Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 01:25 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,983,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
There is no reason to build those in Gallatin.
The nearest Apple Store is an hour.
I shouldn't have to drive an hour to get my phone fixed.
Last place I lived was in the suburbs and we had an Apple Store in the mall that was 10 minutes from us.

I don't have less than a 40 minute drive to get to the places I shop and I don't shop unknown places. VS, AE, Rue 21, Tillys and Wet Seal. It's a whole special trip just to get leggings. SMH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 01:27 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,752,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Last place I lived was in the suburbs and we had an Apple Store in the mall that was 10 minutes from us.

I don't have less than a 40 minute drive to get to the places I shop and I don't shop unknown places. VS, AE, Rue 21, Tillys and Wet Seal. It's a whole special trip just to get leggings. SMH.
You're not in a suburb. You're in the boonies.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:29 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,983,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
You're not in a suburb. You're in the boonies.
It's not even far enough from society to be the boonies...
Plus it's only like 20,000 less than my last town. They're not that far apart in size.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:09 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,485,395 times
I get that you're unhappy in Gallatin. But, it's a bit like living on the beach and complaining there's no ski slopes nearby. Gallatin can't be all things to all people.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:05 AM

256 posts, read 483,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post

I started to reply thinking you're trolling or a Whiny Millennial, but you have a fair amount of reputation points on this board, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you're not a troll and I don't know what generation you belong to, so you may not be a Millennial.

All of the stores you listed are typically found in malls. Rivergate being the closest to Gallatin has a couple of those stores I think. There's only 3 malls in all of middle TN. The other two, which both have Apple stores are located in statistically wealthier regions than Gallatin/Sumner with much denser populations as well.

At last check Gallatin population is somewhere around 30K +/- and all of Sumner county has 168k +/-. If you live in the hills in Sumner, it'll easily take 15-30 just to get into Gallatin. My guess is Gallatin's demographics (population and wealth) just don't fit the business models for the companies you listed above.....YET.

Davidson County population has 650K +/- and Williamson county has 158K +/-, with the latter having a much weather population than Davidson or Sumner.

Heck Wilson county's population 121K +/- doesn't even have the stores your looking for, and that county is straight blowing up population/new building wise right now, and a wealthier population (i believe) than Sumner.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:58 AM

382 posts, read 490,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
I started to reply thinking you're trolling or a Whiny Millennial, but you have a fair amount of reputation points on this board, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you're not a troll and I don't know what generation you belong to, so you may not be a Millennial.

All of the stores you listed are typically found in malls. Rivergate being the closest to Gallatin has a couple of those stores I think. There's only 3 malls in all of middle TN. The other two, which both have Apple stores are located in statistically wealthier regions than Gallatin/Sumner with much denser populations as well.

At last check Gallatin population is somewhere around 30K +/- and all of Sumner county has 168k +/-. If you live in the hills in Sumner, it'll easily take 15-30 just to get into Gallatin. My guess is Gallatin's demographics (population and wealth) just don't fit the business models for the companies you listed above.....YET.

Davidson County population has 650K +/- and Williamson county has 158K +/-, with the latter having a much weather population than Davidson or Sumner.

Heck Wilson county's population 121K +/- doesn't even have the stores your looking for, and that county is straight blowing up population/new building wise right now, and a wealthier population (i believe) than Sumner.
I think some of those population stats are a bit outdated. Sumner is past 170k and Williamson is past 200k, but I agree that a wealthier population definitely helps when attracting good retail options. Plus, the Cool Springs area is on I-65, attracting shoppers from South central Kentucky to Northern Alabama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville