Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I was wondering if La Vergne is a safe and good area to live in?
Townhomes and houses seem to be reasonable in this area.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,530 times
With the exception of Lake Forest Estates (to some extent), most people would probably consider Lavergne safe. Good is subjective; some may like it, others may not.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 PM
TCK

166 posts, read 565,322 times
Default 2/2

Moderator cut: link not allowed it is rated 2 for violent crime and 2 for personal proverty.

1 is the best possible and 10 is pretty bad. Sounds pretty safe to me.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 01-23-2008 at 02:06 PM..

Old 01-14-2008, 10:21 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
What Mike said is pretty much spot on. La Vergne is, for the most part, a quiet, peaceful area. It is largely blue-collar so don't expect Brentwood, but it is a fine place to raise a family.

The big caveat, which has already been mentioned, is Lake Forest Estates. It's inexpensive, but so are housing projects. This area has become notorious for drive-by shootings, gang activity, vandalism, break-ins, etc. If someone yells "get down!" in this neighborhood, they're not requesting to see your latest dance moves. My advice is stay away at all costs.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:17 AM

5 posts, read 30,447 times
Don't believe the media's picture of Lake Forest Estates. I've been living here for 2 years and have no problem with it at all. There have been a few incidents in the subdivision, but it's not any worse than Murfreesboro or Hendersonville. The police department has been very proactive in educating the community, stepping up patrols, and adding enforcement officers.

Gangs are a reality, no matter where you live. Watch the news, read the police reports, and you'll see that they exist EVERYWHERE. You cannot avoid them.

Yes, Lake Forest Estates grew by practically giving homes away. Many of those people are now being forced to leave because they cannot make the mortgage payment. Plenty of respectable people live here and continue to move in.

My wife and I have family in Murfreesboro and Hendersonville. They look down upon La Vergne because they believe the media hype. I have seen just (if not more) as many stories about shootings, murders, rapes, and gang violence in their neighborhoods.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:24 PM

6 posts, read 61,441 times
La Vergne isn't as bad as some say and not quite as good as others say....I live a short distance from LaVergne (Smyrna) and know about some of its problems...but it's still FAR ahead of some parts of Nashville's worst areas in the North, South, & East.

Naturally, I'd say Smyrna has a leg up !

Old 04-11-2008, 02:15 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,530 times
LaVergne probably has some of the rougher schools in Rutherford County though.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:33 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingTN View Post
My wife and I have family in Murfreesboro and Hendersonville. They look down upon La Vergne because they believe the media hype. I have seen just (if not more) as many stories about shootings, murders, rapes, and gang violence in their neighborhoods.
I would be interested to read some of these "stories" about gang violence and such in Hendersonville. Providing a valid link or two should be easy enough, so please do so at your earliest convenience.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:36 PM

97 posts, read 376,487 times
Hi Autumn07 - we just visited the area this week deciding on a place to call home. I liked Smyrna much better than La Vergne. Smyrna seemed much cleaner and safer. Ultimately, we decided to call Gallatin home. If you have not checked into Hendersonville and Gallatin, I would recommend these areas to also look into.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:03 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,217 times
My wife used to be a substitute teacher here in Rutherford County and it seems that LaVergne has the worst schools around the area. Because Antioch borders LaVergne, alot of that crime has carried over through the schools and many issues have arisen over the past couple of years there.
In my opinion, you could look into Smyrna or maybe Murfreesboro as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville