Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 01:49 PM

75 posts, read 148,451 times

Advertisements

How do you do Nashville?
I am making a short list of possible relocation options.
I am a Jazz Singer who is looking to sing as much as possible. To gig as much as I can. To collaborate with other Musicians.
Is there an audience for traditional Jazz music in Nashville? Would there be support for the American Standard type rep?
Are there venues that would host a Jazz Trio or Quartet?
Could I find local Musicians to play with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 02:00 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
Jazz is alive and well in Nashville and a lot of musicians find it one of the highest forms of music . . . a lot of session players will play jazz for fun, for improving their skills. There would certainly be fellow jazz aficionados to colaborate with BUT in terms of playing and singing, it would obviously depend on your skill set. You'll have a lot of competition here.

Here is a thread about the Nashville Jazz Orchestra . . . you can contact them via their website.

where to listen to jazz?

What other cities are you considering???

Old 11-16-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Jazz is alive and well in Nashville and a lot of musicians find it one of the highest forms of music . . . a lot of session players will play jazz for fun, for improving their skills. There would certainly be fellow jazz aficionados to colaborate with BUT in terms of playing and singing, it would obviously depend on your skill set. You'll have a lot of competition here.

Here is a thread about the Nashville Jazz Orchestra . . . you can contact them via their website.

where to listen to jazz?

What other cities are you considering???
Hi there CountryGirl!
So great to hear your response!
I have been a professional and semi professional Vocalist for 15 years so am sure I can hang. Believe me I have experienced how amazing Nashville Musicians can be!
I am looking at Louisville KY, Austin, Milwaukee, and maybe Syracuse NY.
I need some place to play a lot and raise my girls.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:49 AM

39 posts, read 46,496 times
Jazz is the one genre of music that I've not really heard much of growing up in Nashville. I am a former alto saxophone player, so I've always had a love for jazz. As far as raising your daughters...Milwaukee is one of the most dangerous cities I've ever visited. It's a cool city but the crime is unbelievable.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterCopperpot1 View Post
Jazz is the one genre of music that I've not really heard much of growing up in Nashville. I am a former alto saxophone player, so I've always had a love for jazz. As far as raising your daughters...Milwaukee is one of the most dangerous cities I've ever visited. It's a cool city but the crime is unbelievable.
Thanks Chester for the feedback. Always good to make a short list shorter! Will be very diligent in my research about Milwaukee and the others as well.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:49 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Whenever I hear or think of jazz in Nashville, F. Scott's usually follows shortly thereafter. I think it is one of the bright spots for jazz in the Nashville area. It has been over a decade since I went there last, but it was a cool spot with some great music. Well worth checking out.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Whenever I hear or think of jazz in Nashville, F. Scott's usually follows shortly thereafter. I think it is one of the bright spots for jazz in the Nashville area. It has been over a decade since I went there last, but it was a cool spot with some great music. Well worth checking out.
Thanks Don for the link!

Old 11-18-2013, 05:55 PM

701 posts, read 2,030,837 times
Would love to see some live jazz if it exists in Nashville. Let me know!

I can't get into the country/honky tonk thing at all

Old 11-18-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat02 View Post
Would love to see some live jazz if it exists in Nashville. Let me know!

I can't get into the country/honky tonk thing at all
Awww it's all good my friend I hope that Nashville is the place.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:17 PM

620 posts, read 1,198,759 times
Jefferson street is historically a jazz center in Nashville. This is music city, I am sure you will find a community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville