Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 03:36 PM

27 posts, read 38,111 times

Advertisements

Thanks Drake. It shows an incredible disregard for ones fellow man. Having been involved in RE for 15 years I would always help anybody who asked for it. What goes around comes around. I had no idea Nashvillians were so unfriendly. Assuming the posters are from that area of course.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:48 PM

104 posts, read 190,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnkeyinvestor View Post
Thanks Drake. It shows an incredible disregard for ones fellow man. Having been involved in RE for 15 years I would always help anybody who asked for it. What goes around comes around. I had no idea Nashvillians were so unfriendly. Assuming the posters are from that area of course.
I'm about as liberal as they come but the idea that you're saying people are "disregarding their fellow man" because they're not willing to do their market research for you is a bit far fetched. I think people are probably less willing to assist you because you're out to make money by driving up real estate costs for the people of Nashville. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that but you should at least have to put forth some effort to do so vs. expecting the very people you'll be pricing out of the city to do the work for you.

In any case, I'm done with this conversation. I hope you find whatever you're looking for. If you don't, if you search the forums, use Google, census data, wikipedia, etc. I think you'll find what you need without having to rely on others.

Note: I don't live in Nashville (yet), you shouldn't hold my actions against the city.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:04 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I feel like this thread is half Nashvillians looking down at Memphis and half people not wanting to help you just so you can make money.

Trust me, I can't stand Memphis, but the thread got off to a pretty quick "You'll never be able to do that here" vibe which I thought was a bit snobby.

As far as the topic, that's not up my alley.

Just to clarify, I spent most of my childhood in Memphis. I am not looking down on Memphis. I am trying to discourage these overseas investors from coming here. I prefer helping local investors who want to make both cities a better place.

Situations like this do not help either city. This property in Memphis is owned by Investments Australia:

Quote:
These apartment communities are an eye sore and a cesspool and breeding ground of drugs and gang activities, They have burnt down units with little or no progress in clean up. The residence live in fear and the most deplorable conditions with no water and sewage to date.
Petition · Clean it up or shut them down. · Change.org

http://www.smh.com.au/national/heat-...025-2w7db.html

Old 10-15-2014, 09:17 PM

But that is nonsense Brentwood girl. Overseas investors have rescued whole suburbs. We have been involved in nearly 300 sales in 4 years. All are rented, 75% of them were trashed or boarded up when we bought them. Americans don't like property investment NZers and Aussies do. We are doing the USA a massive favour in many cities. I don't know about NAshvile but in Memphis thousands of houses have been restored by kiwis, aussies, canadians and asian investors.
We are far more responsible than the locals. We pay all our bills on time and we borrow millions of dollars which is all revenue into your economy.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:41 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
But that is nonsense Brentwood girl. Overseas investors have rescued whole suburbs. We have been involved in nearly 300 sales in 4 years. All are rented, 75% of them were trashed or boarded up when we bought them. Americans don't like property investment NZers and Aussies do. We are doing the USA a massive favour in many cities. I don't know about NAshvile but in Memphis thousands of houses have been restored by kiwis, aussies, canadians and asian investors.
We are far more responsible than the locals. We pay all our bills on time and we borrow millions of dollars which is all revenue into your economy.
Nashville doesn't need to be "rescued." We have some of the fastest rising real estate values in the country. That is what I was trying to explain to you with some of the price comparisons.

Plenty of Americans invest in real estate. It's actually one of my favorite investments because I love real estate and understand real estate markets. We own rental property and are committed to the community. We choose tenants who will be good neighbors in their community. And then we provide good service to our tenants.

I'm always happy to help local investors, but I think it's pretty clear that Nashville doesn't need overseas landlords doing us any "massive favours." We're doing quite well here on our own.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:17 PM

Actually only 3.1% of Americans call themselves investors.
And I never said anything about rescuing Nashville. YOU said overseas investors help neither city. That is simply 100% untrue.
No one is trying to rescue Nashville, just own bits of it :-).

FORTUNATELY the nice locals have PM'd me so I now have the info I need. Many thanks to the invisible majority !!

Old 10-15-2014, 11:40 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
And I never said anything about rescuing Nashville. YOU said overseas investors help neither city. That is simply 100% untrue.

FORTUNATELY the nice locals have PM'd me so I now have the info I need. Many thanks to the invisible majority !!
Cool story, brah. Now leave us alone.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:16 AM

940 posts, read 1,902,777 times
It shows an incredible disregard for ones fellow man.

Disregard for ones fellow man is credible to millions of people these days. Like in minority religious folk in the Islamic world being massacred. So boo hoo for you, hope you survive.

Also I can think of a recent law where people like me who can afford self-insurance, are fined for not signing up for some scheme, due to having been born and continuing to breathe air.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:48 AM

13,354 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:

Good. Thread closed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville