Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:58 AM

68 posts, read 91,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I'd call my neighborhood (Historic Buena Vista) that (but gentrifying). Also Hope Gardens and Salemtowm. Salemtowne is further along the gentrification path. And there really are no apartment rentals unless they are attached to a house.

I was also going to mention these areas, but not sure what's out there for $700/month.

Salemtown/Germantown has several apartment structures under construction near Werthan, but I think they're going to be north of $900/month, at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 08:46 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafunk10 View Post
I was also going to mention these areas, but not sure what's out there for $700/month.

Salemtown/Germantown has several apartment structures under construction near Werthan, but I think they're going to be north of $900/month, at least.
If they're similar to anything else in the neighborhood they will probably be starting at $1,500/mo.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:30 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times
Antioch as a neighborhood would be fine...but it's not urban, nor hip.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:40 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post

True...its definitely suburban

Old 08-01-2013, 12:33 PM

68 posts, read 91,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
If they're similar to anything else in the neighborhood they will probably be starting at $1,500/mo.

yeah I wasn't sure how small those units were going to start out at, but thought $900 might be a little low

as someone who recently bought a good-sized rentable property in the area, I do like seeing that $1,500/mo figure though

Old 08-01-2013, 04:23 PM

142 posts, read 205,868 times
This might not be such a good answer but If I were you, I'd stay put unless absolutely necessary. The African-American culture here is much different than it is out west...meaning, not very welcoming.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:05 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,035,578 times
Some good reading?
From San Francisco to Nashville Area.....20 Questions

Old 08-02-2013, 06:48 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Even though that last post was written 5 years ago, I see much has not changed.

Quote:
One of my biggest gripes is the lack of follow-through by some businesses. Maybe it's national, but it sure feels local. You could wait forever for a return call on most business dealings. Very frustrating. I think folks thrive on sticky-notes (or failing memories) that obviously end up falling on the floor. People do seem to take their time with everything.
Is this the truth!! I've had 2 appointments set for work to be done and then....NO SHOW! Not even a call. And we won't even mention the contractor's lack of response and follow-up or the lackadaisical work ethic that shows up with some people we've hired.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:41 PM

815 posts, read 2,018,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
From an African American perspective, Antioch is more fitting for a middle class African American than any other part of Nashville, especially newcomers. It is surburban, however, it is not a cookie cutter surburban type of suburb. And with is revitilization, it is becoming more hip, hip in a fashion that caters more to African Americans and other races in general. Antioch has what middle class African Americans are looking for, such as contemporary churches, modern hair salons and barbershops that cater to African Americans, African Americans in leadership, African American owned businesses, and just the over all presence of other middle class African Americans on a regular basics in the area. Antioch has all of that to offer. I really would not recommend some of the historical black parts of Nashville to any newcommer because they are not up to par as far as the "trendyness" of what someone looking for a middle class African American community would be looking for. Antioch is the area where several of the children and grandchildren of those who lived in the historic black areas of town moved to.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:40 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times
Generally hip neighborhoods are increasing in value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville