had or witness any crime and I lived in APT complexes
If there is crime, you will hardly notice it.

Symrna is getting bad.. Lavergne is bad/getting bad

It all depends on what you can put up with. Your best bet is to move to franklin or brentwood

Old 04-14-2014, 08:10 PM

815 posts, read 2,018,377 times
Quote:
You can honestly find any of the apartments on Bell Rd., Waterford Crossings on Crossing Blvd., Vantage Point is new located on Old Franklin, Pinnical Heights on Mt. View, there are some new ones way out Murfreesboro Rd where Hobson pk crosses, can't think of the name.
There is also The Villages consisting of Stonewood, Meadowood, and Dover Glen off Rural Hill.
I can honestly tell you that most of the complexes in Antioch are quiet. Most work during the day and live everyday, regular lives and mind their own business. Don't let the crime stats scare you, which are actually lower in Antioch than other areas of similar population, but those reportes show everything from fishing with out a licenses to domestic violence, to simple vandalism. So the crime reports actually look a lot worse than they actually are in all areas.... You should drive through Antioch, all parts, during the day and night, and you will see that I am correct.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:48 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
Quote:

I recommend Donelson. It's quiet, and has a low crime rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville